Cobra Infantry Packs

T.A.P.

Has anyone else had very much trouble finding Cobra Infantry packs that don't have very noticable paint and/or molding problems? Most of the packs I have found have had problems (I usually can't see them until after I buy them.)

In fact, I have ended up returning alot of the ones I have purchased.

The major problems I have had have been:

1. Cracked Helmets (A real big problem I have come across, I've ended up just settling on ones that aren't too bad.)

2. Mismolded legs/arms/chests, or parts that do not fit togethor correctly

3. Poorly applied paint (not the normal sloppy paint jobs, but having half of the facemask not painted, or the eye area being painted blue. I've even come across a figure that didn't even have a cobra chest emblem.)

4. I've also seen a decent amount of figures with brown stains on them.

Has this been the case with anyone else?

Mine were all fine until the other day when I woke up and noticed that on my display shelf one of the figures was in TWO pieces. The o-ring had broke and I had to pry it open, nearly breaking the torso, due to the ingenious addition of glue to the figures. I sacrficed another figure for the o-ring to fix this one...but feel it is completely ridiculous since I have touched the figure like ONCE since I've owned it, just to put it on the shelf. Otherwise, although none of the arms/elbows have broken...they are way too tight for my liking, and seem like they are right about to snap off...almost as bad as a Funskool figure. I actually emailed Hasbro yesterday to know what happened. I am already anticipating being told to take it to Toys R Us because it is an exclusive, but that is not going to help much since in the last two months between ten Toys R Us stores and checking each week, I have only found ONE Infantry pack...

Sometimes complaining to Hasbro gets results. I sent them an e-mail complaining about the poor quality of the stuff I have found, and they sent me a coupon. Sure it was only $3 off, but at least they sent it. For all of you guys that can't seem to find anything, you might try e-mailing Hasbro, its a longshot, but they might eventually get the hint that they need to make more of these.

The only real problem I have had was just a paint app problem, a little blue in the eye, but that guy I use for battle damage. Everything else is fine.

I went through 3 cases to find 3 acceptable Cobra Infantry packs. The problems I found that was most common was the paint apps. Some were just plain sloppy. But I'm sure if anyone had 3-4 cases to go over, they'd find as many acceptables ones as I did (though, I'm pretty anal about it).

It's a problem that's plagued RAH (and JvC) since this whole Joe line got started again, so the only thing I can suggest is to roll with it and find the best one that fits at least you minimum tolerance levels.

Unfortunately, it must be done if you expect to walk home with any Joe product at all.

I've passed many packs up due to noticable paint problems. I've even seen chipped plastic on some of them. The elbows due crack. What the heck is wrong with making a quality product now a days?

Wow, I figured I had just found a Friday afternoon rush bunch, but lots of people seem to having trouble. If you have had serious problems with quality, e-mail Hasbro. If enough people complain in a sensible manner, than they'll change it. If not, you might get a coupon!:D I did anyway.

I've even seen chipped plastic on some of them.

Yes, that was another problem I came across. One figure had a big, very noticable chip in his chest, and they tried to cover it up with blue paint, but it wasn't even the same shade!

3. I've even come across a figure that didn't even have a cobra chest emblem.)

i got one like this too!

1. Cracked Helmets (A real big problem I have come across, I've ended up just settling on ones that aren't too bad.)

if you could can you explain this one? how are they cracked? i have not seen this problem yet!

TM

if you could can you explain this one? how are they cracked? i have not seen this problem yet!

TM

It's hard to explain. It's like they put too much blue paint onto the helmet, and when it dries, there is a thin indentation, or crack in the paint, it seems to happen near the front on the right side (your right when it is facing you.) It's usually not too bad, but it is annoying.

If someone knows what I mean, could they please post a picture.

I have opened 7 packs and havent noticed a problem yet. I set them out in formation a few days ago, and hopefully they will stay that way.

I wonder if maybe you got a bad production run of these, like maybe an earlier lot or something?

I have opened 7 packs and havent noticed a problem yet. I set them out in formation a few days ago, and hopefully they will stay that way.

I wonder if maybe you got a bad production run of these, like maybe an earlier lot or something?

Yes, I think it may have just been a Friday afternoon rush batch, but it seems like lots of people are having trouble.

• 2 weeks later...