Furthering The Masterpiece Series(again)

TheCasualOblivion

Still, it wouldn't be right for Megatron to come up to just over MP Primes waistline.

I don't understand why you think he would be that small. @hmmm@

Probably assuming scale from G1 Meg's size. Seems to me that it fit my 12-year-old hand well, but it would feel too small to my now-30-year-old hand, just like the Commemorative/Re-issue vehicles seem way smaller than I remember them being.

WAS Megatron the size of a real P38? If not, how much of a difference is/was there?

And either way, whether he stands eye-to-eye with MP Convoy or a head or 3 shorter isn't the point. They aren't meant to be compared to each other like that.

Was G1 Prime and Megs eye-to-eye? (can't remember, even though my brother and I had both at the time)

QUOTE (scrapperboy @ Feb 26 2004, 11:27 AM)

QUOTE (TheCasualOblivion @ Feb 26 2004, 11:25 AM)

Still, it wouldn't be right for Megatron to come up to just over MP Primes waistline. 

I don't understand why you think he would be that small. 

Probably assuming scale from G1 Meg's size. Seems to me that it fit my 12-year-old hand well, but it would feel too small to my now-30-year-old hand, just like the Commemorative/Re-issue vehicles seem way smaller than I remember them being.

WAS Megatron the size of a real P38? If not, how much of a difference is/was there?

And either way, whether he stands eye-to-eye with MP Convoy or a head or 3 shorter isn't the point. They aren't meant to be compared to each other like that.

Was G1 Prime and Megs eye-to-eye? (can't remember, even though my brother and I had both at the time)

I believe G1 Megatron was the real size. Walther is known for making small, concealable guns. I don't think the difference is that big, and G1 Megatron does feel perfectly fine in adult hands. On the last question, G1 Megatron is actually a spot taller than G1 Optimus. They aren't next to each other, but both figures are in my sig.

I believe G1 Megatron was the real size. Walther is known for making small, concealable guns. I don't think the difference is that big, and G1 Megatron does feel perfectly fine in adult hands.

Well, if I could manage to get myself a new Megatron, I'd know these things, I guess. :)

On the last question, G1 Megatron is actually a spot taller than G1 Optimus. They aren't next to each other, but both figures are in my sig.

LOL! I actually looked at your sig after my last post for just that comparison. I saw Megs, but saw Prime as a re-issue box with Prime on the front. @loll@

So, see? After 20 years of Megs being taller than Prime, now it's finally Prime's turn. @loll@ @loll@

I'll agree with Megatron, starscream, and grimlock. I'd say make megatron an oversized gun, it dont matter to me cause i'll be displaying him in robot mode (so he's gotta be to scale with prime there). And i'd prefer a MP starscream over a BT/Alt starscream, just cause i gotta have him as a jet. And Grimlock would just be damn cool.

I agree with TCO's choices totally. And varying scales have never been a factor for me, as long as the robot modes are the right scale in relation to each other. But I'd love to see a MP Galvatron, Hot Rod, Kup, Cyclonus, and maybe a Rodimus Prime, kinda like a Movie Edition line or something.