You Down With Otfcc?

ScottieEvil

i honestly think this is being blown way out of proportion! i mean from my understanding the hotel was talking about raising room rates for the "official" room and he didnt want it raised! then they wanted more$$ for the convention hall and he simply just dosent have it because pre reg is down from what he expected it would be! and like he said, nothing has changed! the con is still on, the club mag ships april 3rd, and were still getting an exclusive (hes just unsure what it will be). personally i joined for the magazine! it will be nice getting the mag for the interviews and the "insider info". we may get Orsons World back in it from what im hearing! and the fact he wanted to include stoyies from the universe world that involve the exclusives so they get explained, thats awsome! i guess im the only one that 100% excited about this and not worried, but he is basically doing this with a small work force! i feel for the guy when people start getting on him for things he cant control! its not his fault the hotel/con want to charge more! and as for the skywarp, thats on hasbro, they are dicking around on the package design! he cant control that! hell, hes workin his arse off to get the new place set in the shortest amount of time! ya know, i always see "glen bashing", all i say is walk a mile in his shoes! you think you can do the con better, go for it! im sure, EVERY con has its snafus, he just informs us so we dont worry! and as for there store, YES it could be run better, but he cant aford all the employees! im willing to bet he is paying for a chunk of the club/con/store out of his own pocket! he gets NO revanue from HASBRO! now maybe if they invested in it things would be better! im not worried! im just glad we finally have an official club!

sorry if i offend anyone or piss anyone of! this post wasnt meant to do that!

Its not like this guy does all these things for free... HE IS A BUSINESS MAN~!! HE IS OUT FOR PROFIT~!!! You mention how he isn't making money, blah blah blah, but that is totally UNTRUE. If he wasn't getting money how would he Survive? And as a BUSINESS, he should run it properly.

I understand that its nice to have an Official Club, but it should be run correclty and not lead fans in the wrong direction (IE make reservations at the wrong hotel) The prices of the rooms and convention center SHOULD have been worked out before he even planned the convention there. MAKE NO EXCUSES...if he had signed a contract, then this hotel/convention center problem would not exsist. POOR MANAGEMENT IS AT FAULT.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, did I pick the wrong thread to read! Okay, let's look at the facts:

Skywarp release: unknown

Skywarp release promised: yes

Skywarp release date: unknown

Skywarp release date promised: April 2004

Convention location: unknown

Convention location promised: Hyatt Regency O'Hare

So basically, the 2 main points of why people have been sending money to OTFCC, the Skywarp SCF and OTFCC pre-reg, are totally up in the air. As such, people like Scottie are understandably pissed off because they have no idea what's being done with their money, and received no clarification from 3H.

Now, that being said, flooding them with emails and taking up their time by demanding responses will only delay the answers you seek. You've been told there's no information to be had right now, and sending 13 more emails asking the same questions over and over again won't change the answer. The most concrete information available right now "officially" states that a lot of this stuff should be resolved in April. So, I suggest waiting until the end of April and then writing them back if need be. (In fact, given the obvious troubles they're having in getting all this together anyway, it would probably be a welcome gesture to thank them if everything does sort itself out next month as promised.)

The party to all of this that really should step in and sort it out is Hasbro. Whatever difficulties are being had w/ the Hyatt would most likely not happen if they were dealing w/ Hasbro instead of Glen/3H. And if the delays on Skywarp are really due to packaging concerns, that is definitely Hasbro's responsibility since I'm sure they're not allowing Skywarp to be released w/o their approval.

It looks like all information possible from Glen/3H has been said - the next step I would suggest is to write to Hasbro directly and ask them what's up. At the very least, it will yield some concrete info on the Skywarp figure.

Its not like this guy does all these things for free... HE IS A BUSINESS MAN~!! HE IS OUT FOR PROFIT~!!! You mention how he isn't making money, blah blah blah, but that is totally UNTRUE. If he wasn't getting money how would he Survive? And as a BUSINESS, he should run it properly.

