Am I Alone?

Interlink

CatimusPrime.jpg

Now tell me you dont see it.

Lol, ok, i was really bored.... @smilepunch@

@loll@

thats some funnny shiet~!!!!!!

O ya, i forgot my OP had cat eyes and those wiskers did remind me an animal, i just could never get my fingure on it... thanks for point it out~!!

I should have know OP was a cat robot

See, I've made a similar argument before about the TRU Powermaster Prime. As awesome as my G1 re-issue is, and no matter how much of a Masterpiece the Anniversary Prime is (It's on a whole other level IMO...), I'd have to say the Powermaster Prime is my favorite.

A resounding WHY???, you may ask? (lol)

Well, for one, I loved the original PM Prime. It heralded the return of Optimus Prime after he had so unexpectedly died in the movie. Prime just couldn't be dead to me. So they rightfully brought him back. And as blocky as that toy was, I wanted it so bad. I was as fascinated with it, just as I was the whole death fiasco. And my dad unexpectedly bought it for me one Saturday afternoon, for no real good reason other than I simply wanted it and he got it for me. Now we were by no means wealthy, and as many toys as I had, I by far didn't have every single toy that was out at the time. So it was special and unexpected. Now the TRU PM Prime is much better IMO because I like the fact that the cab of the truck part is die-cast, and he actually has blue-tinted windows whereas the original had just blue stickers for windows. And his larger version where he combines with the trailer has blue fists that retract as opposed to the molded red ones that stuck out even in truck mode on the original. And I also like the fact that the smaller robot mode of Prime has blue eyes instead of red. That always bugged me as a kid, and Hasbro fixed it. It's like a Masterpiece Edition of PM Prime for me because they fixed all the little annoying problems of the original.

It's by far not the best version of Prime, but it probably means the most to me.

It's too difficult to compare them... G1 Prime is just such a classic, and that can never be taken away... he is like friggin' art. MP Prime though is a masterpiece of that G1 figure. However, G1 is the original MP is based off of... in a sense he is a copy... and no matter how perfect a copy is, no matter how many flaws are fixed on it... it can never be the original art, ya know?

Hmmm...

They both have very special but seperate places in my heart as a fan.

first off, opticon, you're gonna need to dust off that OP cause its one hella dirty figure! haha jk.

second, i think that both primes (G1 and MP/20th) are both the best of its time. i mean, i wasn't around when G1 started, but didnt the concept of a "transformer" blow your mind? and now with the 20th anniversary, it jus totally mind blowing as well. the "awe" factors are there.

Hehe, that aint my OP, i borrowed that pic from some other site (i forget what it was now...i'm evil for not giving credit)....ah, whatever

Only prime i own is the one in my sig...but he's apparently dead now, might need to watch The Return Of Optimus Prime soon.....

i agree with the thread starter. to me nothing compares to the orig. i didnt even really want to buy 20th o.p. but knew id regret it if i didnt, so i did. they are like apples and oranges. 20th is a pumped up version of the orig, so you gotta appreciate that. i do wish it were smaller, then i would like it more and consider buying if they make more g1 figures like that.

Although I don't have 20th, he is my choice. He's huge, he has the black gun now, the megatron gun, and the axe! He's shiny, heavy, and kick-arse...

I JUST WISH I COULD FIND ONE!!! MUST I BE TORTURED SINE I LIVE NOWHERE NEAR A PLACE THAT WILL CARRY THEM, SINCE THEY CHOOSE TO CATER TO LITTLE KIDS WHO PLAY WITH CRAPPY POWER RANGER JUNK, WHERE THAT SECTION IS 3 TIMES AS LARGE AS THE TF ONE?! OH, MY COLLECTION OF ABOUT 20-30 PIECES WOULD BE AWESOME, MY UNICRON DUKING IT OUT WITH 20TH PRIME, OR PRIME IN THE TWO-HANDS-ON-THE-GUN POSE FROM THE MOVIE, GUNNING EVERYONE DOWN!

Sorry bout' that rant.