What Was Your First Transformer You Got?

Mike

What the first transformer toy you had when you were little, and when you were older? Some people have had the same toy from when they were little, but others lost them all and started collecting all over. so some will be the same toy..

But for me, the first toy I got when I was little was G2 Devastator. My brother had a lot of transformers when were were little, but I never owned any. G2 Devastator was the first one I owned for myself.

Then I know what the heck ever happened to that. I probably smashed it to pieces lol

The first toy I got when getting back into collecting was RiD Prowl. That figure actually got me into collecting after I saw it at wal-mart

My first 2 since I can't remember what I opend first was G1 Prime and Megs. Since I got started again it was Armada Superbase Prime. I was bored and going through the toy department in Wallmart. Foud out they had wheels again and the obsesion started.

I can't really remember who my first transformer was, I want to say a seeker either Starscream or Thundercracker. Don't remember which one was mine and which was my brothers. Its also very possible that it was Bumblebee.

Didn't really collect them growing up because the show wasn't on when we could see it, and the fact that they were more expensive then a GI Joe, so we had a better chance of getting one of them when we were at the store.

When I started collecting again, after watching BW, I picked up a G2 Jazz and figured that I'd just get a few, and that I wouldn't spend more then 40 on anything. Yeah that worked out really well.

According to my folks and my memory I got quite a few at once... Soundwave, Optimus Prime, Shockwave and Jetfire being amongst the largest from the first great haul, with quite a few minis like cosmos, beachcomber, and seaspray being in there too. Season two was in full effect in my house back in '85.

Armada Megatron is what brought me back... I'd never owned Megatron (now I have his Takara Re-Issue) and I so loved his new design. It was perfect. Then when I saw Armada Starscream and Prime... I got them... and the craze began all over again. Hail Armada. The line that brought me back into the fold... and with Alternators and MP's out there... my TF future looks bright. Perhaps this time I'll stay forever.

When I was young:

First Transformer: Ironhide(Only had Ironhide and Ratchet left, had to have at least one)

Second Transformer: Sideswipe

First Mini-Bot: Cliffjumper

First Decepticon: Soundwave

First Seeker: Starscream(and I had my choice of the three, I remember picking Starscream because I though it looked cooler)

When I restarted collecting: G1 original Soundwave

After all, it was my favorite as a child.

I can only remember one TF i had when i was kid, that's the yellow F1 from the stunticons team. I don't have it yet.

The first TFs i bought when i start collecting them is G2 megatron hero. I found him for $1 mosc! :)

I -think- my first TF back then was Megatron, but I'm not sure now.. (I just wish I still had him. :()

My first TF this time around was Commemorative Edition Optimus Prime and Rodimus Major (Hot Rod). I believe I was in TRU to pick up the new He-Man figure, and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw those familiar red-grid boxes sitting there. "Whoaaa.."

Now I wish I'd picked up the CE Magnus, too. :( *siigh*

I don't remember if my first Armada was Prime or Starscream, but I'm pretty sure it was Prime. I got both of 'em real close together.

First Energon was Starscream. ;)

First TF I got was Soundwave & Buzzsaw, via a trade with my cousin in middle school. Traded a Gobot (Leader-1 I think) for it. Didn't get any of the weapons tho. Really hard to say which the first I got from a store was, I believe Windcharger w/minispy might've been it, or maybe Megatron. I got several as birthday or Christmas presents: Thundercracker, Devastator giftset, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus. I didn't really stop collecting, so G2 Optimus Prime would be the first "new" figure I bout. Collected sparsely during Beast Wars, a bit more during Beast Machines, most of RID, some of Armada, and a good chunk of Energon.

+-MWG-+

As a child my dad took me and my bro the "best" and bought us each a TF on the Sat morning they came out. I got ironhide and my bro got Sideswipe. I didnt care for IH to much but sideswipe was cool enough that I was hooked. Eventually SS was mine. It also helped that my neighbor got a Trailbreaker and Skywarp.

As an adult, while working at Kmart BW debuted so I got a Terrorsaur to check him out. I remember thinking ball joints are gonna get loose.

Then I was totally hooked back when RID hit. I bought EVERYTHING the day I say it at TRU. I remember my wife say, not other toy, what about StarWars, and I was like Star WHAT. TF are the best.

@loll@ @loll@ My first TFs was Ultra Magnus.

Then for 15 year, I was transformers less since I gave it away or don't know what happen to the rest of my TFs. I think it somewhere around my home but when I look around, I just can't seem to find it. I don't know, maybe my mind is playing trick on me. I know I gave my Superion, Computron, and some other bots away, but I"m pretty sure I have more at home.

Anyhow, as an adult, my first TF and toy happen to be Ultra Magnus again when I discovered him in early 2001. And since 2001, I have been busied with TFs and other toys.

My first was G1 Smokescreen when I was 4, no idea how since that was a month before my 5th birthday in 1984 and Smokescreen wasn't out till 1985, so maybe he was a diaclone-but I don't remember him having any little men with him and the box clearly said 'Transformers', weird.

My first as an adult, at 22, was RID Prowl, my fiancee wanted me to get him when I mentioned him after seeing him in the local Woolworths nearby.

Tony.

i think i had probably the most weird collection of transformers because i never wanted any of the main characters until Rodimus Prime which was my all time favorite as a kid. so i think one of my firsts were the minibots (i loved those) so it was probably cosmos or beachcomber. though i was the type of kid that crossed over my toys... as my gi joes/turtles/or whatever i was into at the moment would use fort max or metroplex as bases as well.

though i honestly the line that is bringing me back to collecting is the alternator/bt line. (i've picked up random pieces over the last three years but haven't "collected" anything)