I understand that its nice to have an Official Club, but it should be run correclty and not lead fans in the wrong direction (IE make reservations at the wrong hotel) The prices of the rooms and convention center SHOULD have been worked out before he even planned the convention there. MAKE NO EXCUSES...if he had signed a contract, then this hotel/convention center problem would not exsist. POOR MANAGEMENT IS AT FAULT.

how can he run it properly when HASBRO and TAKARA change the quantities and such required to be ordered! when he originally offered the skywarp figure as a freebie to club members who PAID FOR THE CLUB not the freebie, there was an agreement with TAKARA for a set amout of the figure to be ordered! then TAKARA changed the quantity! and then HASBRO startes haveing problems with package desigh! and as for the convention, its not been cancelled! just the location has changed! HYATT upped the price for the rooms AND the hall! and he has been losing money! just go to his boards and read his replies! and things happen in businesses that cause problems! i honestly think it would be better if he never updated us except with final additions to the con and club! and there not his excuses! there part of the process! things happen! people just need to chill and be patient!

I'm just hoping I get my monneys worth @loll@ So when some people signed up there was no skywarp offer out? Thats interesting...

Hmm I guess we will just have to wait & see... What are the responses back for those of you who have asked for you're cash back?

One thing I don't understand though is why the hottel is trying to change there prices on the rooms and such... Did they lower there prices from what they normaly are for the collection to start with? Or are they just trying to make more $ out of the collection...

& if people have allready reserved rooms at that price point how can they change them... I mean to me thats like going into a store & geting a thing of milk for a few bucks going up to the till to pay & then suddenly have the checker ask you for an extra $5 because they decided to change the price...

how can he run it properly when HASBRO and TAKARA change the quantities and such required to be ordered! when he originally offered the skywarp figure as a freebie to club members who PAID FOR THE CLUB not the freebie, there was an agreement with TAKARA for a set amout of the figure to be ordered! then TAKARA changed the quantity! and then HASBRO startes haveing problems with package desigh! and as for the convention, its not been cancelled! just the location has changed! HYATT upped the price for the rooms AND the hall! and he has been losing money! just go to his boards and read his replies! and things happen in businesses that cause problems! i honestly think it would be better if he never updated us except with final additions to the con and club! and there not his excuses! there part of the process! things happen! people just need to chill and be patient!

Actually, with the convention, Glen didn't cancel it because he was losing money on the hall price. I'm not saying that the hotel room didn't raise their rates, but that wasn't the reason for the cancellation. The HYATT was the one who cancelled his room booking. Which one can conclude that they would only do something like this if they were not paid yet for the room.

If you read his replies, he's putting a spin on it. But the fact is, the Hyatt was the one who cancelled his room booking and not Glen. Prior to Glen's announcement, people tried calling the Hyatt to book their hotel rooms for the event, but were told that it was released. Which means that anyone can book the hall rooms that were supposed to be have been reserved for OTFCC. When this information leaked onto messages boards, that prompted a reply from Glen on his board.

Being in business, I understand that it's hard to organize something of this magnitude. However the point is he has to stay on the ball, despite problems that arise from Hasbro, Takara, hotels etc etc. It's his responsibility to provide the products and run the business well. Set backs come, but it's his responsibility to take care of them and please his customers. We aren't fans, we are customers as this is a businesses. When he doesn't meet the expectations of customers, people get angry and understandably so.

The one thing that I can't stand about his responses on his message board is that he often lets his personal feelings poke through and add a personal insult to someone or group within his post. Acts like that are very unprofessional and should not be done.

So has anyone heard anything about a refund? I have had it with them too. The only time I get a response from an email is when I complain here and on their forums (spies: definately).

In 1997, I personally lost over $120,000 running BotCon 1997

In 1998, I lost near $40,000. In 2003 (last year), I lost near $75,000 due to, among other things, PVC 6-packs that didn't sell and unexpected Hyatt A-V costs ($20,000) and lunches that cost way too much (the pass luncheon). Unfortunately, I don't have my inheritance to bail me out this time, so I need to be SMART, CAUTIOUS and SAFE with business expenditures and advertisements (versus what I was announcing back when these problems weren't foreseen).

I just read this from their forums here:

OTFCC defunct

How did a guy like this get the exclusive to host this thing? He's admitted to losing over a quarter mill (how much has he lost and not owned up to?).

They are so gutless over there.

By contrast, flaming and cursing them behind their backs on a different board is the height of courage. Uh huh.

