Ummmm..wtf Is Going On?

Ccav

Ah yup. Some poor unknowing sob is about to pay through the nose for a 2000 TRU Locust ( http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/00/locust/ ). The only reason why it looks "slightly" different (not quite as lightly colored tan as everyone else's Locust), is only because of the poor lighting/quality of the sellers picture. lol.. unreal.

Well, this is one case where you can't blame the seller. From what I saw, he made no claim that it was rare, or hard to find. He started bidding at only $1, and people have just bid it up to that price. So if someone wants it that bad, I hope they win it.

Well, this is one case where you can't blame the seller. From what I saw, he made no claim that it was rare, or hard to find. He started bidding at only $1, and people have just bid it up to that price. So if someone wants it that bad, I hope they win it.

Yup, I totally agree. Other than the photo being kinda poor, yeah, the Seller really did nothing wrong imo either (and its no crime if you can't take decent digital pictures, just as long is the picture wasn't purposely "doctored" to make the item look different). Its just amazing, that's all.

Well, this is one case where you can't blame the seller.  From what I saw, he made no claim that it was rare, or hard to find.  He started bidding at only $1, and people have just bid it up to that price.  So if someone wants it that bad, I hope they win it.

Yup, I totally agree. Other than the photo being kinda poor, yeah, the Seller really did nothing wrong imo either (and its no crime if you can't take decent digital pictures, just as long is the picture wasn't purposely "doctored" to make the item look different). Its just amazing, that's all.

Yeah...I'll have to agree with you guys here! The number of sellers who desired this Locust helicopter and were desperate (or just ignorant enough) to keep bidding higher on it, is the good fortune of the seller, who like mentioned, only placed a $1.00 starting bid on it. Can't really blame the seller, but I guess it does make you wonder what the buyers were thinking? @haha@

If I was to sell ANYTHING on eBay...I would hope and pray that there were enough people looking for what I have, to get into a bid war over it, and make me some big bucks! ;)

This Locust copter is out of production, so no scalping from current retail stores was done to eliminate a buyer from having easy access to them there, so no harm or foul on the seller in that department.

What if it is just the seller bid gouging? I don't use Ebay but I have heard of it before. Perhaps he helped it reach such a high price.

Then that would be a horse of a different color! ;)

I think such foul methods can be quickly found out though...can't they?

A seller jacks up the bid amounts with the assistance of fictious bidders or "friends" that should they NOT get the desired higher bid on it, and end up winning the item, the seller has no intention of making them pay for it, and the item suddenly shows back up for auction just days later.

This kind of activity can hopefully be found out fairly quickly and dealt with, but i don't know who they have monitoring this stuff, except the users themselves?

What if it is just the seller bid gouging? I don't use Ebay but I have heard of it before. Perhaps he helped it reach such a high price.

A seller jacks up the bid amounts with the assistance of fictious bidders or "friends" that should they NOT get the desired higher bid on it, and end up winning the item, the seller has no intention of making them pay for it, and the item suddenly shows back up for auction just days later.

This kind of activity can hopefully be found out fairly quickly and dealt with, but i don't know who they have monitoring this stuff, except the users themselves?

yeah...Ebay has ways of checking out if your screwing around, and high bidding to try and spike up the Price

IF you get caught...say goodbye to using Ebay , and they do catch you!

#US1#

yeah...Ebay has ways of checking out if your screwing around, and high bidding to try and spike up the Price

IF you get caught...say goodbye to using Ebay , and they do catch you!

#US1#

Yeah...they do have methods of checking and it is actually illegal. Can't see why people would want to go to jail or pay a huge fine for $86 bucks.

Here is an example of how this can reach $86 legally. I know a lot of people (especially more experienced buyers) snipe with 10 seconds or so left. What they do is put in an outrageous proxy bid so that other people trying to snipe are immediatley outbid and have not chance to rebid during that last 10 seconds. So if the high bidder applied that logic (and if the second higher also applied that same logic), this can be the result:

- High Bidders proxy ($80) but current bid is $25

- Someone comes in and bids $100 in the last 10 seconds thinking nobody will want that more than $30.

- Result: Someone now owns a 2000 repaint for $86 bucks

Sucks for him @firedevil@

DAMn, that guy does not know too much at all for the price of the zartan it should at least come with the swamp skier, heck even the box with it, ohh well if he thinks it is a good deal that is his ideology, ohh well.......

this guy is a super collector,

he has a big bank account as well

take a look at what he paid for a hat

way too much

check out his other stuff that he boght , sheesh

Kill

Sniping goes bad.....this guy needs to start watching his auctions instead.

Man, people don't know what the heck they are doing anymore, that thing was cool but I would never even pay close to $40.00 for it. Who ever is going to pay that much for it..............I hope that's all he needs now to finish his collection. Thanks for letting us know about this Ccav.