Theme After Venom

Marthor

Zartan,

WOW! I really like that idea.

THEME: Arise Serpentor

Gimmick: Each wave is a geographic quest... (each wave has its own mission for one of the components)

Awesome!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zartan,

WOW! I really like that idea.

THEME: Arise Serpentor

Gimmick: Each wave is a geographic quest... (each wave has its own mission for one of the components)

Awesome!

Hey I helped too! :P

Basically, it would be a toy version of the cartoon mini-series.

Maybe as a combination of the Coil idea. A third group is scowering the globe for the DNA and both Joe and Cobra are trying to stop them (or usurp their findings).

Cause somehow how get the feeling that the Coil storyline will be coming to fruition in either the V3 story or next year.

Fred's "Metrosexual Troops" idea is sounding very chic:

The Zartan family with skin that gets a fake tan in sunlight.

Backpacks full of "product" like "pomade" and "chunking cream", with real hair that you can make deliberately "messy".

And the playsets can be a little H&M and a little Ikea.

Duke: "Let's hit 'em with Metrosexual Attack... and then have a good cry."

I say split the line into TWO different sections:

"Collector's Series" and "Action Series".

The basic idea would be to make the 3 3/4" Joes like the 12" ones in the way there are realistic and authentic figures that are made more for the older collectors than they are for the kids and other 12" Joes that are are designed more for the kids than they are the older collectors. Do the same with "Real American Hero".

The "Collector's Series" figures would be in retro-looking packaging and be based on classic designs from the original line, comic book designs (both Marvel and Devil's Due), the new "Reloaded" series, and the cartoons (I'm mainly thinking Sunbow designs but maybe some DIC). You could even have dead characters in this line. The figures themselves would be fully articulated and have a high attention to detail. All of this of course to please the collectors.

The "Action Series" (it would not have to be called this) would be the line to reintroduce new characters and designs and whatever Hasbro feels they need to do to get kids buying 3 3/4" figures (basically like it is today). I picture both series of figures as being seperate but equal. Different packaging, different sub-name of the lines, but they can be used together, no problem.

For example:

In the Collector's Series I would release a Renegade 3-pack. It would be Mercer, Taurus, and Red Dog looking much like they did in 1987, only better. Tauru's shirt would be more of a tan than a yellow, and his beard would be more bownish than red. They would come with kick-ass accesories and be highly detailed. I see these figures being sold at places like Suncoast.

Over in the Action Series, all 3 of these Renegades would eventually pop-up as well, and with the SAME head sculpt to boot (I don't like how character's faces change from figure to figure) but the rest of their bodies would be totally new designs. In other words you wouldn't have them wearing the same old 1987-looking clothes in the Action Series would they would be the SAME characters and the figures could be used together. It would be like this with most of the figures (save for those who are dead).

Some of the things I'd like to introduce is the Renegades as a full-blown faction. I like to think of them as a good version of the Dreadnoks. It wouldn't be just 3 guys, but many guys. The new Renegade characters would be part of the Action Series of course.

I'd also want to bring in the COIL as another faction. I figure it would be cool to make it so that the COBRA vehicles DON'T have their decals on them and YOU get to choose if you want to put COBRA stickers, COIL stickers, or even Dreadnok stickers on your vehicles. The Joe vehicles could come with both Joe and Renegade stickers to choose from.

The same concept could work with the figures as well:

Imagine a brand new Neo-Viper figure for the Action Series that has removable armor and helmets. The figure could also come with a second set of armor/helmets that have the COIL isignia on them instead of the COBRA isignia. That way you could decide which faction you want your Neo-Viper to be fighting for.

Another thing I would like to see in the Action Series would be each wave having a sort of theme to it. Like one wave could be nothing but arctic guys and vehicles (would want to release this during the winter), another with a navel theme, desert theme, jungle theme, whatever.

There shoul also be a return of assesories and playsets. The playsets don't have to be huge. Think of all the stuff that came out from 1982-86. Alot of the non-figure stuff could not be classified as a vehicle. Now-a-days I think there has been only ONE thing that was not a vehicle. That needs to make a return.

i think the next gimmick should be the rise of the B.A.T.S.......i read this idea either here or in another forum but it sounded good. You could have individual B.A.T.S characters along with specialized troops......and of course their leader overkill.............i also like the whole Coil idea aswell.