Glen's gone into hiding

WhatEVER. He's been more talkative than usual recently and just a few days ago *strongly* opened up, giving us the detailed reasons for the problems with Skywarp and the last 2 years in general. Then he said that he needs a break from all the negativity and frustration and will return to active posting in a week.

and the mods have been deleting my posts instead of answering me

Oh, gee, your 89th post where you call Glen an incompetent liar got deleted? That's so sad. I guess people will have to rely on only your other 88 posts where you call him an incompetent liar. Believe me, your "message," such as it is, is well on view publicly.

And you HAVE been answered. By several people. And you have been presented with any number of situations in which what happened to you within those 40 hours wasn't a lie but, rather, an unforeseen change in plans or a clerical error. If you were really interested in discussing this issue, you would have noticed that by now and responded to such things fairly. Instead, you began with combative snarling and stayed there, and seem to like being there despite the fact that you don't have to be.

The mods were selectively deleting my posts, and then they sent me a PM telling me anymore of my post would be deleted. I posted the PM and a response. They left the PM and deleted my response, what a bunch of gutless prigs

Tey're all a bunch of savages. Eager to take $$$$, but short on the specs. I only signed up for the danged club cause I wanted to buy some stuff from the store.

I signed up so long ago (before Thanksgiving) that I can no longer cancel the charges.

Wish I was a member of the Illinois bar, I'd serve 3H a couple of notices.

They are so gutless over there.

By contrast, flaming and cursing them behind their backs on a different board is the height of courage. Uh huh.

Glen's gone into hiding

WhatEVER. He's been more talkative than usual recently and just a few days ago *strongly* opened up, giving us the detailed reasons for the problems with Skywarp and the last 2 years in general. Then he said that he needs a break from all the negativity and frustration and will return to active posting in a week.

and the mods have been deleting my posts instead of answering me

Oh, gee, your 89th post where you call Glen an incompetent liar got deleted? That's so sad. I guess people will have to rely on only your other 88 posts where you call him an incompetent liar. Believe me, your "message," such as it is, is well on view publicly.

And you HAVE been answered. By several people. And you have been presented with any number of situations in which what happened to you within those 40 hours wasn't a lie but, rather, an unforeseen change in plans or a clerical error. If you were really interested in discussing this issue, you would have noticed that by now and responded to such things fairly. Instead, you began with combative snarling and stayed there, and seem to like being there despite the fact that you don't have to be.

I see, you're trying to get this thread locked by flaming me. Sorry. Not gonna bite.

I have exactly 16 posts over there including the 3 deleted.

The mods are deleting what I say because it reflects badly on them, so what choice do I have but to post elsewhere

Actually, with the convention, Glen didn't cancel it because he was losing money on the hall price. I'm not saying that the hotel room didn't raise their rates, but that wasn't the reason for the cancellation. The HYATT was the one who cancelled his room booking. Which one can conclude that they would only do something like this if they were not paid yet for the room.

If you read his replies, he's putting a spin on it. But the fact is, the Hyatt was the one who cancelled his room booking and not Glen. Prior to Glen's announcement, people tried calling the Hyatt to book their hotel rooms for the event, but were told that it was released. Which means that anyone can book the hall rooms that were supposed to be have been reserved for OTFCC. When this information leaked onto messages boards, that prompted a reply from Glen on his board.

Being in business, I understand that it's hard to organize something of this magnitude. However the point is he has to stay on the ball, despite problems that arise from Hasbro, Takara, hotels etc etc. It's his responsibility to provide the products and run the business well. Set backs come, but it's his responsibility to take care of them and please his customers. We aren't fans, we are customers as this is a businesses. When he doesn't meet the expectations of customers, people get angry and understandably so.

The one thing that I can't stand about his responses on his message board is that he often lets his personal feelings poke through and add a personal insult to someone or group within his post. Acts like that are very unprofessional and should not be done.

I totally agree with you~!

The mods are deleting what I say because it reflects badly on them

The mods are deleting what you say because you've said it before, in multiple threads where the originals are all still up. They asked you to stop repeating yourself, and when you didn't stop, they stopped you.

The shortcomings and delays of OTFCC are very openly discussed on that board. They are not shy. Every controversy, every change, every un-filled order, is plain right up for all the world to see. If they were on a mission to purify the board of everything that touched on OTFCC's shortcomings, the place would be unrecognizably different than it is now. I have never seen any moderated forum that was *MORE* patient and indulgent towards the people who came there for the purpose of criticizing the admins.

