Deleted Scenes From The Batman Movies?

MEGATRON291

I have been reading up on them because I know their had to be some. Found out a bunch of facts but my question now is where are they?

I bought all the Batman flicks on DVD (except batman and robin... only if someone gives it to me for free.) and they have zero extra features. I'm kind of upset really, I might as well of kept them on VHS. However, they only cost me 7 bucks a piece so its not like they broke the bank. @smilepunch@

I asked a question about Special Editions of the Batman movies (for at least the Tim Burton ones) in the DVD Mailbag column at ign.com and I got the reply that Warner Bros. might be planning Special Editions when the new Bat-movie comes out.

Obviously it's too early to tell, but maybe the DVDs will include deleted/extended scenes.

I know there was a scene cut from the first Keaton Batman movie (during the alley chase when Batman/Vicki Vale are being chased by the Joker's goons) where Batman runs into an African American kid with an "R" on his jacket (i.e. "Robin").

I've never seen it, but I remember reading about it way back in 1989 in Cinescape magazine or something like that.

What others are there that you have heard of, Megatron21?

I know there was a scene cut from the first Keaton Batman movie (during the alley chase when Batman/Vicki Vale are being chased by the Joker's goons) where Batman runs into an African American kid with an "R" on his jacket (i.e. "Robin").

I remember a rumor about Marlon Wayans(?) possibly playing Robin at one point; it that connected?

I've never seen it, but I remember reading about it way back in 1989 in Cinescape magazine or something like that.

What others are there that you have heard of, Megatron21?

The kid was just a homeless kid. Coundn't tell you if she had an R on her chest, since she was wearing a coat, and was only seen from the side. I went and saw the first Batman movie on opening day, and I do remember seeing that seen, and never saw it again on any home video release. Another thing that has always bothered me is that both the VHS and DVD versions of this movie cut Joker's line "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" to where you only hear "...Those wonderful toys"

Also, the VHS version actually had a couple of things that are not on the DVD. There is a Diet Coke commercial, with ALfred calling to "Gotham Store" to let them kow that a "Gentleman in a black car" was on his way to pick some up.

It also had the Warner Brothers cartoon/Ad with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck talking about the WB cataloge.

I remember a rumor about Marlon Wayans(?) possibly playing Robin at one point; it that connected?

Marlon Waynes auditioned for the role of Robin in Batman 3, as well as Leo DiCrapio, Will Smith, and even my cousin and myself (I didn't meet them, but heard they had auditioned at another location). The audition flyer stated that anyone, no matter what ethnicity, could audition. The only exception was you had to be shorter than Micheal Keaton. Which is why Marlon Waynes, Will Smith, along with me were not chosen. Leo was still fairly unknown at the time.

Right idea, wrong movie. Robin was originally in Batman Returns, but was cut from the movie at the last second. Robin was going to be a young black boy who was a wiz at repairing electronics. After the Penguin messes up the Batmobile, Robin fixes it. Robin does not appear in costume at all, and this was his only involvement in the film. And the kid's name is "Robin," it's not his secret identity.

Right before the movie was released, they decided to remove Robin from the movie because it was not going over well in test audiences. So, they just cut him out and reshot the scene where Batman is attempting to fix the Batmobile himself. Of course, the secene they replaced it with doesn't make much sense as they make it seem like neither Bruce nor Alfred can actually fix the car. Yet the car is somehow fixed a few scenes later. Robin was supposed to fix it.

They even had a picture in one of the mags back then of Robin with Batman fixing the Batmobile, explaining why it was removed from the film.

Louis

I believe that there was a scene cut from the beginning of "Batman Forever" that took place in Arkham Asylum. They were in Two-Face's cell after he had escaped. I remember that something was scrawlid, in red, on the wall. I don't remember what it said, but I do remember seeing stills of the scene. There was also a "dream sequence" that had Bruce ambracing the giant bat that flew at him in his dream, I saw a still of that scene as well.

I believe that there was a scene cut from the beginning of "Batman Forever" that took place in Arkham Asylum. They were in Two-Face's cell after he had escaped. I remember that something was scrawlid, in red, on the wall. I don't remember what it said, but I do remember seeing stills of the scene. There was also a "dream sequence" that had Bruce ambracing the giant bat that flew at him in his dream, I saw a still of that scene as well.

Yeah

Actually,this scence was kept in the Batman FOrever comic

It sawy"The bat must die" or something.

In Batman Forever, at the end, I remember reading somewhere that the Riddler was suppose to appear as a huge hulking figure after he absorbed all the brain waves. Then as Batman would get closer, he would split appart revealing that he was just wearing a huge robotic like suit. From the way I remember it, his head was suppose to have chanegd shape, looking more like the LEader form the Hulk comics. I know I read something like this before the movie came out, and I was verry dissapointed when I did not see this. I dont know if it was even actually filmed. Does anyone?

