Looking For New Music To Listen To

Smirnoff_girl

Opeth (Damnation if you are into mellow stuff, any of their other albums Deliverance, Black Water Park, or Still Life if you liek the heavy)

Damnation is my fav. album. Black Water Park would be the best as far as heavy goes.

You should listen to some really grainy, underground atmospheric black metal. Straight from the Fjords of Norway, look for the oddest name and chances are you have the oddest band.

I recommend Burzum, if you are interested in really heavy & dark material.

Thanks for the advert smirnoff-girl.

We are also sick of getting albums with only one or two good tracks on, so winmx would be great. If it's safe then deb and i are over there! That's why we like machine head's new one so much, every song on that album is brilliant.

Well, it's ovbious we all have our own opinions on music so come and join the music club and share your favorites.

Beginning to get really tired of my cds and am looking for something new to listen to....can anyone suggest something I might want to add to my collection??

Since you've mentioned before that you like '80s music, I have a few suggestion that might be up your alley, and in the same vain as the style you like.

The Sounds

Figurine

The Strokes

Beginning to get really tired of my cds and am looking for something new to listen to....can anyone suggest something I might want to add to my collection??

Since you've mentioned before that you like '80s music, I have a few suggestion that might be up your alley, and in the same vain as the style you like.

The Sounds

Figurine

The Strokes

Sweet!!! Thanks for the suggestions....I appreciate it.

http://www.realvibes.net/

granted i'm late as usual but if you want something completely different... give this site a try, click around see if you find anything catchy then pm me if you want some suggestions.

Awesome---thanks!!! @loll@

Can't remember if it has already been mentioned but try THE DARKNESS!!!

Oh, and get into some other English rock bands.

Led zepplin

Black Sabbath

Def Leppard

Iron Maiden

Yeah, the darkness was good for all of two days. I put the song on my mp3 player, listened to it for 2 days then realized it sucked.

It all depends on what you are looking for.

If you want death metal I would say try Nile, egyptian inspired death metal, very nice.

Now, if you want to go REALLY out there you can try some true industrial metal. Now these guys aren't just like NIN industrial, the procussions of this band is made up generally of sheet metal and pipes, they create atmosphereic noises with industrial supplies, very odd yet very good. They aren't too hard to find, but try anyway the band is called "Einsturzende Neubauten"

Can't remember if it has already been mentioned but try THE DARKNESS!!!

How could you possibly list some awesome bands in your post and then tell someone to listen to the Darkness. Insanity.

Because in my opinion the darkness rock. I find them funny and i love some of the guitar work. I'm into most rock for the guitar god damn it!

If you don't already have them, The Crystal Method has Vegas, and Tweekend. I've listened to those two a hundred times and I still am not tired of them. They're a tecno/rock band, but instead of there songs going on for 20 minutes of the same beat, they're more like 5 min theme songs, with awsome rythm changes. They have other albums, but I know these two are good.

If your wanting more classic rock, Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones are worth having.

If you don't already have them, The Crystal Method has Vegas, and Tweekend. I've listened to those two a hundred times and I still am not tired of them. They're a tecno/rock band, but instead of there songs going on for 20 minutes of the same beat, they're more like 5 min theme songs, with awsome rythm changes. They have other albums, but I know these two are good.

Vegas is the superior album, in my opinion.

I never really got into the rest, but Vegas still makes my playlists on a semi-regular basis.

I'd recommend it to fans of the genre, casual or hardcore.