Just Got The 12" B.a.t. Figure, Yay....kinda!

Jin Saotome

Good and bad points about this figure... He's got the 'Steve Urkle' thing going with a small torso and long legs/waist, way outta porportion and it looks like they chopped part of his chest off. Both arms are removable with a cool chainsaw and gun. Feet look like futuristic-looking tennis shoes with spikes on the bottom and a space in the back where skis or something slide into them. Some artic figure maybe? Lower body/legs are definatly a re-use because it says 1996 on them, heh.

BEST LOOKING ANDROID HEAD ON ANY 12" FIGURE EVER!

Omg, like... wow. It's evil looing, better sculpted than anything I've seen on a GI joe before, it has spikes coming off of the back, and tech-detail all over the back side!

Arms are scawny, which they are on the 3" figure but here they just look bad probably because of the bulging balljoints. Instead of wide and thin they're just.... thin. Hands are a reuse too and don't match well being as hasbro painted the silver 'metal' sections over the folds of the glove where there should of been seams or something. Chest and back ROCK, detailed sculpt with 'vents' on the back and it just looks all robotic!

The pants and feet make him look like a geeky rollerblader-android...eech. And the bright blue on the shoes/knees, what the hell?? I swear these are just reused parts from some other figure. Anyways, here's some quick-pics! I think I'll just rip the head/chest off and stick it on one of the Cy-Corps figure from BBI.

BATmulti.jpg

The problem, for me, is that it still looks like a prototype.

The brand new stuff, like the head and arms, are decent, if not damned cool! But cost-cutting, and kiddification means there's too much retoled or just repainted stuff, and it all gets to look kinda goofy when piled together.

Does that *really* look like an effective gun arm? Lookit how thin the stock is buy the elbow joint. Why's a BAT have a chainsaw? I guess we can see where the Biker shorts idea for the VvV BAT came from... and yeah, the feet/boots look like part of a acton-feature gimmick, like Roller Blades (for an Actionman figure) or something like that. Definitely a mold reuse that they didn't bother retooling to get rid of an old gimmick.

Love that head tho.. it's more proof that the 3 3/4" figures simply *cannot* handle any stylized design. This is what the Wave 4 BAT was *supposed* to look like, but at that small scale, you can't do the pointy head thingies. Draxhal Jump did good with their design.. it's a shame there's no GIJoe toyline that can truly do it justice.