New Cobra Jet And Gi Joe Tank!!!!!

NightCreeper

When the new BTR stuff was shown last week (AVAC, HISS, etc) there was a listing for new defense mechs and one of them was called the Cobra Hornet. Maybe this is it and it was mistakenly labeled as a mech when in reality it's a light vehicle.

This is what I'm thinking, the Ice Vehicle is great, the other tank doesn't look much good but really isn't any more silly than say the Armadillo, Road Toad or L.C.V.

The Hornet looks um.... no worse than the Trubble Bubble, Pogo or Air Chariot and only marginally worse than the Sky Hawk.

I suppose funky looking hovering Jet Pods and Jet Packs have a long history in Joe, doesn't mean I have to like 'em though.... curse of a toy like that is actaully a toyline I suppose.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are all going to think I'm nuts, but I really like that Cobra Jet/Pod/Thingee. I don't know, that kind of way-out stuff really works for Cobra. The other vehicles are nice too, if a little uninspired. I think that's why I like the Cobra Jet so much. Those drivers are definately mixed up in the pictures. I don't have a problem with the yellow Neo Viper. I mean, it's not like they aren't already in every color of the rainbow. Good stuff in my opinion.

So far that jet looks to funky for my taste, but the Ice Saber and Tank are sweek I just hope the tank gets a nice Black, Blue, or a Crimson paint job because it looks sweet as it is and the Ice Saber is a nice looking vechile

The only one I will probably get is the Ice Sabre...I like the joe tank, but not enough to buy it. That yellow Neo-Viper is horrible...especially the lack of paint applications..seriously..I would gladly pay at least dollar more for a vehicle if the driver didn't have only one or two paint apps like many recent ones seem to...I don't understand how they can do a pilot figure as great as the latest Wild Weasel and then release some many others that are so cheaply redecoed.

IMO that so-called plane looks more like a one-man submarine....the Ice Sabre is cool....and the tank is a little tonka lookin for me and really don't like that neo-viper colors...

I can wait on these, but I probably have to see them in person to get a true feel for them..

I think the Ice Sabor looks pretty kool, the figure mold doesn't look to horrible for it, only the chest looks like it could be used for GrandSlam. The yellow Neo-Viper, with the gijoe vehicle, this is just saying that hasbro doesn't know what they are doing.Oh well, I can't wait to see the final versions.

the cobra "plane" looks more like a frog submarine? guess that is why the neo viper is yellow. maybe sorta a swamp sub/plane.

the snowcat is just too sweet.

the other tank thing is okay maybe for 10 bucks not for 15 or 20.

DVD Three Pack, meh it's about TIME they released the DVD in another way besides with 12-inchers, but eh. If it sells like the video set, then it'll do well, parents seem to love pack-in videos/tapes as a bonus to buy toys.

My local TRU is selling the DVD's alone for $3.99ea.

I was pretty surprised when I saw a rack of about 20 hanging there today.

I'm 100% convinced the new Cobra vehicle is a sub. I also believe it is Cobra's answer to the Sharc. If that is the case, I applaud Hasbro because they gave Cobra something Gi Joe has had for 20 years and didn't steal the Joe design to do it. I guess the Cobra Sea Ray is a flying sub, but it's two vehicles in one, while the Sharc doesn't have to be modified to fly or float.

Ice Sabre, I'm not a fan of arctic vehicles but it is a really awesome vehicle.

Joe Tank, this I think is an updated Armadillo. A small tank with some decent firepower is something missed from Gi Joe for a while so I will welcome it to my frontlines.

And yes, I agree the pilots had to have been mixed up. Neo Viper with Sub and Normal figure with tank. I do wish however that instead of putting another Neo-Viper with this sub, they'd put in a re-tooled Cobra Moray figure. Would make good sense since he's the only original JVC Cobra that has not since been updated.

Cobra Sub(Plane)

Not bad,I liked the 'water' paint effect on the side,that'd work good as underwater camo since light is shifted through water and reflects 'wavy' on everything there.So nice keen eye there Hasbro and I have to say I dig.The colors are not that bad...but I'm convinced some of them might change along the way...we'll see how it goes.

Ice Sabre

Looking good!I'm looking forward to this one and I'm glad Hasbro is mixing up the types of vehicles we're getting here.From air,land to sea and even different vehicles for different regions or whatever!Now we got a snow vehicle!And with a new Frostbite to boot...I want to see some shots of Frostbite close up.

New Tank

Interesting with a solid paint scheme...it looks pretty good and like a keeper to me.We'll see how it goes for it while time goes by,I'm assuming it'll probably be a VvV Wave 4 vehicle.

Figures

If thats Barrel Roll he looks awesome with this new mold...I'm actually looking forward to a new character for a change.As for the 'Neo-Pee' Viper...what I think happened is that mimidogg or whoever makes these molds isn't familiar with the proper vehicle drivers sometimes.I also think that the 'proper' vehicle drivers for the Sub and the Tank may not be at the molding stage right now...so we'll see.

ARTIC VEHICLE......YES!! :)

Everything else just leaves me COLD!

Oh...I LOVE the Ice Sabre!!! But who is the green proto figure in those pics with it? Is that the o-ring Frostbite? He looks very cool.

That thing looks like a suped-up, updated version of the old Snow Cat. Very cool.

But the other two pieces of crap (sorry whoever likes those...) yet again prove to me that there are different design teams working on Joe, because you get stuff like that plane/pod, then we see stuff like the Ice Sabre and that cool humvee. I just don't get it...

I'm not very excited about this stuff. The only thing that caught my eye was that yellow Neo. I think that would be cool. The Ice Sabre might be cool when I see it with the paint and decals. Of course, I buy everything, so they will come home with me even if they are pink.

The plane/sub combo thing looks alright, and actually seems to be in sync with the upcoming "Electric Eels" figure color-wise. The Ice Sabre looks awesome. The tank looks like some kind of troop transport, but so far doesn't impress me.

+-MWG-+

Well the Ice Sabre looks cool! The Cobra Sub is looking ok. I'll have to see it in person to say for sure. But the Tank does nothing for me. As far as the figs, I hope wee don't get a Pee Viper! Please no! And if that's a new Barrel Roll, i'm digging him.

Draven #US1#

The Ice Sabre is the only thing worth even mentioning!

The Cobra "plane" looks more like a crappy jet ski that was "bio engineered" with a bumblebee.

LAME.

Give me straight forward vehicles and leave the stupid "gene splicing" to the venom troops.

What's next?

A Water Moccassin spliced with an alligator?! @hmmm@ @loll@