Why Transformers Are Better In Canada

jasonkimberson

No Darklord Prime, The Iraqi government did not ask for our help, but the Iraqi people sure as hell did. Were they not completly joyous in the fact that we took Saddam out?

Imagine, a completely Democratic government in the middle of

the Middle East, besides Israel. Ten years from now, the world is going to to thank the United States for helping put such a stable government where it was needed most.

BTW, I'm not a "redneck" I live in L.A., drive a pimped-out Mitsubishi Eclipse gs-t, and also happen to drive a suv. Excuse me for thinkin' your argument is total bs. Even though it is

Ooh.. "pimped-out"? Well. My bad. That gives you all the credibility you need!

*removes tongue from cheek, and leaves sarcasm-mode*

From the reports I've read, no. They're not happy with "us" being there. But far be it from us to let a little thing like that sway us.

The only thing that's BS is our insistence on playing "Terrorism Police" which, aside from making us look like a royal pompous ASS, also implies that we believe the rest of the PLANET is incapable of taking care of itself and must be looked after like a room full of immature children. (nevermind that we're the most immature child in the room)

And then there's the hypocritical irony of us demanding that others turn over/destroy their stores (real or imagined) of WMD, while we continue to maintain one of the largest stockpiles of WMD in the world. And we expect them to take us seriously.

Yeah. I'm sure that'll happen. @loll@

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not another Canada vs United States debate.... Can we please stop this crap already? Yes yes I know the argument already US bad, Canada good and back forth, blah blah blah blah. How is this related to TFs?

Except we're not run by a insane dictator who is the judge,jury,prosecution of everyone and everything in his country. The only reason we need WMD's is to protect ourselves from these countries run by immature little children. Our government acts like the terrorism police to protect our American lives, and I happen to think they know a liiiittle tiny bit more about international policy than a couple guys posting in a transformers message board. And, despite what your nightly news might tell you, I know that the majority of Iraqis are happy that we're there, and there's a small minority, mainly ex-iraqi military, who are trying to sabotage a smooth transition of power. Believe me, we want to get out of Iraq as soon as possible, but it's just too early to leave, the chances of another dictator rising to power is too great at this time. By the way, those reports you've read (you can read....congratulations!!!) are news reports. And there's no news like bad news. Hmmmm "today was another peacuful day in Iraq......back to you, Dan" would not be worth tuning into to, would it?

Anyways, keep believing your close-minded opinions that have no basis in actual fact, one of these days you'll open your eyes to the truth, I'm done talking to your hand.

Dark Lord, Despite the fact that I think your taste in Transformers sucks. I agree completely with everything you are saying.

Marty, What you don't seem to realize is that not everything you see on TV is true. Most Iraqis weren't happy and Lemmings don't kill themselves.

You should see the movie THE ALAMO, it will show you that we were severly outmanned and outgunned compared to Mexico, BUT WE STILL WON!!! Mexico had a highly trained and intelligent military force, and the fact that we won shows how the American spirit cannot be tamed!!!

(our Dollar's worth more) ;)  :P  :D

It shows that America got lucky. And being the biggest bully on the block doesn't make you better, it makes you a bully.

And money is meaningless in the scheme of life. :)

If you don't like America or Americans, then "get the hell outta heeerre"

Go see if you can hang in Poland or better yet, Canada!!! If you move to Japan, be prepared to pay a couple of grand a year (U.S.) for the privelege of driving your own car!! And tack another grand on top of that to rent a parking spot (yearly fee), and don't forget another few thousand for insurance!! Plus remember to pay for the privilege of taking a full blown driver's license test every year!!! Hmmm America sounds pretty good right about now, doesn't it?

