How Long Have The Cobra Infantry 6 Packs Stayed...

firestongue

It looks like these bad boys have like a 3 day turn around, if that. I know on the 22nd my TRU had some and an acquaintance on another board bought one or 2, then I came on the 24th and bought the last 2.

Then at another tRu they had 3 when i went in and bought 2 of them, then about 24 hours later the last was gone.

At yet ANOTHER tru they only had one.

So obviously these things are going fast.

How fast are they disapeearing at your TRU? Im happy that I have managed to nab 5 of them and will probly get one or 2more.

Is hasbro limiting how many they send out or are they just really selling fast or both?

I notice on the back it says something like "get multiple packs to build up your cobra infantry army"...man, I have to give the marketing folks at hasbro a LOT of credit. They look like gods compared to mattel's &*%$ &%#@@*& !?>+*&.....

Plus I wonder if this actually prompts lots of kids to beg their parents to buy multiples (and if the parents comply), or if it really has an effect at all. obviusly hasbro KNOWS us collectors will eat it up. :D

Depends on how much money I have to spend on them. LOL!! But honestly they were hard to find when they first came out. But now Im hearing of them popping up all over San Diego.

Yep..these are going fast. I know these Cobra Infantry packs are getting attention of former 80's Joe collectors again. I have a few friends that want one but don't collect Joes.

So it's good thing that these packs are bringing new buyers/collectors. As long as if there is enough to go around for everybody, right?

Nov, I'm done with my fix on Cobra Infantry packs.

Yep, I noticed that too on Amazon.com, no more Infantry packs on sale. They probably took it down for now until they get more stock...who knows whats going on???

Depends on how much money I have to spend on them. LOL!! But honestly they were hard to find when they first came out. But now Im hearing of them popping up all over San Diego.

You certainly are talking from experience here.

TRU in Times Square seems to have a limitless supply right now. The only thing that sucks is that they cost two bucks more then everywhere else. I know it's not much, but times that by ten and you've got twenty.

they probably came and went.

they came at mine, i passed and the next day i was passing through and they were gone.

wait YOU PASSED ON THEM? err ok lol

well if you have the money you should always buy them if you see them to try to help out the members here on the boards, cause not every TRU is getting them which is stupid. But oh well.

"STAYED"..? @haha@ Hell, they JUST got here!

They definitely won't last long though! Hopefully this response on them, will justify even MORE such packs of Cobra troops from Hasbro.

The only thing clogging up the shelves at my local TRU, are the VvV wave one assortments. Man are these things going to take awhile to clear out it seems! <_<

Well they were their for like 2 days and I finally had money to pick up 5 of them and they should be coming back in this week, and I can't wait to pick up 5 more @firedevil@

and 5 more for your friends #US1#

Really, Tazzzman, every time I go they usually had around 5-7 there, but I haven't been in around a week....?

Interesting I will have to check back but I was there a week ago and did not see anymore.......thanks for the info.

My TRU seems to get a lot of them. I came in one day and they had about 15 of them. There were 5 on the pegs for show and 10 on the racks above them. That was a couple weeks ago and I have not had time to check since. When I was going everyday, the packs seemed to have a shelf life of 1 day but I think it is more like 3 days now since the scalper market has died down. Guess scalpers don't see much incentive anymore.

TRU in Times Square seems to have a limitless supply right now. The only thing that sucks is that they cost two bucks more then everywhere else. I know it's not much, but times that by ten and you've got twenty.

What's the price at Times Square? It's $21.99 at Union Square.

I just went there last night (2/28/04, 7:30PM) to look for the Night Force 2 pack and they had about 12 of them there. I passed on the NF set cause the only one they had left was flawed with half-assed paint jobs. NF2 seems harder to come by now than the Infantry pack.

I did manage to pick up two of the BBI weapon packs; set B, CQB weapons. The weapon case that it comes with is friggin' cool as hell cause there's a rack in side for all the MP5 variants and the grenade launcher. I'm planning on picking up one more set so each weapon case holds 3 of each variant of the MP5.

TRU in Times Square seems to have a limitless supply right now.  The only thing that sucks is that they cost two bucks more then everywhere else.  I know it's not much, but times that by ten and you've got twenty.

What's the price at Times Square? It's $21.99 at Union Square.

I just went there last night (2/28/04, 7:30PM) to look for the Night Force 2 pack and they had about 12 of them there. I passed on the NF set cause the only one they had left was flawed with half-assed paint jobs. NF2 seems harder to come by now than the Infantry pack.

I did manage to pick up two of the BBI weapon packs; set B, CQB weapons. The weapon case that it comes with is friggin' cool as hell cause there's a rack in side for all the MP5 variants and the grenade launcher. I'm planning on picking up one more set so each weapon case holds 3 of each variant of the MP5.

I still haven't seen that pack down here and it's is angering me @grumpy@

When I vcalled the TRU on the other side of town, the lady just opened up a fresh case. I told her to hold one for me. I came there the next day, it was in the back. I grabbed that one and went to the main display to find three more. I grabbed 1 more for myself and left the other two. I'm guessing they were gone a day later. Also, a friend of mine found out that another local TRU was getting them in that saturday. He went early morning and grabbed the last 3 or so. That case lasted maybe an hour tops.