Review Vs. Review - 3/11/04

ssdsus

Great job, you guys. These are always entertaining, but this one was particularly fun and thought provoking.

The totally subjective nature of it makes it even more fun.

Man, Outback was a great figure with great equipment. For me, probably the sculpting and equipting zenith of RAH.

I've been in such a funk over how much I dislike VvV (and, don't get me wrong, I like the most sculpts Joes better than my giant ARAH collection), it's nice to talk about the stuff we dug from the past to stay happy until things get better in the current line.

You guys have some really crazy ideas about what makes a good Joe IMO. No offence but I totally disagre woth 90% of your choices.

As Sgt. Rocco says, the lists are totally suggestive, so that's just our opinions. Who do you think the 10 best are?

I like your list, Louis. But Frank's...not so much.

There are three figures I would probably change on your list though: the 1992 Duke, Countdown and Pathfinder (though I can see why you chose those figures).

I always liked the '93 Duke better. Granted his gear wasn't as cool, nor did he ride a missile launcher, but he always seemed more realistic to me. Plus, the '92 Duke, at least my version of him, has a kind of wierd greenish hue to his hair. Could be just my figure though....

I would have also put Hit & Run in the list. One of the very best figures RAH had to offer. The Gear, the sculpt, the paint app--just perfect.

Finally, I still think the '94 Shipwreck is one of the best figures, especially late in the game, that Hasbro ever did. He was everything that none of the other Joe SCUBA-type figures ever were: he actually looked like a SEAL (even though Torpedo and V1 Wetsuit still remain some of my favorite figures).

Great reviews as always. I was starting to worry that you guys had taken another week off. @loll@

How about a top ten worst Joe figures? Could be fun.....

>I like your list, Louis. But Frank's...not so much.

Hahaha. I'll let him know....

>I would have also put Hit & Run in the list. One of the very best figures >RAH had to offer. The Gear, the sculpt, the paint app--just perfect.

I forgot about Hit & Run. Then again, I didn't own him as a child and that probably helped me to forget. He's definately a great figure.

>Finally, I still think the '94 Shipwreck is one of the best figures,

The only problem with that figure is that it's Shipwreck. Seriously, that's a great figure, very well done......but it is not Shipwreck. No way that sailor we all know and love became a SEAL. I'm glad they took him back to his roots in the new line.

>Great reviews as always. I was starting to worry that you guys had >taken another week off.

We work very hard thank you. I'm always busy watching TV and find it hard to make the time to do our reviews :P

>How about a top ten worst Joe figures? Could be fun.....

Patience, my young padawan. Many top 10 lists will be revealed over time. The worst list must be saved for a special occasion when the moons are aligned and I can truly rip some figures to shreads @loll@

Louis

Greta readin' thanks!

My List of the "other" top ten joes.

Roadblock v2

Mainframe v1

Alpine V1

Breaker v1

Blowtorch v1

Budo v1

Wet Suit v1

Chuckles

Hit & Run

Blizzard

Wow... it amazes me at how different each person's view of what good is...

Frank's list was total crap, I really have to agree with this statement by Louis:

"You no longer have any credibility as far as I'm concerned. BTR figures cannot possibly make a top ten list. They just can't. I'm not sure if I can take any of your list seriously now ;)"

The only figures I REALLY like from his list are Lowlight and Ripcord, I also like Doc, but not in my top 20, and Law and Order, but I prefer the RAHC paint job.

Louis' list was better in my opinion, and included some of my all-time favorites.

Crazlylegs, Muskrat, Pathfinder, and RocknRoll 89.

Recoil is also great, but not my top 20.. he could use a nice re-issue..

bu Dodger as #1??? no freakin' way!

Damn some of this guys choices are ridiculous especially the BTR pick #WTF# man some great molds were passed like the FF v1, SE v2, and SS v1 @grumpy@

Ummm.....that's because we were only picking Joes, not Cobras. You didn't notice that there were no Cobras on either of our lists? We'll be doing a separate Cobra top ten list in the future.

Louis

Damn some of this guys choices are ridiculous especially the BTR pick #WTF# man some great molds were passed like the FF v1, SE v2, and SS v1  @grumpy@

Ummm.....that's because we were only picking Joes, not Cobras. You didn't notice that there were no Cobras on either of our lists? We'll be doing a separate Cobra top ten list in the future.

Louis

Even so SE v2 not in their Hit & Run as well. Whats up with that

Even so SE v2 not in their Hit & Run as well. Whats up with that

I just forgot Hit & Run, although I don't think he's any better than the 10 figures I listed (which is just my opinion, of course).

And SE v2, if you read the opening to my list, you'd see that I had 2 lists, a top ten and a "best of the rest" list. SE v2 made my top ten as did many classic figures. The list you see with the pictures is the best of the rest list. Did you read my intro or did you just jump down to the actual list?

Louis

I love this kind of question because there's really no right answer. I've thought about this for a couple of days. Here's my list:

10. '84 Spirit - A great figure. Looks awesome and comes with a cool bird.

9. '82 Rock N' Roll - The first figure I ever owned. The best original Joe.

8. '90 Pathfinder - Looks cool and has great equipment.

7. '90 Bullhorn - Gun in case. That’s all I need to say.

6. '87 Falcon - Green Beret. Looks cool.

5. '89 Rock N Roll - Has great weapons. Can stick gun on leg.

4. '88 Hit & Run - Great Camo. Cool grappling hook.

3. '87 Hawk - The best leader ever…

2. '85 Snake Eyes - The best Snake Eyes ever and Snake Eyes rules.

1. '87 Outback - Tough as nails. Cool accessories.

I am in agreement. Louis' list I could deal with. Frank's not so much

My own choice(joes only..shudder...what a weird feeling)

10 Beach Head 86

9 Lady Jaye 85(yeah yeah, I like her)

8 Crosshair 03(the one Joe in JVC I really like)

7 Spirit 93(too bad he only got the knife for an accessory)

6 Dusty 85

5 Hit and Run 88(how did he ever not get another figure?)

4 Flint 85(hate the character, love the figure)

3 Shipwreck 85

2 Rock and Roll 89

1 Outback 87

Hmmm, seems that 85 was definitely a good year for figures

LOVE your reviews but I always disagree.....my personal top 10 JOES (based on mold,paint,acc)

10. Fastdraw. When he's geared up he looks so bada$$

9. Beachhead v1 another great figure to stare at

8. Dialtone. Gotta love the backpack

7. Freefall. Ripcords 'replacement'

6. Shockwave v1....masked figures are cool

5. Flint. My fav character

4. Lifelinev1. another cool paint scheme. Visually stunning

3. Blowtorch v1...Can't believe he's not 1

2. Airtight....why have there been no updates on him?!?!

1. Pathfinder v1. Paint scheme is great and love the acc