Devil Bat Gots Cobra Troops!!

Devilbat

Guys, I just got back from TRU, and I finally got my hands on some Cobra Troops six-packs!! YAY!! Man they are such a blast from the past. I think the only one I had growing up was a Cobra Officer. I don't think I EVER had any of the soldiers! But these things are truly sweet. I was thinking I'd be satisfied with three sets; that'd be twelve soldiers in all. But I'm beginning to think I'd like to have at least twenty troops altogether.

But I really think these things are (dare I say?) BETTER than the original Cobra troops! The details in their paint jobs are just awesome. I had read where some people were having a hard time finding sets that had good paint jobs. Well, the ones I found all looked great. I think I found one set on the shelf that had a messed up black face-mask, and one of the sets I got had a soldier with a slight bit of blue from his helmet down over the top of his eyes. But otherwise they all look great. I also think the head sculpts are what make these better than the originals; the old ones just weren't right for some reason. It looked as if they were wearing Halloween masks for faces or something. (lol) And once I've seen the weapons up close, I still think their highly inappropriate, but I also love them and think they'd make great heavy machine guns for C.L.A.W.S. or something. And there's just no hope for those awful backpacks. I still hate them and can think of no other use for them other than maybe for a machine gun-packing C.L.A.W.S. Like I've mentioned before I'd like to replace their weapons with the AK-47s(?) that come with the GvsC Wave 2 Scarlett, and give them the old Viper backpacks that came with the GvsC Sure-Fire.

But these sets are great. I had been looking for quite awhile, and it was very satisfying to finally find them. I have a speculation though; on the back of the package, the pictures of the troops look very different from the actual figures. Is there a chance that these pictures are the design for a new VvsV sculpt Cobra soldier? Probably not since they're making the vintage-esque sets, but it made me wonder.

Now does anyone want to donate three more six-packs to my cause? It'd be appreciated for sure. (lol)

<<I have a speculation though; on the back of the package, the pictures of the troops look very different from the actual figures. Is there a chance that these pictures are the design for a new VvsV sculpt Cobra soldier? >>

Those are what the 12" "Viper" figures look like (even the gun). It would be cool if they made new sculpts for VvV that looked like that.

Guest gunslingercbr
Those are what the 12" "Viper" figures look like (even the gun). It would be cool if they made new sculpts for VvV that looked like that.

one of the troops is actually the same drawing of the 12" Viper, but with a different head drawn on and colored a brighter blue.

I just picked up my last 5 packs. I am holding steady at 25 packs, and Happy with those! ( I just realized I spent $500 on Troopers, and hope my wife does not do the math!)

LOL!!! Best not to go there :) or even think about the $$$. Just tell your wife that is better to get them now (paying 19.99 per pack) then wait a couple years and pay $50 per pack. There, you just saved your family $750 bones! She will like that!!

Guest gunslingercbr
I just picked up my last 5 packs. I am holding steady at 25 packs, and Happy with those! ( I just realized I spent $500 on Troopers, and hope my wife does not do the math!)

I know the feeling. I only have three and am hiding two of them from my misses so she doesn't find out. if she knew about the other two, plus the two I bought to trade, I may be cut off from Joes for good. she understands wanting one of each, but more than that... @stop@

I just picked up my last 5 packs.  I am holding steady at 25 packs,  and Happy with those!  ( I just realized I spent $500 on Troopers, and hope my wife does not do the math!)

I know the feeling. I only have three and am hiding two of them from my misses so she doesn't find out. if she knew about the other two, plus the two I bought to trade, I may be cut off from Joes for good. she understands wanting one of each, but more than that... @stop@

I must be lucky...my wife does not care how many I buy. She buys cloths, I buy toys. No hard times given by anyone.

this thread is a lot funnier if you substitue alcohol instead of the trooper six pack.

We're a bunch of addicts!

I have 5 sets now and I'm forcing myself to stop. The good news is that I don't have any additional money so I can't go buy more! I've opened two and plan on opening another 2 of the 3 I have still carded.

Anyone wanna trade some red squad leaders --- I've got two available...