Theme #1: Star Brigade Part Deux.

Gimmick #1: Figures would not be in two packs. Instead, each character would be packaged with removeable armor, like Spy Troops but more extensive (like the S.N.A.K.E. armor). Maybe the Armor could just be a hollow space suit for the figure to rest in and the arms could be articulated (again, like the S.N.A.K.E.).

Theme #2: Return of Serpentor

Gimmick #2: Each Joe is packaged with either an ancient warrior, like a Trojan or Samurai from the eras of Serpentor's DNA. Or the Joes and Cobras would have removeable armor (from past eras). Maybe there could be a time travel/rift type of story where Serpentor brings warriors from the past to aid him in his world conquest. Cobra forces could even team up with the Joes to stop Serpentor. I know this is even more outlandish than Star Brigade, but maybe it would be a way of incorporating some world history into the line. Plus, we could get some cool Joe-poseable Spartans and Samurai figures. Maybe some chariots, catapults, castles and such. No matter what you think, this would a completely new realm for GI Joe.

BTW, I generally prefer more realistically (aka military) looking Joe stuff, but we know that's not gonna happen. I'm thinking about the kids.

Theme- GI Joe Anti-Crime

Gimmick- ?

The Dreadnoks, backed by Cobra, are recruting street gangs to join in the fight againts GI Joe. I cant think of a good gimmick. except a comic about how gangs and street volicence is bad and how to be aware of the problem. maybe in a 2 pack you could get a joe and a gang unit police officer. and in a cobra 2 pack a dreadnok and a gang member. then a head nok like zartan,zarrana or zandar and a gung lord or stuff like that

Theme- GI Joe Anti-Crime

Gimmick- ?

The Dreadnoks, backed by Cobra, are recruiting street gangs to join in the fight against GI Joe. I cant think of a good gimmick. except a comic about how gangs and street violence is bad and how to be aware of the problem. maybe in a 2 pack you could get a joe and a gang unit police officer. and in a cobra 2 pack a dreadnok and a gang member. then a head nok like zartan,zarrana or zandar and a gang lord or stuff like that

ahhhh crap dubble post @spam@ @spam@ @l@ @ignor@ @ignor@ @ignor@

Punichu i like your thinking but i was thinking something like

Serpentor' reign

Wave 1

Coil Trooper ( new ) v.s. Mercer (new)

Gold helmet Destro v.s. Firefly

Zartan v.s. Zandar

Coil Tele Viper v.s. Hacker (new)

WAVE 2

Serpentor v.s. Cobra Commander (wave 8 repaint)

"Overkill" v.s. Hawk or Kamakura

Overlord v.s. Duke

Coil Officer v.s. Repeater(new)

How about american soldiers with good ol american guns who fight bad guys, named i dont know, Cobra maybe and looc cool doing so. Im not stating specific but I think Hasbro has to go back to Basics, with the war and all it could get good marketability, not that the war was any good to begin with.

Being that we know that Hasbro needs a theme (although I think most of us collectors don't), I can think of one or two possible themes with gimmicks:

1) Armor Wars

Gimmick - interchangable pieces of armor - smart armor, that would enhance the abilities of the wearer.

Hook - Destro's leaving Cobra (a theme I'm sure we'll see at some point) and taking the Iron Grenadiers with him. Declaring Cobra as his enemy, Cobra Commander fears facing Destro's superior technology and pours all of his resources into developing better equipment to battle the IG. Of course, Gijoe has to rise to the challenge and develop or aquire their own.

The Armor would incorporate action features (leaving the figures un****ed with). Some with lights, some with moving parts, etc. Of course the Armor would be interchangable, so someone could be wearing three different pieces if so inclined.

Basic vehicles would be along the lines of Mechs, and deluxe vehicles would be interactive to the armor.

2) Hmmm - I'll have to edit this one in after I think it out a bit more.

