Arctic Or Urban?

What do you consider these.  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider these.

• Arctic
    • Urban

You all remember those Walmart exclusive packs right? the ones with Gung Ho, Roadblock, and Duke. along with a Neo Viper, CLAWS, and Grenadiers. well what do you consider the Cobra troops to have/be urban or arctic?

I'd have to say Arctic, cause if you all remember seeing my Cobra Arctic Assault Team, I'm all about the snow.

The fact that these figures have black on them makes me lean towards urban. No matter how much camo you have on the rest of your uniform, the black is going to give away your position in the snow.

Urban

They could "pass" as either and you're free to use them how you like, but I think they are Urban.

IF they had come with snow shoes, skis or white guns then that would have been arctic intent....including if the figures were just plain "white".

However, the "Urban" Camo, black details and specialties of the troopers totally says URBAN to me.

Guest gunslingercbr

the only thing I consider them are some of the ugliest painted Joes of all time. it seems everyone likes to complain about the Night Force camo, but the crappy squigly lines of the WM exclusives make the NF camo look like picasso applied them.

Having a mostly white outfit with black details (like the gear) could still pass for arctic camo.

Those outfits AREN'T white with black details. They are grey with black details. It could just be the pictures at yojoe.com making them look grey instead of white as I have not seen them in person.

But there is WAY too much black. Look at the C.L.A.W.S. Grey body with black mask. Why doesn't he just paint a bullseye on his head if he goes out in the snow like that? At least the Iron Grenadier can take off the black helmet. The Neo-Viper is even worse as most people are trained to fire into the torso and with all that black he's got an even bigger bullseye than the C.L.A.W.S.

Of any of them, I'd say the Iron Grenadier would be the closest to an arctic trooper.

Hasbro called them artic and these toys are not meant to be realistic. People need to stop thinking realisticly on these things.

Draven #US1#

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.

Hasbro called them artic and these toys are not meant to be realistic. People need to stop thinking realisticly on these things.

Draven #US1#

Where does it say they are arctic troops? It doesn't say as such anywhere on the packaging or the filecards.

And if we don't think realistically on these things, we end up with neon and space aliens and bizarre things like that.

Draven  #US1#

Where does it say they are arctic troops? It doesn't say as such anywhere on the packaging or the filecards.

And if we don't think realistically on these things, we end up with neon and space aliens and bizarre things like that.

They were called artic by Hasbro employes that work with Joes.

Draven #US1#

Draven  #US1#

Draven #US1#

Ah, I did not know that.

Are these the same guys that said we wouldn't be seeing T-crotches and such again? @smilepunch@

Draven  #US1#

Draven #US1#

Ah, I did not know that.

Are these the same guys that said we wouldn't be seeing T-crotches and such again? @smilepunch@

Probably but I still stand by the arctic theme.

Draven #US1#