Just Grabbed Energon Megs

TheCasualOblivion

My friend tipped me off to stop by the local Wal-Mart in Easton, Pa that he picked up Megatron there and had 2 left. This was at noon. I had to work, but I decided to stop by after work, and at 7:30 tonight, walked into Wal-Mart where they had 6 Megatrons. Buying it is going to stretch my budget to the limit(also sent a check for E-Hobby Astrotrain this week) but it was well worth it. Man does that thing rock, especially jet mode. There are so many things I can find wrong with this figure, but the thing just looks so good none of it matters. I could even call it the most Gen1 reminiscent Energon figure overall. Some notes.

1. Spring assisted transformation. The thing helps you transform it. Tim found it annoying but I found it cool

2. The thing is solid. Very tight, tighter than I've come to expect from Armada and Energon. For a figure of this size it's even more impressive.

3. For those of you poseability freaks, it does have Gen1 reminiscent poseability. Non-bendable knees and basic arm manipulation.

I'm tired but theres other stuff. This thing has some warts, but I can't stress how much it doesn't matter. It just looks too cool.

I just got mine today too - he's awesome, flat-out. Finally someone to rival Landmine for the crown as best Energon figure yet!

The only complaint that I have is that the lights/sounds are all in the tank, and it works off 2 AAA batteries that aren't included w/ the figure. I'm curious why Scorponok came w/ batteries at $30 but Megs doesn't at $40.

From seeing pics today of SL Megs, it's even more apparent now though that the US version is AWESOME by comparison. Takara's looks like a cheap knock-off between the scale issues and color choices!

I just got mine today too - he's awesome, flat-out. Finally someone to rival Landmine for the crown as best Energon figure yet!

The only complaint that I have is that the lights/sounds are all in the tank, and it works off 2 AAA batteries that aren't included w/ the figure. I'm curious why Scorponok came w/ batteries at $30 but Megs doesn't at $40.

From seeing pics today of SL Megs, it's even more apparent now though that the US version is AWESOME by comparison. Takara's looks like a cheap knock-off between the scale issues and color choices!

like all recent armada/energon figures, AA and AAA batteries are not included, while the smaller cell type batteries are.

3. For those of you poseability freaks, it does have Gen1 reminiscent poseability. Non-bendable knees and basic arm manipulation.

His knees bend, they're just very tight and need some pressure but they do bend....as for his arms, they're like Arm Megs so they're pretty good possability wise

Argh! You better be right. TCO almost made me decide not to get him at all! #US1#

Yea my walmart had like 10 when I went today I already have him so I obiously left all 10...

I love the new Energon Megs!

I saw him at walmart, there were 10 of them, i passed on him because he looks kinda goofy, he still looks armadaish. I dont see whats so great about energon, save your money for alternators , they look 50 times better. Energon , like armada still looks like pre-k toys, i want to get arcee but if she looks pre-kish i'll have to pass on her too or kitbash with some diecast parts and make her into Nightbird.

I saw him at walmart, there were 10 of them, i passed on him because he looks kinda goofy, he still looks armadaish. I dont see whats so great about energon, save your money for alternators , they look 50 times better. Energon , like armada still looks like pre-k toys, i want to get arcee but if she looks pre-kish i'll have to pass on her too or kitbash with some diecast parts and make her into Nightbird.

*shrugs* to each his own...could've been worse, we could have gotten this POS:

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=To...rlink+Galvatron