New Master Collector Newsletter

GGPiKE

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also,a lot of the neon appears to be more subdued and 'dulled'...if these are final production molds,they look great.The neon isn't all that bright at all on some of the figures that it looked terribly out of control on.

And sorry MJS,no news of Torch.

Here's a few of them:

vvv201.jpg

vvv202.jpg

vvv203.jpg

vvv204.jpg

*Keep in mind that we had previously seen Slice with Action Attack T-Crotch on eBay,yet in this photo which is quite possibly a test shot,he appears to NOT have a T-Crotch and Action Attack.Could Hasbro have changed it for him?What will he come out with?A/A or No A/A?

*Keep in mind that we had previously seen Slice with Action Attack T-Crotch on eBay,yet in this photo which is quite possibly a test shot,he appears to NOT have a T-Crotch and Action Attack.Could Hasbro have changed it for him?What will he come out with?A/A or No A/A?

He has the AA t-crotch, look closer.

Ice Sabre = Cool Beans!!

That is the idea I've always had of a GIJOE Vehicle.

Figure images also are cool--colours seems much more sane.

Looks like I'll have to find a way to save or trade for all these goodies.

--Ken

Pretty cool news, and nice pics, I am excitted about the new items coming out as well as look forward to seeing the comoic book packs and also the snake eyes with motorcycle 12" Very good overview for the new mastercollector newsletter.... :D

Looks like diaper crotch to me.But not T-Crotch...

Looks like diaper crotch to me.But not T-Crotch...

CC! dont start the diaper crotch rumor again!!! ;) but you are right about slice! he has screws on the inside of his legs! sure sign of a 0-ring! lets hope hasbro got an ass load of dukes in the mail and switched this whole AA thing back to what it should be (nonexistant!)

TM

That Ice Sabre's pretty cool definatly a worthy successor to the Snow Cat(though they could've called it the Snow Cat it's not like they lost the name)

Also I'm very happy that Firefly appears to be a dark blue instead of purple

those sound great! does this mean we can get one of the new cobra troopers, the new baroness and a CC all at once!? wow!!!! fantastic.

i am wondering: does the master collector site (for subscribers) have pics of all of these new figures or just the ones that were shown in this thread? does it show which baroness/trooper etc or what kwinn looks like, or does it just have the info? and when is it all due out?

OH, and can someone tell, if they know, if the cobra trooper will have a new paint app, like a HISS driver or a different rank than from the 6pack?

Wow! I'm all over that Wild Bill! That's how I always invisoned a new Bill. The Coil guy looks cool but aa could ruin him for me. And that Ice Sabre blows my socks off! I need to see a better picture of Frostbite though.

As for that Quickstrike figure being Bazooka......i'm extremely dissapointed!!!! That is not Bazooka. He needs his classic shirt....I mean it was a damn fan's choice winner. @grumpy@

Lastly, i'm super happy the colors look to have been subdued bigtime! Smart move Hasbro!

Draven #US1#

So far, I'm impressed with Hasbro's vehicular offerings, but I'm kinda iffy on the figs. The dusty makes me really want to go sit in a corner and rock back and forth chanting "its just a dream, its just a dream". The stalker is awesome, though. Too bad the new Firefly couldn't be just as cool. I'd like to see some of the Cobra vehicles, though.

The Slice you see is a prototype. Since all Action Attack victims will be released later with O-Rings, what you'reseeing is the basic, O-Ring prototype.

The Wave 3 Slice will be Action Attack. Sometime next year, he will be rereleased with the rgular articulation. Same for Coil Crusher, and Slash. Duke, Storm Shadow, and Kamakura will all be O_Ringed in Wave 4.

The target market *is* kids. Something you have to accept about every toyline you collect is that they are made for kids to buy. You're hobby is collecting kids toys.

That said, the age-range for action figures tends to fizzle around 9 or 10 now, so the target range of GIJoes is now from 6-10 year olds. If some kids stick around longer, great, but if they don't hook em at the target age, the likelihood that they'll start buying in their teens is slim to none.

As adult fans, we have to accept the product that's put out, and buy it if we like it. Repaints and store exclusives are, on the other hand, targeted at adult fans. They use the classic molds, fanboy nods like Action man, and teams like Python Patrol, to obscure characters like Short-Fuze and Zap. Two completely different toylines going here. Just buy what you like.

For me, this new line is fast becoming very cool for me. I like the sci-fi stuff, and the defense mechs, the Ice Sabre, and DNA-amped V-troops all work for me. Oddly, the very realistic hummer, and the boring driver don't do 8anything* for me. But Bazooka and the way-out-there machine called the Quick Strike is probably going to be the first major vehicle I buy this year.

Its all objective. What you like may not be what I like. Just buy what you like, and you'll be happy.

One more question:

Is being a member of Master Collector worth it? I was thinking about joining so I can get the Glow in the Dark Heavy Water as well as buy the clear Zartan.

Can anybody give me some insight on this?

If you plan on going to joe con or buying any convention exclusives its worth it. If you dont go to joe con a membership still entitles you to buy any con exclusives. There online store is pretty lame and in my opinion shipping is too high but you get a newsletter once a month that has preorder/order page with prices that include shipping. I usually order whatever wave is coming out that way I am sure of getting at least one of each pack without having to run all over town to find them.