Drone/clone Or Individual?

pesatyel

According to the cartoon, the Terrorcons are just, essentially, mindless drones. Also, the Omnicons appear to be clones or multiples.

Does this mean Scorponok has mulitples since he is a Terrorcon?

Anyways, according to Hasbro's site, it is implied that the Terrorcons and Omnicons are individuals.

So how do you guys plan on using them? As clones/drones or individuals.

Myself, I'm thinking individuals.

Both cause thats what they are :) THough I am going to do a repaint of the jeep into hound & beechcomber

terracons are just mindless...

Omnicons are differernt & all seem to have there own brains & thoughts ect I duno I find the omnicons confusing my self...

Its just hasbros/takaras way of cheapng out I think & not having to allways come up with new bots to draw @loll@ ( at least for the omnicons that is)

For the terracons it makes perfect sense...

The larger bots are decepticons not terracons

Its just hasbros/takaras way of cheapng out I think & not having to allways come up with new bots to draw @loll@  ( at least for the omnicons that is)

then why do they have different models for generic Autobots, then?

Because seeing optimus & hotshot get blown to bits all the time would be confusing?:) I think its just been minicons that have bit the big one so far... :wacko:

I started out as clones, but have since changed my mind. Aquiring Divebomb and Cruelock made me change to individuals. Those 2 are great and I can easily imagine what there personalities would be. Heck, even Battle Ravag has become more fun since getting the 2 new Terrocons.

...Its just hasbros/takaras way of cheapng out I think & not having to allways come up with new bots to draw @loll@ ( at least for the omnicons that is)

Technically they dont havta draw em...they're using cgi cell shading, so they only gotta make one model and copy it :P

...Its just hasbros/takaras way of cheapng out I think & not having to allways come up with new bots to draw @loll@  ( at least for the omnicons that is)

Technically they dont havta draw em...they're using cgi cell shading, so they only gotta make one model and copy it :P

so inother words same #$## different stink?

Its just hasbros/takaras way of cheapng out I think & not having to allways come up with new bots to draw @loll@  ( at least for the omnicons that is)

then why do they have different models for generic Autobots, then?

Because seeing optimus & hotshot get blown to bits all the time would be confusing?:) I think its just been minicons that have bit the big one so far... :wacko:

Those weren't Minicons, those were Autobots. It's called a dub error.

Listen, they obviously didn't make the Omnicons multiples for cannon fodder purposes, because they've only been attacked once. There's another reason for it, and that's for the sake of the story.

Razor is right - the generic Autobots who got wasted weren't Minicons. It's a dub error, like all the other times they applied the wrong names to something/one.

As for the Terrorcons and Omincons... they're too cool to cast into a broad, mindless army. I like the idea of them being their own characters, with their own strengths and flaws.

To me, the Terrorcons are a growing sub-class of Decepticons that Megatron is using to gain more ground in the war, while the Omnicons are Autobots uniquely capable of fashioning Energon from fuel to viable weaponry.

Tom

Both cause thats what they are :) THough I am going to do a repaint of the jeep into hound & beechcomber

terracons are just mindless...

Omnicons are differernt & all seem to have there own brains & thoughts ect I duno I find the omnicons confusing my self...

Its just hasbros/takaras way of cheapng out I think & not having to allways come up with new bots to draw @loll@ ( at least for the omnicons that is)

For the terracons it makes perfect sense...

The larger bots are decepticons not terracons

Scorponok's package specifically says he is a Terrorcon.

Id say that for the most part Terrorcons are drones, with certain exceptions that are equipped with sparks to act as "Generals". Since there are generally more Autobot toys than Decepticon, Drones would be a perfect way to balance things out .

Ya know, I was all for this cloning thing because I was looking forward to seeing bots getting blown to bits a lot, but instead all we get is recycled group scenes where the Terrorcon is there, then there's the explosion, and then nothing. No limbs flying, pieces breaking off or apart... just a blast and then no Terrorcon. Not nearly as entertaining as I thought it would be.

I think the Omnicons are individuals, the Terrorcons are clones. I haven't paid the closest attention, but I have yet to see multiples of the Omnicons in the same scene, whereas Terrorcons obviously are shown like that all the time.

Quickshift reminded me of something that I forgot to state.

For some reason, I also treat the Omnicons as individuals while the Terrorcons as drones. I guess I just don't feel the Autobots need more infantry whereas the outmanned Decepticons do, kinda like GiJoe and Cobra.

I think there should be one of each terrorcon that has a personality, like Tankor, Jetstorm, and the motorcycle dude in Beast Machines. It's rough seeing such a well designed figure as Divebomb be a energon munching drone on the show, continuously blown to smithereens by the Autobots. I think the names for them may imply a Beast MAchines thing...they have names for toys, but are "Terrorcons! RUN" on the series.

Ya know, I was all for this cloning thing because I was looking forward to seeing bots getting blown to bits a lot, but instead all we get is recycled group scenes where the Terrorcon is there, then there's the explosion, and then nothing. No limbs flying, pieces breaking off or apart... just a blast and then no Terrorcon. Not nearly as entertaining as I thought it would be.

I think the Omnicons are individuals, the Terrorcons are clones. I haven't paid the closest attention, but I have yet to see multiples of the Omnicons in the same scene, whereas Terrorcons obviously are shown like that all the time.

From what we have seen so far, Strongarm and Skyblast are at each "city." They are in charge of mining/refining the Energon. Specifically they were at Ocean City and at Mars base.

It will be kinda interesting if we actually see multiple Skyblasts, Strongarms, etc. in one place.

Id say that for the most part Terrorcons are drones, with certain exceptions that are equipped with sparks to act as "Generals". Since there are generally more Autobot toys than Decepticon, Drones would be a perfect way to balance things out .

I like that idea from Beast Machines.

As far as their being more Autobots than Decepticons, I always figured the Decepticons were just more powerful, individually, than the Autobots. Both G1 Megatron and Starscream were listed as having "no known weaknesses."

I look at it like this. The Terrorcons are multiple drones. They have somewhat of a sentience, but try to accomplish one goal. The Omnicons are individuals that they have used multiples of simply because it was too early to show more Omnicons. Now we see Signal Flare has made an appearance, and I bet he will take the place of some of those Strong ARms and Skyblasts. I liked the fact we saw a little of Strong Arm's personality last ep rather them just handing over Energon.

I like how Strongarm was using his Energon radar dish to scan the Terrorcons. Helps give the accessory a bit more legitimacy and perhaps inspire some sales from others whove panned the figure up till now. A good colorful portrayal can help out a toy immensely. (Like the MASS Devie miniseries got me to go buy the first Gung-Ho figure. Those clever marketing bastards.)