Lets Get Our Own Exclusive Fig

jasonkimberson

I like the idea Gunman had: Black 20th prime. Call it an Alternators Scourge from RiD @loll@ It's a great idea, but considering the price of 20th prime already, an exclusive repaint would be like $200, bad for folks like me, job impaired highschool TF fans...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it doesn't matter if its an established website... If you have it people will come, as long as we provide good cutomer service and prompt reliable shipping it should be no problem.  There are a lot of new sites that just pop out of no where and they do just fine.

The main key is capital~!!

How much are you guys willing to give for this? 

I think i could pony up 5,000

The problem is people are skeptical about purchasing from a site that just came up and only sells this one product. Even if you were to advertise on other boards, people will be skeptical. Plus it lacks credibility. When someone says that they are buying an "E-hobby" exclusive, it has meaning. However buying it from an unknown, site would be like buying something from Tin Tin Happy (those who know his ebay listing will know what I mean) Although it's an exclusive, it won't have the same value.

Now if this could be promoted by TNI and be a "TNI exclusive" that will be a different story. But starting as a fresh new site would not be a good idea.

The main key is indeed capital and that's going to be one of the hardest parts of this venture. Being a forum where many/most of us have never met before, it's going to be very difficult to get people to cough up that much cash.

I think the Energon starscream being repainted in Thundercracker and Skywarp is a great idea. The mold isn't too expensive and is definetly something that a great number of people would be willing to buy.

Didn't "Tin Tin Happy" sell his transformers for like 300 bucks+???

I dont see the problem there....

The main key is indeed capital and that's going to be one of the hardest parts of this venture. Being a forum where many/most of us have never met before, it's going to be very difficult to get people to cough up that much cash.

I think the Energon starscream being repainted in Thundercracker and Skywarp is a great idea. The mold isn't too expensive and is definetly something that a great number of people would be willing to buy.

I agree on the Cash issue, that is the hardest part....

On the topic of the Energon SS repaint, i think hasbro prob has skywarp and thundercracker planned for the near future, so they prob wouldn't give that nod to us. Also i thin that energon exclusives would not nearly sell as well as a g1 reissue. Almost every transformer fan buys G1 but they dont always buy the other lines.

Didn't "Tin Tin Happy" sell his transformers for like 300 bucks+???

I dont see the problem there....

You can always get a fool to pay X amount of dollars thinking he's getting an extremely rare exclusive or test shot figure. The hard part is getting thousands to pay. That's what he banks on. Getting a so called exclusive out there and having someone come by and bid on it thinking he's getting a deal. He doesn't try to sell thousands of the same thing, just sell one at a high price.

The point that i'm trying to make about internet sites is that if this venture is being endorsed by a well known message board such as ours, or a well known site such as BBTS then it adds value and credibility. This will in turn cause more sales. Going the route of opening up your own site will result in lower sales and a lot more head aches. Plus, i'm certain that you would find it easier to get capital if you were to strike a deal with an established internet site.

This is just my professional opinion on the matter.

Thats nice but whats a jasonkimberson? BTW if you ever come to canada I think you're gona get you're butt kicked @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @can@ @smilepunch@

Thats nice but whats a jasonkimberson? BTW if you ever come to canada I think you're gona get you're butt kicked @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @can@ @smilepunch@

@smilepunch@ If I ever come to Canada @loll@ That's high on my list of places to go @loll@ @smilepunch@ brrrrrrrrrrrrrccccooollddd(shiver)

Thats nice but whats a jasonkimberson?    BTW if you ever come to canada I think you're gona get you're butt kicked  @loll@  @loll@  @loll@  @can@ @smilepunch@

@smilepunch@ If I ever come to Canada @loll@ That's high on my list of places to go @loll@ @smilepunch@ brrrrrrrrrrrrrccccooollddd(shiver)

My comment was not towords you @smilepunch@ but ya you're right you wana stay away from here, nothing but snow & ice

Now you guys are talking. Marketing is what i do for a living. I want a TNI exclusive anime colored Generation 1 Galvatron. Americans need a leader for thier decepticons.

