Sgt Slaughter: Blessing Or Curse To Gijoe?

mynameisash

I just saw where a new Sgt Slaughter figure was being release for Wrestling classics. I remember when he was a huge hit with GI joe. He wnt on to be their Sarge for several seasons and still...was it really that bad? I think that he klinda stole the spotlight in the cartoon once the sepentor season entered. he was also a leading man in the movie. hmmmmm......what do you guys think? Should they reissue any of his figures? or make new ones? or burn them in syndicated TV catoon hell?

Bah, I hated Slaughter back in 87 and hate him even more today. He was a waste of plastic and movie animation. All these people hate Cobra La because of the movie, but dang Slaughter bothered me even more! So I think you can see where i'm going with this, hell no on any more Slaughters. I burn him up nice and good like aa Duke and Kamakura if I had to.

Draven #US1#

I just saw where a new Sgt Slaughter figure was being release for Wrestling classics. I remember when he was a huge hit with GI joe. He wnt on to be their Sarge for several seasons and still...was it really that bad? I think that he klinda stole the spotlight in the cartoon once the sepentor season entered. he was also a leading man in the movie. hmmmmm......what do you guys think? Should they reissue any of his figures? or make new ones? or burn them in syndicated TV catoon hell?

big curse, he and all figs about him should burn in hell.

Slaughter was awesome as a G.I.JOE! I never followed the wrestling world, so I have NOTHING to taint the image of him as just a coolass Joe figure. :)

He was the epitome of the rough and tough and gravely voiced military Sargent, and I miss his presence in the line.

The Joe characters of today, are becoming pretty gay in comparison. They seem like reluctant contributors to the cause, and VERY unAmerican-like.

I like my soldiers to be modeled after the likes of a Sgt. Rock or Slaughter, or even a Sgt. Savage. Give me some John Wayne acting heros of the WWII era, and I'm happy as can be.

These hi-tech fruity freaks are for the BIRDS! Give us some G.I.MEN already! @smilepunch@

Slaughter was awesome as a G.I.JOE! I never followed the wrestling world, so I have NOTHING to taint the image of him as just a coolass Joe figure. :)

He was the epitome of the rough and tough and gravely voiced military Sargent, and I miss his presence in the line.

The Joe characters of today, are becoming pretty gay in comparison. They seem like reluctant contributors to the cause, and VERY unAmerican-like.

I like my soldiers to be modeled after the likes of a Sgt. Rock or Slaughter, or even a Sgt. Savage. Give me some John Wayne acting heros of the WWII era, and I'm happy as can be.

These hi-tech fruity freaks are for the BIRDS! Give us some G.I.MEN already! @smilepunch@

Sorry but they tried to make sgt slaughter unstoppable, and that was stupid and gay my friend. He was a tool to get more kids interested as WWF gave another outlet to throw out some GI JOES. However now he isnt needed or wanted, now if they brought out a KURT ANGLE figure @smilepunch@

Sorry but they tried to make sgt slaughter unstoppable, and that was stupid and gay my friend.

He got his butt whipped, intially, by Nemesis Enforcer didn't he? ^_^

He was TOUGH...that was what he was supposed to be, so it worked!

He was a tool to get more kids interested as WWF gave another outlet to throw out some GI JOES.  However now he isnt needed or wanted, now if they brought out a KURT ANGLE figure  @smilepunch@

That would make HIM the new "tool"...right? @haha@

They'd make Angle "unstoppable" as well, so the character only gets an updated version, with the same attributes.

Well, I don't follow G.I. Joe, but from a wrestling fan's perspective, Sgt. Slaughter defintely gives a little interest from another side of the fence. A Slaughter reissue would be great for marketing to another audience in my view.

Well, I don't follow G.I. Joe, but from a wrestling fan's perspective, Sgt. Slaughter defintely gives a little interest from another side of the fence. A Slaughter reissue would be great for marketing to another audience in my view.

Especially since wrestling (and wrestling toys) seem to be so popular again (or still?).

Sgt Slaughter.....was terrible....is terrible and they need to keep him where he belongs....

.in the clerance junk rack ...

.maybe theonly reason id like to see a re issue ...........to launch him on a bottle rocket to hell

Lets keep the toy lines seperate............theres enough ideas out there that you NEVER have bring another WRESTLER*cough*sissyboy to the GI JOE line

Sorry  but they tried to make sgt slaughter unstoppable, and that was stupid and gay my friend.

He got his butt whipped, intially, by Nemesis Enforcer didn't he? ^_^

He was TOUGH...that was what he was supposed to be, so it worked!

He was a tool to get more kids interested as WWF gave another outlet to throw out some GI JOES.  However now he isnt needed or wanted, now if they brought out a KURT ANGLE figure  @smilepunch@

That would make HIM the new "tool"...right? @haha@

They'd make Angle "unstoppable" as well, so the character only gets an updated version, with the same attributes.

i can just see it now. COBRA COMMANDER TAPS OUT!! TO THE ANKLE LOCK!!!! @smilepunch@

Sgt Slaughter.....was terrible....is terrible and they need to keep him where he belongs....

.in the clerance junk rack ...

.maybe theonly reason id like to see a re issue ...........to launch him on a bottle rocket to hell

Lets keep the toy lines seperate............theres enough ideas out there that you NEVER have bring another WRESTLER*cough*sissyboy to the GI JOE line

Besides, isn't Sgt. Slaughter like 80 now? You know they would use somebody like the Rock instead.

I kinda liked the mold they used with the Warthog, but his head was HUGE! If they made him in JvC style, would his head be normal sized?

Sgt. Slaughter was.........undoubtedly a blessing for GIJOE.

A larger-than-life, REAL-LIFE personality--he became something and someone kids could actually relate too.

His figures have been fun because of the loose wrestling tie-in, and have all looked okay.

Count me as a fan.

--Ken

I’m a fan of the Sarge!

I loved him in the cartoons, and he was a great way to bring wrestling fans into the Joe fold. I'd say he was a blessing.

I might even buy a new sculpt of him (I usually avoid new sculpts like the plague) if they ever made one

Hated the sarge, although I have to agree with Viper Hunterr that his personality type fit in well. However, we was way too powerful of a character, to the point where he was like a super-hero compared to the rest of the Joes - something I don't dig.

Keep Joe manly, and keep the Sarge out.

Hated the sarge, although I have to agree with Viper Hunterr that his personality type fit in well. However, we was way too powerful of a character, to the point where he was like a super-hero compared to the rest of the Joes - something I don't dig.

Keep Joe manly, and keep the Sarge out.

I couldn't have said it better. His personality was fine just not the execution and the fact the figure was pased of a fat piece of crap in real life just nailed it shut for me. And the funny thing is, all my friends that loved Joe as kids hated him too. We never played with him at all. His vehicles were pretty cool though.

And VH i'd love to see a Sgt Rock or Savage character brought back in to current Joe land as love both characters too.

Draven #US1#