Except we're not run by a insane dictator who is the judge,jury,prosecution of everyone and everything in his country. The only reason we need WMD's is to protect ourselves from these countries run by immature little children. Our government acts like the terrorism police to protect our American lives, and I happen to think they know a liiiittle tiny bit more about international policy than a couple guys posting in a transformers message board. And, despite what your nightly news might tell you, I know that the majority of Iraqis are happy that we're there, and there's a small minority, mainly ex-iraqi military, who are trying to sabotage a smooth transition of power. Believe me, we want to get out of Iraq as soon as possible, but it's just too early to leave, the chances of another dictator rising to power is too great at this time. By the way, those reports you've read (you can read....congratulations!!!) are news reports. And there's no news like bad news. Hmmmm "today was another peacuful day in Iraq......back to you, Dan" would not be worth tuning into to, would it?

Anyways, keep believing your close-minded opinions that have no basis in actual fact, one of these days you'll open your eyes to the truth, I'm done talking to your hand.

Yes. Our insane little dictator has to ask permission first. Big whoop.

The nightly news (and daily newspaper) may be all about sensationalizing the bad news for ratings, but it's still (usually) accurate news.

You -know- "the majority of Iraqi people" are happy we're there? You have personal interaction with the daily goings-on over there? Or you -believe- the majority yada-yada because that's what your government tells you is true?

Truth is not what's spelled out for you by the people in charge. Truth is what's seen and observed when your eyes actually -are- open.

As far as I can see, I'm the one talking to -your- hand, since you seem to be dead-set on believing what Uncle Sam wants you to believe.

Contrary to that PR-machine tripe, we are -not- the altruistic saviors of planet Earth. It is -not- our business to patrol everyone else's country, and it is -not- within our national purview to go seeking out "dangers" and "threats" that may or may not actually exist, any more than it's my job OR within my authority to go out and get rid of anybody whom I might percieve to someday be a threat to my personal safety.

Dark Lord, Despite the fact that I think your taste in Transformers sucks. I agree completely with everything you are saying.

Marty, What you don't seem to realize is that not everything you see on TV is true. Most Iraqis weren't happy and Lemmings don't kill themselves.

Exactly, don't believe everything you see on TV, since TV shows most Iraqis as unhappy, but the Truth is the majority of the population is law-abiding, peaceful, and would rather have a temporary government overseen by the US than stay under Saddam's rule. Just because a few, unemployed ex-iraqi military are trying to throw a monkeywrench in the transitional government, don't believe the hype, DeathSwitch Of Doom!!!

You should see the movie THE ALAMO, it will show you that we were severly outmanned and outgunned compared to Mexico, BUT WE STILL WON!!! Mexico had a highly trained and intelligent military force, and the fact that we won shows how the American spirit cannot be tamed!!!

(our Dollar's worth more) ;)   :P  :D

It shows that America got lucky. And being the biggest bully on the block doesn't make you better, it makes you a bully.

And money is meaningless in the scheme of life. :)

If you don't like America or Americans, then "get the hell outta heeerre"

Go see if you can hang in Poland or better yet, Canada!!! If you move to Japan, be prepared to pay a couple of grand a year (U.S.) for the privelege of driving your own car!! And tack another grand on top of that to rent a parking spot (yearly fee), and don't forget another few thousand for insurance!! Plus remember to pay for the privilege of taking a full blown driver's license test every year!!! Hmmm America sounds pretty good right about now, doesn't it?

Absolutely. Why be forced to take a driving test every year, when you can just keep driving until you're too blind (and sometimes even then), whether you're actually capable of it or not.

I actually got passed on the left (in a no passing zone, at a freakin' intersection) because I stopped for a red light, and the 'tard behind me was 30 seconds behind schedule.

I'm sure he would've blamed me if he'd gotten t-boned, because I obeyed the traffic laws. Silly me, huh?

And how 'bout -you- leave? This country was stolen from its rightful inhabitants. But that's not important, is it? :)

Yes. Our insane little dictator has to ask permission first. Big whoop.

You -know- "the majority of Iraqi people" are happy we're there? You have personal interaction with the daily goings-on over there? Or you -believe- the majority yada-yada because that's what your government tells you is true?