A G1 show accurate Galvatron would sell really well. People have wanted that for a long time.

Now you guys are talking. Marketing is what i do for a living. I want a TNI exclusive anime colored Generation 1 Galvatron. Americans need a leader for thier decepticons.

A G1 show accurate Galvatron would sell really well. People have wanted that for a long time.

But the mold still needs to be available. If Hasbro doesn't have it around to use, good luck getting the money to have a new mold created and issue a limited run of the thing! This doesn't take into account the possibility that Hasbro's already got plans for a Galvatron.

If this going to be seriously done, it would need to be with an intact, preexisting mold, otherwise the cost would be a greater hindrance. Think of the limitations Hasbro has for the Universe line, plus any G1 molds they've used.

And yes, I'd definitely be interested in this, even if it was little more than a Mini-Con. Of course, it'd have to be a damn good one... :P

couple points (that are just my opinion):

1. make it a homage figure to the fullest! an Machine wars mold or newer done to a g1 character! or even a BW character done in a newer or Machine wars mold! (in the universe line)

2. needs to be accessable! not just one site! but not to many!

3. a mold that afordable to produce and resell! G1 molds are nice, but expensive to produce!

4.afordable! i know some people might wanna make money from this, i dont blame ya! just dont be like OFTCC and overprice the exclusive!

5.and heres my idea!

a: landmines mold done to be Rhinox

b: Blurr mold done as cheetor

c: (kinda pricy) a RID Stunticons set using ultra magnus (with new head and autobot symbol on chest turned into a 'con symbol) prowl mold with new head, sideburn with new head, another prowl with new head, and indy heat with new head!

d: armada red alert mold done as soundwave! include a airplane minicon and call it laserbeak, 2 military minicons and call them rumble and frenzy!

well thats it! i await critisism!

c: (kinda pricy) a RID Stunticons set using ultra magnus (with new head and autobot symbol on chest turned into a 'con symbol) prowl mold with new head, sideburn with new head, another prowl with new head, and indy heat with new head!

yes i want that and i want it now

yes i want that and i want it now

**POOF** you see them yet! i know someone did a custom like it some time back!

This would be an awesome idea! I would love to help out in any way possible, but unfortunately cash isn't one of the areas I can help in. :( If you need the packaging design or a site built, lemme know.

As for repaint suggestions, you could either go with Strongarm repainted as Hound (which was an awesome custom posted on here a little while ago), Cruellock as Grimlock, or possibly Armada Red Alert as Trailbreaker. Another idea would be to rework Landfill yet again into Constructicon colors and release it under the Universe banner.

First I would say find out some real details. Could this really be done(would Hasbro be willing to do something like this+ money issues stuff like that), could it be a TNI exclusive, What kind of packaging would it come in, What mold could be used?

After all that's worked out then I think you should have a poll and give everyone the options of picking the final product to be an Autobot or Decepticon. I would be very interested in something like this.

Also someone should mention this to JayC and get his thoughts because after all this is his place, and I'm sure he would have more knowledge about something like this and if it is at all posible.

For an exlcusive from Hasbro I'd like to see a crazy bad ass competition broken into 4 pieces for all the fans on this board...

1st Competition, all the 3D artists up on this board (I know there are a few) DESIGN a working Transformer figure... then everyone else votes on which one would make the most wicked character

2nd Competition, all the colorist/photoshop guys throw down color schemes for this new character... then everyone again votes it up.

3rd Competion, to all the artistically impared, a final competition to throw down the new characters name and tech spec. Again, the board votes it all up.

4th Competition, packaging... and once more the same as before.

If it was highly organized with alot of people playin' it, I think Hasbro would possibly take it more serious 'cause they'd know that there is already a market for it. It'd be an amazing publicity stunt too... I don't know... I'm crazy competitive and would love the chance to have a say in a character design, colors, name, and packaging...

That's just my opinion though.