Am I Alone?

Interlink

I like the original prime more than the 20th ann one. Quite a bit more. And it's not even for nostalgic reasons because I never had prime as a kid.

Anyone else agree? I'm sure most of you here like the new one more.

link, I totally like the original prime because he was (about) the same size with the other tf's from back in the day. I liked him because he had a trailer and the trailer was like a HQ of sorts.

I think MP Prime is an awesome piece for the times, however its a piece that stands out by itself.

well now that i've finally seen the MP prime in person i can say that it is an impressive toy. but the original optimus prime... well he's the original optimus prime and that's a whole bunch of cool right there. I mean from a straight toy comparison as a kid if you let me choose between the two then MP. However that's a hypothetial. Now if you give me the choice between the two well now you have to factor in the nostalgia of the OG (and to deny the original that is like saying that scalpers and paying way more than retail are the best thing to happen to toy collecting)

this is just me but if i had only enough money to buy MP or the OG... OG all the way.

I hate 20th Prime. He is the worst thing ever to bear the Prime name. I bought one and had him for about an hour before I returned him. If I pay 70$ for something that claims to be a Masterpiece and it is as fragile as a newborn haemophiliac then I am not going to be a big fan of it.

I hate 20th Prime. He is the worst thing ever to bear the Prime name. I bought one and had him for about an hour before I returned him. If I pay 70$ for something that claims to be a Masterpiece and it is as fragile as a newborn haemophiliac then I am not going to be a big fan of it.

He is not as fragile as you think. The feet and head are designed to pop, if not they would break. I find him to be quite sturdy.

Fragile?????

I've taken my TAKARA Masterpiece Convoy to school, transformed it 30-40 times in the month I've had it, my cat has knocked it over twice, I've let my sisters kids, 4 and 6yrs, handle it under supervision, let 5 people that are not myself transorm it and countless others handle it.

It does not have a paint scratch on it, the one foot has popped off twice, and the head has popped off about 8 times, 7 of which were me pulling it off on purpose while saying "battle damage!"

I have no complaints for the durability of the toy, unless the Hasbro version is of lesser quality than the Takara, or there are a few bum ones out there, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

As far as a piece of metal and plastic designed to make your shelf look better, what is even the issue of durability. I'm saying I've probably put my MP Convoy through more than anyone here and its still spotless. The issue is durability. Deathswitchofdoom brought it up, and I've heard it before and still don't get it.

While I do understand the viewpoint, I am not sure I feel the same way. Sure, the original prime is more in scale and when standing by the others, fits more in. However, MP Convoy is such a beautiful toy, verging on the edge of perfection. The problem is that he does dwarf other transformers when standing by them and, of course, no trailer. Both are great toys though

the original prime will always have a special place because hes just that, THE ORIGINAL! most of us couldnt have him when we were kids! for various reasons we want him, so he is the best! but when it comes to quality, MP prime simply outshines the original prime! bu leaps and bounds! i see what yer saying though man! i hope to someday have my own MIB (but open so i can play) optimus! heck i would settle for a G2!