Darren

I just let a friend of mine look ove rmy origional idea for the next theme. I guess you could call it "The rise of Serpentor". He didnt like it because while it included one of his favorite characters; Serpentor, it didnt include the Coil troopers. My reasoning was simple; this is a new and verry different line from the origional. There has never been a Serpentor for these Joes and Cobras. Why would a newly created, just introduced character have his own army ready and waiting for him? After that year is done, then you could do the Cobra Civil War line. Then introduce the Coil, and now with three sides to draw figures from, you have even more character possibilities, using the themes and stories established in the previous year. I also included the V-troops in my wave listings, because honestly Cobra wouldnt just abandon these multi billion dollar gene experiments. They may not make anymore, but they would keap the ones they have. Again building on the story form the previous year.

Another thing, the 3 packs I mentioned, I have decided that they should also include 1 all new figure. One of the things that changed my mind about that, was that I noticed I all but left out the Dreadnoks. So they would look something like this:

Wave 1 3 pack: Agent Faces, Road Pig, Kamakura

Wave 2 3 pack: Scarlet, Monkey Wrench,

Wave 3 3 pack: Snake Eyes, Torch, Sgt. Stalker

Wave 4 3 pack: Gung Ho, Gnaw Hyde, Barrel Roll

Wave 5 3 pack: Tunnel rat, Zartan, Airborn

ALong with each wave a pack of battle gear should also be made for each side. Like a Joe and Cobra arctic gear set. With cloth parkas, and snow shoes for any other character you may want to send along on that mission. And with each environmental theme of each wave, you could easily make one of these for them.

As for vehicles:

wave one: Alpha vehicles: Joe; dune buggy type with Clutch(could be a repaint of the one that was released at the end of the Spytroops), Cobra; a small one man jet with a Strato Viper.

Bravo Vehicles: Joe; A medium size tank with Covergirl. Cobra; a truck type vehicle( possibly a retool of the Double Blast) with a dessert painted Neo Viper

Wave 2: Alpha: Joe; small sub with Wet Suit. Cobra; Small boat with Copperhead

Bravo: Joe; new Hover Craft with Cutter. Cobra; Sub, with Manta (new Character)

Wave 3: Alpha: Joe; samll half track with Snow Job. Cobra; Repaint of the recent Cobra snow mobile.

Bravo: Joe; updated snow cat with Wind Chill. Cobra; updated WOLF with a Snow Serpent.

Wave 4: Alpha: Joe; new 4 wheeler(medicaly equiped) with Life Line. Cobra; samll vehicle similar to the Stun, with Scrap Iron.

Bravo: Joe; medium size jet with Ripcord. Cobra; new Hiss with Rampage.

Wave 5: Alpha: Joe; update of the recon sled, with Mercer. Cobra; Air Skiff with Zanzibar.

Bravo: Joe; new chopper with Altitude. Cobra; somethign similar to the old DEMON with OverLord.

Joe would get a new moblie base playset as well. It would be made so it could be addapted to fit any of the environmental conditions. And it would be big enough to hold at least one each of the alpha and bravo vehicles for each environment. It would come with a repaint of the Pullverizer mech, and a new Armadillo(the guy who came with the rolling thunder.) Cobra would have a new swamp based station. It would be pretty huge. Similar to the old Terror Drome. and it would have a special lab and training areas. A new throne room, where the thron could be converted into Serpentors chairiot. A small vehicle of some kind, and 2 figures. Cobra Trainer Big Boa, and Cobra Cheif of Security Crock Master. So with the exception of exclusives, that is pretty much an entire years worth of Joe stuff I thought up in about an hour. Pretty cool. If forced to some of the figures could be given action attack. I know there is no major gimmik to the figures I listed other than the figures with the tombs. There could be something for the kids, a game or something included with the figures. I cant think anymore, its time for bed.

THEME: Uniform of the Day

Gimmick: A simple mail-away promotion for a free "Poster" or something. (cheap and unintrusive)

These would be three packs of all the core characters...

Hawk in BDUs

Hawk in Dress Uniform

Hawk in PT/Training gear

I think people would really go for these three packs.

It would give them a nice little group of guys in PT/Training Gear and a nice little group in Dress Uniforms which will look pretty.

Pt gear and Dress Uniform have never been touched very much in 20 years of GI Joe. (only Gung-Ho was presented in Dress Uniform)

i think the next gimmick should be the rise of the B.A.T.S.......i read this idea either here or in another forum but it sounded good. You could have individual B.A.T.S characters along with specialized troops......and of course their leader overkill.............i also like the whole Coil idea aswell.

