Hello! Some Of My Customs...

pairadocs

Hey all - I've been lurking around here for quite some time, figured I'd finally join the living and say hello and stuff!

I see a lot of great customs here - there's a lot of serious talent in these here parts!

Thought I'd share some of mine with y'all... I mostly do McFarlane-based customs, but I really enjoy working with the ML 6" lines, and other figures of that scale as well. Sometimes, I just do a full repaint of a figure I love, while others get tackled on a much larger scale. I love adding articulation and other features to cool figures that lack that extra "ummph" that I love so much! I'm a huge Kaiyodo fan, and I really learned a lot from some of the things they do with articulation... I try to encorporate that when I make new figs.

I've got about a half a dozen or so in progress right now (I always seem to do that...), and another couple dozen in the works... but here's some stuff that I've finished in the past months...

My Super-articulated Manga Spawn:

mangaspawn1.jpg

mangaspawn2.jpg

One of my all-time favorite Spawn figs... started out to be a repaint, then I decided to make him more articulated. Added/modified 11 joints.

My trenchcoat Snake Eyes:

snake2.jpg

snake1.jpg

Started out as a new X-Men Legends Gambit. Sculpted a new head from a Plan B Special Forces figure, and added some detail. Wanted to keep him minimal like in the comic appearance he's based on. I do plan to redo his visor at some point with carved lines as opposed to drawn lines.

Some repaints...

Battleclad Spawn

battle1.jpg

Another favorite figure... never like the original paint job, and it was before the paint apps really improved. So I repainted it as I felt it should have looked.

Zombie Spawn.

zombie1.jpg

Another full repaint, plus a custom base using a McF Trigun base, with custom "mud" and scrap body parts and bones from the fodder bin.

HOly jebus! Those rock. Especially the Snake Eyes and Manga Spawn. Where did you get the sword for Snake Eyes?

Man that Magna spawn and snake eyes are super sweet and I think the sword is from Metal Gear Solid 2 figs either Raiden or Solidus Snake.

HOly jebus! Those rock. Especially the Snake Eyes and Manga Spawn. Where did you get the sword for Snake Eyes?

Man that Magna spawn and snake eyes are super sweet and I think the sword is from Metal Gear Solid 2 figs either Raiden or Solidus Snake.

Yup - what he said :) It's from a Raiden from the McFarlane MGS2 line!

Thanks for the words guys - and thanks for looking!

Got a new custom about 98% done - should be finishing it this evening... I'll post it tomorrow or Monday! I am quite proud of this one...

Shut up you mongrol, go back to little cave full of poor insults and capital letters.

There awesome especialy manga spawn and battle clad spawn.

can you tell me a few of the websites you use for the background wallpaper they rock!!!!!

Don't remember all of them... I've had a lot of them on my hard drive for ages. A great spot though it www.devaintart.com - check the wallpapers section, under the subcategory scenery. Lotsa nice ones there.

I just print them off really big and tape them up against the back of my curved desk hutch, and take pics. It really makes a difference in the presentation, in my opinion. And it's really easy to do!