Believe Me, you'll know when there's a dictator running this country, when the milatary police kick your door down and start killing family members because you bad-mouthed your dictator's government.

Oh, that hasn't happened? Maybe because you live in a democracy wher you have aright to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

And I have spoke with a ton of military back from Iraq, where Iraqi families were posing for pics w/ them, andfolowing them in the streets, sshouting praise and expressing gratitude that we took out Saddam.

DLP, I like you man but you are dead wrong here. It is our job to police many 3rd world nations or you have just what happened on Sept 11. They hate us because we are successful and we will not by and allow people like Iraq to invade our allies.

Also it doesnt matter if Iraq wanted our help or not. We pull out of Operation Desert Storm and they signed papers ending the war but did not comply by what they signed thus we have every right to re-enter with force.

And how 'bout -you- leave? This country was stolen from its rightful inhabitants. But that's not important, is it? :)

#US1# #US1# You're right, by the spanish and Christopher Columbus, But I wasn't alive 500 years ago. My family came to America from Sweden about 100 years ago, So frankly, I don't give a damn how this country was formed, I'm just glad it's here for me to live in!!!! #US1#

DLP, I like you man but you are dead wrong here. It is our job to police many 3rd world nations or you have just what happened on Sept 11. They hate us because we are successful and we will not by and allow people like Iraq to invade our allies.

Also it doesnt matter if Iraq wanted our help or not. We pull out of Operation Desert Storm and they signed papers ending the war but did not comply by what they signed thus we have every right to re-enter with force.

They hate us simply because of who we are. They hate us because we are lavish, slovenly pigs, given to wanton pleasure and enjoyment of life, which makes us "the Satan" (or whatever).

They hate us because we insist on proclaiming our way of life the "correct" one, and trying to force the rest of the world to see that.

Along with great power and great responsibility should come at least a modicum of humility. Unfortunately, we can't seem to manage that.

BTW, I hope this little spat doesn't mean we're not friends? I was planning to have you ship me e-Megatron if it doesn't show up here soon. :D @loll@

This turned into a bash Canada thread quicker then I thought. Each country has it's own great things to offer and in turn share with each other. It's through partnership and co-operation that we can improve both our countries as well as our relations and interactions with one another.

We are never going to agree on everything, if we did what kind of democracy would we live in. And if we agreed on everything it would blurr the line of each countries unique identities.

Some people who have posted in this thread are completely assinine.

Dang Marty, its kinda sad how sheltered you are. We police the world for our advantage, not for others. America advertises greatness, but there is a lot of evil. Your whole if you dont like america you can leave bit is a little old and lame. If every American acted like you America would have been bombed far more times then just on 9/11

Dang Marty, its kinda sad how sheltered you are. We police the world for our advantage, not for others. America advertises greatness, but there is a lot of evil. Your whole if you dont like america you can leave bit is a little old and lame. If every American acted like you America would have been bombed far more times then just on 9/11

Well said Jason.

DLP, we are still cool, I like debates. We feel our way is correct because it is our way. However we dont force it on anyone else but we will fight to preserve it and we will use our might to protect our allies. Thats just the way the world works.

And as far as the Indians are concerned, I feel for them, but in reality it isnt that bad. Why, cause they didnt own the land. They felt everyone had a right to it. If they had owned it or claimed to, they would have prospered. Also as our country developed Indian tribes declined due to war and health. Its not like we just kicked million outta their homes. Indians always moved every season. Eventually there just wasnt a place for the small groups to live anymore. It way blown outta poportion about them.

DLP, we are still cool, I like debates. We feel our way is correct because it is our way. However we dont force it on anyone else but we will fight to preserve it and we will use our might to protect our allies. Thats just the way the world works.

