Fans’ Choice Figure Poll

Bespin refugee

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.hea.../dn/default.cfm

Star Wars Fans’ Choice Figure Poll #6

You Have The Power To Choose...

It's up to you. Vote for one of the following figures that would you like to see in this Fall's Original Trilogy Collection basic figure packaging. The voting starts on Monday, February 23rd, 2004 at 12:00 PM Noon Eastern and ends on Friday, March 5th, 2004 at 12:00 PM Noon Eastern. Remember, only one vote per registered visitor so choose wisely.

Which one of these figures would you like to see in this Fall's Original Trilogy Collection basic figure packaging?

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia

Admiral Motti

Ree-Yees

Death Star Trooper

Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack)

Looking beyond the fact that you're voting on which figures to rehash; I don't think they're all worthy of even being released. Imo, The Han and Death Star Trooper should be redone; resculpt DS Trooper and use the CT Stormtrooper body for Han. The others could be tossed in with all the other rehashes without wasting a poll.

I really like the Death Star Trooper and the Admiral Motti..........

I actually like them all but I think I will pick Admiral Motti!

Well, this 'poll' is not going over well at all on the other boards. :-/

Whenever they decide to do the next 'real' poll; itll be a while; because, unless they already have them in progress, the 12-18 month 'development schedule' should take us up to the E3 figure release.

Here's my (elaborated) 2 cents on the choices...

-R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: This is one of those figures that I looked forward to as soon as I heard about it; unfortunately, I was only able to get one to keep carded (and I'm not interested in opening it). I'd probably be satisfied to somehow just get the holo Leia.

-Admiral Motti: I liked it, but, it's not one I was really interested in opening. Although, I can definately appreciate the customizing possibilities.

-Ree-Yees: I've been wanting to add this one to my 'Jabba's Palace'diorama; but, the timing never seemed to work out. I wasn't even able to get one carded; I think I saw one total.

-Death Star Trooper: I saw this (along w/ he CT stormy) as a great army builder; unfortunately, neither one was that easy to find (at least for me). I also don't care for the pose; I'd like to see one like the POTJ Imperial Officer (articulation ;) )

-Han in Stormtrooper Disguise: I looked forward to setting all four of them (from the "Trash Compactor" sets) up; but, again, the timing didn't seem to work out (released around Christmas didn't help). If it was rereleased, I'd rather see an 'ultimate' version (like the DS Trooper).

I still don't know which one I'll go with....

Some people are saying these choices are really dumb. I don't know about the rest of you, but around me, the DST and Ree-Yees were guys I only saw once, and never saw the R2 w/Holo Leia (but heard of a lot of people finding it in Toys R Us clearance bins, never my luck). Needless to say, IMO, these guys were ridiculously rare.

That said, the DST could use resculpted arms and legs so he isn't all crouched up. The recent R2 from the "Jabba's Palace" wave kinda fills the void for a "perfect" R2, but I'd like a version without the hole on the top of his head.

+-MWG-+

Well, this is just plain weird. They've added the Scanning Crew Trooper to the list. :huh:

My take on the choices:

R2: Good choice but it's a main character who many people have been asking for, just reissues it and put another figure in here.

Motti: Great Choice. To bad I already have it.

Ree-Yees: Another great choice. But again I have it.

Death Star Trooper: Worst of the bunch. It was already reissued in the Target Accessory sets and it really needs to be resculpted.

Han Stormtrooper: Fine but outside of the Trash Compactor it's not a very good figure I'd much rather see a decent one be made.

Scanning Crew Trooper: Good choice but I would rather see a resculpt than a reissue.

Over all it's an interesting idea but since R2 should've been reissued already and three of the choices need resculpts it has been very poorly executed.

What a waste. Just release them all, since 14 of the 20 figures in OTC are repacks anyway. Dumb.

does anyone have the complete list of 20 figures? also, what are the six figures that are not repacks?

There are 20 figures shown on the back of the OTC Falcon box; but, there is also a Tie-Fighter Pilot on the X-Wing box and appears to be #21

[brand new figures in red]

#01 Luke Skywalker [The Empire Strikes Back]

#02 Yoda [The Empire Strikes Back]

#03 Spirit Obi-Wan [The Empire Strikes Back]

#04 R2-D2 [The Empire Strikes Back]

#05 Luke Skywalker [A New Hope]

#06 Luke Skywalker [Return Of The Jedi]

#07 Han Solo [A New Hope]

#08 Chewbacca [The Empire Strikes Back]

#09 Princess Leia [A New Hope

#10 Darth Vader Return of The Jedi]

#11 Scout Trooper [Return Of The Jedi]

#12 R2-D2 [A New Hope]

#13 C-3PO [A New Hope]

#14 Boba Fett [Return Of The Jedi]

#15 Ben Kenobi [A New Hope]

#16 Stormtrooper [A New Hope]

#17 Wicket [Return Of The Jedi]

#18 Princess Leia [The Empire Srikes Back]

#19 Cloud Car Pilot [The Empire Strikes Back]

#20 Lobot [The Empire Strikes Back]

#21 Tie Fighter Pilot [A New Hope]

Is that Hasbro site really graphic heavy, because it is not loading for me?

Without seeing the pictures I would like a Han in stormtrooper outfit. I don't have any of the stormtrooper outfit characters and wouldn't mind seeing a new one.

Now with regards to waves, what wave is this, that releases all of the old, original characters? I am not interested in anything that came out in light of E1 or any E1 characters.

Is that Hasbro site really graphic heavy, because it is not loading for me?

There aren't any photos on the main page; but, it does load as little slow. When you click to vote, you can see pics of the choices Click 'back' to check them out without having to vote; or check here:

R2-D2 w/ holographic Leia

Admiral Motti

Ree Yees

Death Star Trooper

Han Solo in Stormrooper Disguise

Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper

Now with regards to waves, what wave is this, that releases all of the old, original characters? I am not interested in anything that came out in light of E1 or any E1 characters.

I haven't heard about any PT figs so far. As for the release schedule, I honestly can't tell; aside from the first and last group, it seems to pretty much jump from movie to movie. As for the latest addition, I'd rather see this one 'revised' over recarded also. While it may have been HTF, it used the head of the vintage Imp. Officer?!

In case anyone is interested*...

[As of: 3/3/04, 11:28pm CST]

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 14%

Admiral Motti : 17%

Ree-Yees : 12%

Death Star Trooper : 6%

Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise: 24%

Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper : 27%

The poll closes on March 5th

*Let's try to keep the updates fairly spaced out. :)

In case anyone is interested*...

[As of: 3/3/04, 11:28pm CST]

Ree-Yees : 12%

Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper : 27%

The poll closes on March 5th

As of 3/5, 1:34am CST...

The (final?) results haven't changed much, if any:

Ree-Yees : 11%

Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper: 28%

Update: Hasbro has made it official...

Star Wars Fans’ Choice Figure Poll

The polls are closed and Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case) is the winner.

Final Results R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia : 14.27%

Admiral Motti : 16.77%

Ree-Yees : 11.54%

Death Star Trooper : 5.84%

Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise : 23.36%

Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper : 28.21%

Personally,I don't understand why a late addition (which, imo, should get a redo instead of a rerelease) has come from behind to win. I ended up voting be for Ree Yees; because, it looked like R2 and Motti had enough support at the time.