Night Force

Violentfix

I've been searching High an Low for the TRU Night Force set. Every TRU I'd pass no matter what the extra effort I'd stop and search for this set. Well, today I found it in Brooklyn by Kings Plaza. As I was walking up to the shelf I suddenly got so happy because I realized that they were there and that my search was finally over.

Then I got a closer look.

I just can't bring myself to buy this set. The paint on the figures is hoorible. The eyes alone are enough to make me not want to buy them. This is the first time that I put a ARAH style GI Joe toy down out od disgust.

I really hope this is not going to be the norm for re-released figures from now on. I know the Infantry set had some problems, but it's still light years ahead of the Night Force pack.

Hasbro. STOP PINCHING PENNIES.

Guest gunslingercbr

I thought I would get this set just for Short Fuze, until I saw it on the shelf. I never even picked it up, I think it is that disappointing...and I own Tiger Force.

Would it be an incorrect assumption on my part, to think that these TRU "exclusives" like this, and like any other ARAH release, is something that is geared towards the fans of them...the collectors basically?

Sure "the kids" can buy them to and DO...but I was thinking that these were the so-called "nods" to the collecting community.

If this is somewhat true, and knowing some of the many pet peeves the collectors have about such things as color schemes, weapon choices and most particularly paint applications...wouldn't you think these sets would get a little extra attention to them, in making them "pleasing"?

I'd pay a little extra if they'd just take the paint brushes away from Willie Dipshitz and his partner Ernie Slapnutz, and give them to somebody who can stay in the lines! @haha@

They do these things up, like they should be stuck in a kids Easter Basket, as a cheap alternative to the REAL Joes! @grumpy@

My night force isn't that bad....paint wise. I still don't like the plastic they used on these guys though. But I didn't really like the pics...but when I saw it in the store. I picked it up......I thought it was a decent set. better than Tiger Force IMO. (save the plastic) My TRU is sold out of the Night Force set too. There was a ton of them sunday.....I went in today to find none left. However there was infantry packs....... @firedevil@

Would it be an incorrect assumption on my part, to think that these TRU "exclusives" like this, and like any other ARAH release, is something that is geared towards the fans of them...the collectors basically?

Sure "the kids" can buy them to and DO...but I was thinking that these were the so-called "nods" to the collecting community.

If this is somewhat true, and knowing some of the many pet peeves the collectors have about such things as color schemes, weapon choices and most particularly paint applications...wouldn't you think these sets would get a little extra attention to them, in making them "pleasing"?

I'd pay a little extra if they'd just take the paint brushes away from Willie Dipshitz and his partner Ernie Slapnutz, and give them to somebody who can stay in the lines! @haha@

They do these things up, like they should be stuck in a kids Easter Basket, as a cheap alternative to the REAL Joes! @grumpy@

You can bring up these points at the Hasbro Roundtable, at the convention old man lol. #US1#

i bought it, and for some reason its rubbing off on me, a few touch ups and it looks sorta decent. my new overused joe is totally action man, this guy eats more dirt than dogfight. i never knew i could find so many creative ways to kill a joe.

i realy like my set! roadbluck looks likes hes tripping on acid, but good set overall! and you should get one for collestions sake, you know u will want one eventually! i could kick my self in the ass for not pickin up the tiget forse and python patrol sets!

OK, I just went through YoJoe.com's pics and the close-up pics they got seem OK. Flint and Action Man looks iffy, and Roadblock does look like he took one monster hit, but they don't look any worse than the Cobra Infantry 6-pack.

The bigger question should be, why the hell does Tunnel Rat have blonde eyebrows?!?!

Posted on Feb 19 2004, 11:17 PM

Is it me or does night force short fuze look alot like lem from the sheild? 

Isn't the new Short-Fuze made from the mold of DownTown?

Yes it is, but its better as Shortfuse imo.

Draven #US1#

OK, I just went through YoJoe.com's pics and the close-up pics they got seem OK. Flint and Action Man looks iffy, and Roadblock does look like he took one monster hit, but they don't look any worse than the Cobra Infantry 6-pack.

The bigger question should be, why the hell does Tunnel Rat have blonde eyebrows?!?!

For some reason the eyes on the Infantry Six pack don't bother me. I guess it's because their just troops and I don't need to look them in the eye with another figure to often.

With the Night Force set it's more then just the eyes alone as well, although the eys would be enough for me. I couldn't find a set where beachheads mask paint wasn't overlapping onto his face. All the figures had some kind of mistake that urked me a little if not a lot.

You can bring up these points at the Hasbro Roundtable, at the convention old man lol.

If I was Hasbro I wouldn't even show up to this years Joe convention.....there about to get an ear full this year with all of their odd and dumb decisions

I had the same issues with both the Night Force and Cobra Infantry sets. I couldn't find a single set where I was happy with every paint job, so I tried to focus on getting the best versions of the figures I really wanted. With Night Force, it was Tunnel Rat and Short Fuze, and with the Infantry Forces I bought three sets and kind of mixed and matched to get a decent Scarface and about twelve grunts. It really bothered me that out of the many packs I had to choose from, I couldn't find any that were 100% acceptable.

The main problems I noticed were in the eyes - they either looked badly lopsided or the pupils were looking in wildly different directions. Bleah.

With that said, I do like the figures I ended up with. Of course, the Infantry Forces have lousy accessories, and so does Night Force - mostly. I do like the AK-47s, and have given them to my Cobra Infantry guys.

I bought the so so set of Tiger Force, so ill also buy Night Force. But over all Im really Happy with the Infantry Packs those things are the best. I have 14 so far and Im going back for 3 more.