Newest Ml Custom Gets "capcom'd"

Preventer MK II

I was working on this before the ML7 lineup announcement, but seeing the new figure only wanted me to make this one more (can't stand the ML one @grumpy@ ).

From the minute I saw Smart Hulk back at SDCC '03, I knew this figure would make the perfect base figure for the X-Men vs. Street Fighter version of Apocalypse. I wanted this to be my first custom, but its release came later than I had hoped, so I started on that "mystery custom". Having finally found a Smart Hulk, I got to work:

Using my Dremel, I sanded off the ears and hair to the desired shape, then sculpted the eyebrows and lips. For the actual mouth section I thickened the lips, then engraved the mouth into it so I could Apoc his "I'm looking down on upon you" sneer. Special thanks to Lowe for suggesting this, rather than going with what I had in the picture below:

ApocProg1.jpg

ApocProg2.jpg

The collar, bootcuffs, "ab plate" and wrist gauntlets were all made from AquaMend fiberglass epoxy. The belt and shoulder pads were made from craft foam.

ApocProg4.jpg

I drilled some holes into the elbows and waist of Hulk to accomodate the tubing (which fit so snug I didn't even have to glue them in place) and use plumber's tubing for the tubes. The wires holding them together are actually black pipe cleaners, further ensuring the grip on the cut sections.

ApocFinal2.jpg

ApocFinal1.jpg

I hope you all enjoy!

man this is worth getting in trouble for

HOLY #$## THAT IS A BAD ASS CUSTOM

the guys at www.fwooshnet.com would really like to see this I am sure

could you post those pics there ar let me do it for you ??

man that bad boy needs to be seen

GREAT JOB !!

i would actually prefer that style head

would it be kool if i used that recipe?

that is so awesome

Someone used craft foam, YAY!!!!! That stuff rocks. Nice custom Apoco! I'm thinking of making one out of Juggernaught when I get him. Good choice on Smart Hulk tho. A tip tho, cut your craft foam at an inwards angle to get rid of the craft-foam-edge that makes it look like foam.