And as far as the Indians are concerned, I feel for them, but in reality it isnt that bad. Why, cause they didnt own the land. They felt everyone had a right to it. If they had owned it or claimed to, they would have prospered. Also as our country developed Indian tribes declined due to  war and health. Its not like we just kicked million outta their homes. Indians always moved every season. Eventually there just wasnt a place for the small groups to live anymore. It way blown outta poportion about them.

Then what would you say about... oh, how about the Trail of Tears?

Or another example would be the Cherokee nation. They adapted to a "civilized" way of life, developing a written language, settling down in one place, raising Christian families... and they ended up suffering just as much as other tribes, literally forced out of their homes after all they did to live a "normal" life. I don't call that just blown out of proportion.

Dang Marty, its kinda sad how sheltered you are.  We police the world for our advantage, not for others.  America advertises greatness, but there is a lot of evil.  Your whole if you dont like america you can leave bit is a little old and lame.  If every American acted like you America would have been bombed far more times then just on 9/11

Well said Jason.

Not very well said, quite ignorant. I am far from sheltered, quite the opposite. It's too bad the wool has been pulled over your eyes. I feel sorry for you both. If I didn't win you over by my valid points, then there is nothing else to say. I'm not going to talk about this anymore, it's hopeless, I can't change your opinions, misguided as they are.

Sorry I got myself into this debate. I will let you guys keep your ill-informed desicions, I'm tired of proving my point time and time again.

I hope you don't take this personally, I still love Transformers, and look forward to talking about anything but politics with you guys in the future

We dont police the world for our advantages. We police the world for our and our allies protection. We dont just needlessly attack people for our gain. No need for outragous nonsense comments.

And about the Indians again. Americans didnt kick them out. Spanish, Brit, French, Port. etc...moved them. THe people of the entire world settling America if you wanna be correct. So lets not say it was just us. Besides that was YEARS AGO and we have done every in our power to help them.

You Canadians who feel we are so awful, it you werent our border and allies other countries would have taken you guys over long ago. So complain about us.

Dang Marty, its kinda sad how sheltered you are.  We police the world for our advantage, not for others.  America advertises greatness, but there is a lot of evil.  Your whole if you dont like america you can leave bit is a little old and lame.  If every American acted like you America would have been bombed far more times then just on 9/11

Well said Jason.

Not very well said, quite ignorant. I am far from sheltered, quite the opposite. It's too bad the wool has been pulled over your eyes. I feel sorry for you both. If I didn't win you over by my valid points, then there is nothing else to say. I'm not going to talk about this anymore, it's hopeless, I can't change your opinions, misguided as they are.

Sorry I got myself into this debate. I will let you guys keep your ill-informed desicions, I'm tired of proving my point time and time again.

I hope you don't take this personally, I still love Transformers, and look forward to talking about anything but politics with you guys in the future

hey marty have a pic of your car? i drive an eclipse too, hehehe

(with velside kit, dual exhaust, 18 inch rims etc.)

You Canadians who feel we are so awful, it you werent our border and allies other countries would have taken you guys over long ago.

I don't believe that, we aren't hated.

Plus, terrorists like taking refuge here @smilepunch@

Well said Jason.

People here take stuff way too seriously and offensively.

You're debating about this on a toy site dude, that's sad enough :rolleyes: @smilepunch@

Oh, and "history" is written by the winners.  Just because you win doesn't mean you were right.  It only means you were able to out-maneuver the other side.

Since when?????? That is total bs. History is written by the facts, and only time will tell who was right and who was wrong. I can think up a dozen countries who have been bigger bullies than the US will ever be...*spain, england, germany, egypt, the Mayans, china, etc., etc., etc.,*

Since people started writing history down.

If the Axis had won the war, do you really think the history books would still paint them and the "bad guys" and the Allies as the "good guys"? No. The history books would tell how the "evil Allied forces" had tried to put down and destroy the "good and righteous Nazi order".

History has always been written by the winners, and always will.

Alright, fine. America is not "the biggest bully that ever was". It's just the biggest one right now. :)