I Got The Road Rebel For Easter

Dragonrider1227

While it's not the GREATEST vehicle to come down the pike, granted. I feel its not without SOME merit.

If you can remove the oversized gun, the toys largest liability (No pun intended) it can be converted into a Armadillo Mark II of sorts. by adding two identical SA gun to euther side, such as the one that came with the TRU Rattler or X-30 last year. Two of the machine guns that came with Gung-Ho's ATV, if you can get them, also look good

The missle launcher can be removed by placing a Phillips screwdriver the same size as the connection pin on the pin and tapping iit with a hammer unterr the pin comes our enough to grip it firmly with a pair of pliers and twisting & pulling untill you pull the pin free.

The gun's auto loading and firing mechanism is actually kind of clever and even amusing to fire, but would be far better suited on a larger vehicle. The flame thrower, whle a nice sound effect, isnt an effective weapon for a MOVING vehicle, especially one thats supposed to be fairly speedy like the Road Rebel

Now if they could have bothered to give Big Ben some decent detailing, this COULD have been the best version of him since RAH. The use of the BC Hawk body suits him, and the BASE COLORS are actually very nice. But he suffers from the typical cost cutting half-assed driver detailing syndrome almost every single driver suffered sicnce JvC began. Come on Hasbro, youre saving TONS by not making an all new piolt. The least you owe us is competant detailing and one lousy weapon, even if it IS a reissue as well. A stand wouldnt be a bad gesture as well. But I digress.

Fortunately any of us who've troop built Alley-Vipers will have more than enough spare Big Ben weapons to equip him. Big Ben's other liability is the flat back associated with ANY of the Talking Battle Commander molds. Fortunately there is a black version of Big Ben'spackpack found in both the BJ's 8-pack (With Dialtone) and the Recondo Mission Disk that not only looks well on this Big Ben, but covers up the flat back problem quite well. Another perfect backpack for this purpose is the black strap on backpack that comes with the more recent 2003 Flint.

It's always cool to get GI Joe for Easter, although I never got anything more than eggs and candy myself. I remember the first time I ever saw the new 1988 figures. My friend's parents got him Storm Shadow v.2 and Shockwave for Easter and of course he had to show them off to the whole neighborhood. I remember being fascinated by the new molds and camo patterns, but looking at the rest of the figures on the back of the cards was the real treat becuase we knew that they'd be coming soon. I kinda miss that about the new figures. Anyway, I never really did understand why he got Joes for Easter.