I rememebr reading in Maxim or Stuff that there was a scene in the early draft of the 3rd batman movie where batman was making love to a woman with his cowl on.

WHAT????? @loll@ @loll@

I've never heard of that one. However, in batman and Robin Batmans girlfriend was stabbed to death by Poison Ivy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118688/trivia

There was a knife-fight scene to take place between Julie Madison and Poison Ivy. Poison Ivy was supposed to kill Julie in the knife fight; it was to be a plot twist for Bruce to seek revenge. The scene was shot but cut from the final draft of the film. This is why Julie is not seen after the party and why Batgirl pauses when she sees Poison Ivy pull out the knife. #US1#

I rememebr reading in Maxim or Stuff that there was a scene in the early draft of the 3rd batman movie where batman was making love to a woman with his cowl on.

WHAT????? @loll@ @loll@

I've never heard of that one. However, in batman and Robin Batmans girlfriend was stabbed to death by Poison Ivy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118688/trivia

There was a knife-fight scene to take place between Julie Madison and Poison Ivy. Poison Ivy was supposed to kill Julie in the knife fight; it was to be a plot twist for Bruce to seek revenge. The scene was shot but cut from the final draft of the film. This is why Julie is not seen after the party and why Batgirl pauses when she sees Poison Ivy pull out the knife. #US1#

It says it somewhere in the mag in a little box. Not sure if the scene was shot or just written. I will find the mag later if you want.

" Rallying behind him, the MARCHERS and HOMELESS PEOPLE snatch

bats and tire irons from the fallen HARDHATS -- and the tide

turns. The invasion is being repelled. Faced with renewed

resistance, the few HARDHATS still left standing TURN TAIL and

race off to their VAN.

Triumph in shantytown. The MARCHERS and HOMELESS cluster

together to lick their wounds -- and the KID, satisfied that

everything is under control, turns and sprints off toward the

trees.

But one prostrate HARDHAT is only playing dead. As the KID

runs past, the HARDHAT extends a TIRE IRON into his path --

TRIPPING HIM, sending him sprawling in the snow. The KID

throws up his hands as the HARDHAT prepares to smash down at

him...

CLANG. The HARDHAT drops his tire iron and topples over,

BOARDLIKE. The KID looks up and sees VICKI standing there

with a baseball bat.

He gives her a quick nod of acknowledgement as he gets to his

feet -- thanks for returning the favor. He's about to light

out again when --

VICKI

WAIT! Don't be afraid. I wanted to thank

you. I --

KID

(cautiously)

Twenty.

VICKI

What?

KID

Twenty bucks.

VICKI's mildly taken aback, but she reaches for her purse just

the same. She's barely gotten her wallet open when the KID

snatches the bill out of her hands. They stare at each other

for a long moment --

VICKI

...Who are you?

KID

Dick.

"

Hmm. That's odd. I thought the kid's name was Robin as mention earilar. I guess Robin=identity. However, this is an early draft.

Some of the scenes of Two-Face's cell at Arkham, witht he grafitti on the wall were shown in the video for 'Kissed by a Rose' by Seal

Also, there was a scene that resolved Bruce's guilt over his parents' deaths, where the reason he had felt so guilty was because in his father's diary, there was an entry saying that Bruce insists they go see a movie tonight. Since his parents were killed as they were leaving the theater, he felt that it was his fault they were there, but he later reads on another page that his parents wanted to see a different movie, so Bruce's movie would have to wait until next weekend. That let him know that it was not his fault. That would have helped explain what he said to Riddler at the end, when he told him that he was no longer Batman because he HAD to be, but now he CHOSE to be.

Warner Bros. did recently reveal that a Special Edition of the first Batman movie is planned for 2005, coinciding with the release of Batman Begins.

The Robin figure from the Batman Returns line is based off the idea that Robin would be black. That's why he's kinda got the fro going on. I forget wear I rea that now though, but I think it was on a Super Powers website.

I also remember hearing about a scene in the first batman movie. during the party at bruce wayne's house,after he introduces himself to vicki vale and that reporter Knoks, they all talk to Harvey Dent for about four minutes. then both Knoks, and harvey leave and finish their discussion somewhere else, leaving Vicki to ask Bruce out on the date that they go on the next day. Withinin the last few weeks of the making of the film, the scene was scrapped and reshot taking away the four minute conversation as well as Vicki asking bruce out. later, the antiquities room scene was added.

Another interesting note regarding the first movie. If you read the book to it there is a whole part that's not in the movie. After Joker shoots Bruce in Vikki's appartment he kidnaps her. Then Bruce gets up and channges ionto the Bat-costume (that he brought to show to Vikki) and goes after them. There's this whole car chase and roipe swinging thing that eventually leads to Gotham plaza wear Joker and Batman have another encounter (in broad daylight no less). It's pretty interesting, the book also has the whole Horseback riding part in it, that was later scrapped after the original cast to play Vikki broke or twisted her ankle. Forgot who that was though.