(8) Armada Tidal Wave Vs. (9) G1 Sideswipe

TheCasualOblivion

BEST TRANSFORMER EVER #18  

24 members have voted

1. 1. BEST TRANSFORMER EVER #18

• Armada Tidal Wave
    • G1 Sideswipe

Here we go again. This should be an interesting one, 8 seed vs. 9 seed and all. Here are some pictures:

Tidal Wave

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part5/act110/index.php

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part5/act109/index.php

Sideswipe

http://unicron.us/tf1984/toypix/sideswipe.htm

Feel free to discuss the full bracket here:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1961956

The full bracket can be viewed here:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=...d=64868&tclass=

ONCE AGAIN**** Please try to post a reply with your vote. If any suspicions arise, the poll will be judged on replies instead of votes.

While his colors aren't the best, Titalwave is probably one of the better Armada figures out there. he's got good size and a high play factor. While Sideswipe is a great G1 Autobot and a nice figure in his own right its not enough in my opinion to push him past TW.

Sideswipe, man. I'm not a big G1 guy, but he has made it onto my list of must-haves. Tidal Wave's all right but they took too many design liberties. Great personality, but still, gotta think of it in terms of the toy in this case. Swipe swipes my vote.

Ok, in vote between Armada Tidal Wave and G1 sideswipe, i vote sideswipe. If it was Micron Shockwave instead, in all his purple glory, i would vote for him...its amazing the difference the colours can make @wink@

I had to go with Armada Tidal Wave...

I own both figures, and in their own rights they are both really really cool... so I had to judge based upon how I first felt when I opened 'em both up.

G1 Sideswipe, well... I felt the 80's all over again... and was in awe and happiness about regaining a piece of my past. Expensive for a piece of my past, but I guess priceless at the same time.

When I opened up Armada Tidal Wave though... woah... I was impressed. Amazing scale and excellent mold sculpting. I really liked the Armada green paint scheme too. And the fact that he is three seperate toys that come into one robot... sorta like those G1 Duocons.... or whatever they were called... only with THREE monsterous pieces... I was impressed. My only gripe was that the lack of foward knee articulation hindered the poseability... had it though it would have been another perfect figure... and too much of a good thing is bad ya know?

Sideswipe all the way baby! He's the only G1 car I actually cared about buying. I got Jazz and Prowl coz they were cheap, but I got Sideswipe coz I WANTED him.

The fact that Tidal Wave looks like arse made this a lot easier too @smilepunch@

If Hasbro's version of Tidal Wave had the same colours as Takara's Shockwave, I would've vote for TW, but since snot green mixed with grey, purple and red is Hasbro's idea of a colour scheme, I voted for Sideswipe

Sideswipe is one of my favorite Tf's of all time. Cool bot mode. Cool alt mode. Awesome toy.

Tidalwave...not so much. Cool, but kinda clunky.

I vote Sidesipe. (plus...he has a jet pack....ha, ha)

I voted Tidal Wave individually he just got a brute presence that does steal scenes for me on the Energon show, plus I've found myself repeating Tidal Wave Tidal Wave Tidal Wave in my mind. @smilepunch@ Another good matchup and tuff choice!

This is a tough one. Sideswipe is a great toy and is one of the top toys in the G1 line IMO, but tidal wave is a great toy.

I vote For Tidal Wave.