This is in line with what I've been hearing "around" that the next theme will be the "Bat Uprising".

Of course, at this point that's just speculation.

I have no idea what figures would be included, but I'm betting that a couple of BATS would be in the mix.

Theme: GI Joe Off-Duty

Gimmick: Order your own set of dog-tags... The person sends in their name and HASBRO stamps out a pair of real metal dog tags for them.

(I think this can actually be done fairly cheap)

These are two packs of a GI Joe character with one figure in Military Uniform and another one in civilian clothes.

The theme could also be "undercover" joe tied-in.

There is a lot of room for creativity here to throw some personality into the characters for how they look OFF-DUTY.

I think you're on target man. Look at the 2 major areas of scientific advancement. You've got the area of bio/genetics/organic science, and you've got the other major scientific area consisting of mechanical/nanomite/android/bionics type stuff.

Well, we've already got the bio stuff with the whole VvV "monsters" & animal/human hybrid soldiers.. so I think the next logical theme will revolve around machine enhanced soldiers. Sure, you'll have Bats mixed in with all of this (& probably Bats of all different & new sizes).. but I think you'll also see mechanical arm weapons (like Repeater's stead-cam), bionic trooper suits, "Robocop" type cyborg Cobra troopers and/or machines as well, and on & on.

I just think that we'll probably see this next major theme play out before we see any smaller, break-down type themes, like many of the ones that have been suggested (though let me stress that they are all GOOD ideas! :D)

The thing to keep in mind with any of this is that they are just themes. If there is a theme and/or idea that you really don't like, then the cool thing is that you only have to wait about 4 waves or so & there will be a new theme.. & hopefully one that you like better. :)

What was the theme of quite a few old Joe cartoons? The quest for some weapon or a set of weapon components scattered around the world.

How about an "Extreme Expeditions" 2-pack!

It'll be the usual Joe vs. Cobra set, with a pack-in mini-diorama. One would be a jungle set, another an arctic set, a desert theme, underwater/Atlantis theme... each set would represent another part of the globe. Each set would also come with a weapon component where, if all the sets are purchased, you can assemble it into some kind of ancient cannon. I imagine something made of stone and metal, covered with glyphs, and a big crystal lens in the cannon nozzle.

BATS Uprising sounds like a good theme to me.

how many f' in Bat variations are we gonna get

al you winers about the number of dukes we get...the Bats are equal too

if they were V1 molds maybe...but no wave 7 or 10 Bats...

Bats are getting annoying...

every dang wave it seems we get a freaking Bat...and its NOT a core character...at least it shouldnt be.

BATS Uprising sounds like a good theme to me.

how many f' in Bat variations are we gonna get

al you winers about the number of dukes we get...the Bats are equal too

if they were V1 molds maybe...but no wave 7 or 10 Bats...

Bats are getting annoying...

every dang wave it seems we get a freaking Bat...and its NOT a core character...at least it shouldnt be.

The idea is that Duke or Shipwreck are INDIVIDUALS. How many versions of the same EXACT character do we need?

Cobra figures, on the other hand, at least they can be army built as the "faceless masses." B.A.T.s, though, being machines don't even have to be human. I think animal shaped ones would be kinda cool (a robot dog or crocodile). Or how about "centaur" style or with tank treads for a lower body. Or, perhaps even "B.A.T. kits" that come with basic body and a variety of arms, legs and heads that could be interchanged?

One can't really do that with "human" troops.

Plus, with B.A.T.s, parents don't have to worry about their kid "killing" anyone since they ARE just machines. Think of the old Joe cartoon where no matter how much shooting people did, NOBODY ever got hit but the B.A.T.s and vehicles always blowed up real good!

Several of these could be combined...

The Rise of Serpentor as leader of the COIL which is mostly Machine (BAT) legions as followers...

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting!! ##1#

Several of these could be combined...

The Rise of Serpentor as leader of the COIL which is mostly Machine (BAT) legions as followers...

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting!! ##1#

AND in their off-duty gear......finally, BATS in casual wear @loll@

LOL! Good one!

Hey, wait, that's actually been done already...

Anyone see "Streetfighter the Animated Movie"?

It had "monitor cyborgs" which were robots dressed in street clothes that roamed around monitoring things for Shadowlaw/M.Bison. @hmmm@