Lets Get Our Own Exclusive Fig

jasonkimberson

That last conventions thread got me thinking...

Since we all like exclusives, we should find out how hasbro handles exclusive figures and get one made for us. I think we just need to contact them and work out a deal for them to produce a certain fig/color but we have to order a mass amount of them...maybe like 10,00pc?

let me know what you guys think

I am willing to chip in and maybe we could start a fund after someone found out the real details?

(is this worth going after?)

the extra figs that we get, we could scalp on ebay~!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.

Its a keen idea, however I've seen these OTFC exclusives and they reeked worse than sewer. If it is an exclusive I'd like to be a good one.

How about Hasbro bringing back the S.T.A.R.S Headquarters mailway. I would totally go for that. I miss that thing. Yeah and the should send the patch for my jacket and the hologram club member card.

We could start an internet store to sell them also, and be like the american "E-Hobby"

but will those items be better than the Takara ones? that would be a challanging position because now you got people that are able to get stuff from japan (I'm guilty of that)

If its something from here it has to be good enough that those guys in Japan need US to hook them up! damn right.

I am sure we could make a mass amount of profit off SMOKE and CLEAR BLUE Seekers, (make them LIMITED EDITIONS)

I heard that TRU pays 20 bucks for its Seekers, i think we need to order atleast 5,000pc....so to do this we would need atleast $100,000 dollars....

Buy at $20.00

Sell at $50.00

We all set~!!

If SS and I figure out anything for a con. We will look into this. Another cool idea is contact Dreamwave about an exclusive cover.

Dont they already have infinite exclusive covers? Dont most of the newer comics suck anyways?

Toys make better exclusives any day of the week (at least IMO)....

One problem though. How would you decide on the exclusive? There'd be so many arguements @smilepunch@

I'd love to see Energon Starscream repainted as Thundercracker and Skywarp. Cliche, yes, but you cant have one without the others

It's a good idea, but if you are serious, you have to put alot of effort into it.

E-hobby is well known and thus are able to put out exclusives and have people purchase them. In order for you to do this, you would require the assisstance of an already established online site. One that has a good reputation and is very professional.

My advice on this is, to approach an online site, such as BBTS, ask them if they would be interested in going in on this project with you. You use their resources and their position in the market to sell these exclusive.

Now the break down of the costs, obviously would have to be discussed with the online store, and based on that breakdown, profits will be allocated accordingly. Most likely though, the online store will get a higher cut.

I think it doesn't matter if its an established website... If you have it people will come, as long as we provide good cutomer service and prompt reliable shipping it should be no problem. There are a lot of new sites that just pop out of no where and they do just fine.

The main key is capital~!!

How much are you guys willing to give for this?

I think i could pony up 5,000

I think it doesn't matter if its an established website... If you have it people will come, as long as we provide good cutomer service and prompt reliable shipping it should be no problem. There are a lot of new sites that just pop out of no where and they do just fine.

The main key is capital~!!

How much are you guys willing to give for this?

I think i could pony up 5,000

The problem is people are skeptical about purchasing from a site that just came up and only sells this one product. Even if you were to advertise on other boards, people will be skeptical. Plus it lacks credibility. When someone says that they are buying an "E-hobby" exclusive, it has meaning. However buying it from an unknown, site would be like buying something from Tin Tin Happy (those who know his ebay listing will know what I mean) Although it's an exclusive, it won't have the same value.

Now if this could be promoted by TNI and be a "TNI exclusive" that will be a different story. But starting as a fresh new site would not be a good idea.

The main key is indeed capital and that's going to be one of the hardest parts of this venture. Being a forum where many/most of us have never met before, it's going to be very difficult to get people to cough up that much cash.

I think the Energon starscream being repainted in Thundercracker and Skywarp is a great idea. The mold isn't too expensive and is definetly something that a great number of people would be willing to buy.