Is Kb Toys On The Way Out The Door??

midnight doctor

there were two in my area. One is on the list of stores to be closed due to the bankruptcy thing, the other is closed because the mall that it is in recently raised it's rent due to an extensive remodeling project.

So, the only two in my area are now belly up so to speak.

I don't find alot of new stuff at KB, but being the kind of guy that sometimes doesn't get the new stuff as it's new, KB has saved me alot. I find a lot of stuff there that all the other stores had sold out of and though they can some times be expensive, when they want to mark down, the mark the hell down! The only reason Iwas able to buy the Night Attack chopper was because they marked it down from $40 dollars to $15. They also sometimes carry the Navjo Code Talking GI Joe for $15 while TRU sells it for $30 so I like KB.

All of the KB stores are closing here in Iowa, except for one KB Toy outlet. I don't usually buy joes at KB due to prices and finding it elsewhere a lot sooner...yet it is sad to see so many of them go. My whole childhood whenever I would go to the mall, there was always a KB to go to...the last ten years or so more and more of them have been closing, yet there was still several around. Although it has been a long time since I spent much at one of there stores, when I was collecting the marvel figures of the '90s KB was often the only place I could find most of the assortments near the end, and this was usually at the 3 for $10 price. Needless to say, I ended up buying a lot of marvel figures in the long run. Even when I was really young and collecting He-Man I got many at KB. I honestly think it is sad to see so many of the stores closing...especially as having NO toy stores in any single mall in Iowa will be pretty weird.