Misb Sux

TheCasualOblivion

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you posted your collection anywhere pogoman? I wanna see :)

I think I have CD. From time to time I post some pics. I'll post some this week. Nyquill's starting to take effect on me. I'm seeing dots on the screen

Well im a supporter of the MISB regime but it all depends on the figure to me. Any Optimus Prime related figure that comes in its box, stays in it. Im just a person who appreciates that sense of my Primes being almost immaculate inside their boxes. My collection is more like a shrine to me. Its like walking into a toy store everyday and feeling like a child who wants to run up to it and just stare at it in awe but his parents couldnt afford to get it for him like mines couldnt afford to get me Transformers back in the day. Thats some of the reasons I keep em' MISB. Then again, there are other characters I would buy just to open them like an extra Masterpiece Prime or Super Link Galvatron just to appreciate the architecture involved in making the figures. So when it comes to Prime, MISB till I die! @rico@ @optimus@ :wub:

MISB till I die!  @rico@  @optimus@  :wub:

..that can be arranged...

@loll@ (Draws a line on the floor for Mega_Plex to cross it.) @firedevil@

I could have the mafia cross it if you like dying in style...

Internet tough guys. Gotta love them. @loll@

I can certainly appreciate MISB collectors; I am one myself to an extent. If there's a Transformer or a Star Wars figure or whatever that just an all-out favorite, then yeah, I keep it MISB by all means. And I'm gonna have a real hard time openeing my TRU Commemorative Transformers someday, just because the box art is so awesome. But I plan on opening most of them when I get a room to display them all in someday. There's just no question. I want to hold in my hands, transform, and set up all of those Transformers I didn't have as a kid.

But I'd love to have a TRU Power Master Prime MISB to display. There's just certain ones like that one I'd like to keep MISB. There's just nothing like seeing a cool favorite toy from the past (or present even) kept in the same condition as when you found it in the store. And just like someone else here said, it's almost like you have you're own personal section of the toy aisle in your own home. Collecting MISB seems better when you look at it that way. BUT...there's nothing like opening a favorite toy, applying the labels, checking it out, then displaying it in all it's glory on a shelf or in a display case. (Geeze I wish I had a house with a room already...)

heheheh... you'd seriously be surprised if you knew I was being serious...

Actually im just surprised at how many sad people have to take moments like this to try to make themselves feel more important. :D

Actually im just surprised at how many sad people have to take moments like this to try to make themselves feel more important. :D

There are many sad people out there. too many.

I only have connections to the itallian mafia, no others from what i know.

And someday, the people who cast actors for Supranos will be dying to talk to you. @loll@

And someday, the people who cast actors for Supranos will be dying to talk to you. @loll@

@grumpy@ I dought it. @loll@

This is some insane quoting action goin on right here.

you bet. #US1#

you bet. #US1#

All is good in love and debate. :D The beauty of no one being wrong or right. :)

you bet. #US1#

All is good in love and debate. :D The beauty of no one being wrong or right. :)

yup @can@

I'm a partial MISB collector as I like to open some items, while keeping others sealed. I like keeping the rare ones and G1 figures that I get at good prices sealed. Not to resell though as i'm never parting with my collection. I take pride in having hard to find figures in my collection sealed, while opening up the rest.

As for the mentality of a MISB collector, it's no different then a loose collector. People ask why keep it sealed? Well MISB collectors ask why open them? To say that opening them is the way Transformers are "meant" to be enjoyed is an ignorant statement. That may be how a loose collector enjoys them, but leaving them sealed is how others enjoy them and that's what it's about, how the individual enjoys their collection.

I'm a partial MISB collector as I like to open some items, while keeping others sealed. I like keeping the rare ones and G1 figures that I get at good prices sealed. Not to resell though as i'm never parting with my collection. I take pride in having hard to find figures in my collection sealed, while opening up the rest.

As for the mentality of a MISB collector, it's no different then a loose collector. People ask why keep it sealed? Well MISB collectors ask why open them? To say that opening them is the way Transformers are "meant" to be enjoyed is an ignorant statement. That may be how a loose collector enjoys them, but leaving them sealed is how others enjoy them and that's what it's about, how the individual enjoys their collection.

This is getting somewhat redundant, but why cant you just take a picture of it?

This is getting somewhat redundant, but why cant you just take a picture of it?

Because it's not the same. Holding a picture in your hands of a MISB Soundblaster and holding the actual item in your hands give off two completely different feelings. It's how one enjoys their Transformers and as such, loose or MISB, neither is right or wrong, it's personal preference and as such it is up to the individual to decide what to them is what they want in a collection.

Because it's not the same. Holding a picture in your hands of a MISB Soundblaster and holding the actual item in your hands give off two completely different feelings. It's how one enjoys their Transformers and as such, loose or MISB, neither is right or wrong, it's personal preference and as such it is up to the individual to decide what to them is what they want in a collection.

This is the same reason I wonder why people cant find their answer from their own question? ;)

I do like those items in box. Especially when the box is mint and factory sealed. I never thought about the room looking like a store, I dont' think it does. I think it looks like a nice sort of accomplishment for finding truly vintage items and finding a spot for it on my shelves.

I used to have a complete loose super powers collection, now its all mosc. and some of them have been sent off to AFA. I'm looking forward to those.

I've got one MISB TF, I was given the Tiny Tin Ironhide for Christmas last year and I haven't bothered to open it because I've already got a Spycharger Ironhide in the collection.

Tony.