Reasons like this are why I'm mad

Dark_Lord_Prime Posted: Mar 24 2004, 12:55 AM

From the shadows...

Group: Members

Member No.: 4112

Anybody have a copy of the Botcon comic "The Wreckers" they'd be willing to sell/trade me?

And for those interested in the Botcon comic, "Universe #1":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...2&category=4696

Buy-it-now, $8.99 + $5.00 s/h

I got a copy last week, and I think it's pretty good.

From the haul thread...

People on ebay have been selling it for quite a wihle now... I've yet to get mine! :|

Alright Thylacine2000 & Backlash, I'll tell you what. Glen has promised everyone answers by March 29th right?

I will not post over there until then. I will not stoke the fires over here either (but I will respond to posts here)

If he does in fact announce the new hotel and make a definite answer on the Skywarp issue I will post the following in both locations

"I was wrong in my assumptions about 3H in general and my accusations regarding Glen in particular. I wish to apologize to both."

However. If everything is still up in the air, then I expect you both to post here and there a paraphrase of the following:

It appears that scottieevil is correct in stating that there is something seriously wrong with this organization. We deserve to have direct answers to our questions.

If you're so sure about them, I can't imagine you rejecting this.

If you do reject it, you're tacitly admitting that there is something rotten at the OTFCC

I await your response

Sigh.

This is completely not the point. At all. I'll try one more time.

You aren't being asked to stay off the OTFCC boards. There is no need for any dramatic ultimatum. Even the moderators haven't asked that of you. They asked that you stop posting stuff that was personally insulting and baiting towards Glen by calling him a liar. Is that such a chore?

This is not a contest. You asked where the OTFCC mods got off acting the way they did towards you, and I explained it. What I personally believe about Glen or OTFCC isn't the issue at all. And what does or doesn't happen on March 29th is likewise meaningless. It is a matter of public record that Glen has repeatedly missed other similar self-imposed update deadlines before. He may well miss this one. Some people would find that incredibly, devastatingly important. Others, like me, would see it as the nugget of clerical trivia that it really is.

Take that however you wish.

Sigh.

You aren't being asked to stay off the OTFCC boards. There is no need for any dramatic ultimatum. Even the moderators haven't asked that of you. They asked that you stop posting stuff that was personally insulting and baiting towards Glen by calling him a liar. Is that such a chore?

This is not a contest. You asked where the OTFCC mods got off acting the way they did towards you, and I explained it. What I personally believe about Glen or OTFCC isn't the issue at all. And what does or doesn't happen on March 29th is likewise meaningless. It is a matter of public record that Glen has repeatedly missed other similar self-imposed update deadlines before. He may well miss this one. Some people would find that incredibly, devastatingly important. Others, like me, would see it as the nugget of clerical trivia that it really is.

its interesting you have so much to say about this topic yet you hardly ever post on this site......hummmmmm.........

Sigh.

The point of this thread and the ones over there is "what's going on?" and "why are we getting deceitful answers from people who have taken our money?"

The responses I've gotten? It's Takara's fault! Be patient, by March 29th it all be worked out? And my personal favorite (see my signature)

What I personally believe about Glen or OTFCC isn't the issue at all.  And what does or doesn't happen on March 29th is likewise meaningless.  It is a matter of public record that Glen has repeatedly missed other similar self-imposed update deadlines before.  He may well miss this one.  Some people would find that incredibly, devastatingly important.  Others, like me, would see it as the nugget of clerical trivia that it really is. 

Trivia? A pattern of at best gross incompetence, at worst calculated fraud, is trivia?

You've asked I back off. I said I would. (Hardly an ultimatum) I even said I'd apologize personally to Glen. All I asked was that if I was right you acknowledge that here and there.

I can't see how someone with so much confidence in OTFCC would turn that down

Missing a deadline is hardly a trivial matter. A business who fails to meet it's promises, like updating when they say they will is not doing their job as a responsible business. If you say you are going to do something, you do it. If you are unsure if you can fullfil such a promise you don't make it in the first place. That's how a business is run. Promising to update customers on something such as this deals with public relations and that is something which is important for a business to have a good standing with if they want to be taken seriously.