Who Is Your Favorite Joe From 1983?

flint069

What Joe from 1983 is your favorite?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Joe from 1983 is your favorite?

• Duke
    • Cover Girl
    • Tripwire
    • Doc
    • Gung-Ho
    • Snow Job
    • Airborne
    • Ace
    • Torpedo
    • Wild bill

Another poll. I'm making these a little harder. When I post a poll about a certain year, characters who have already had existing figures are not counted....ie Grunt and Grand Slam are not counted as they have figures available from an earlier year.

I'm choosing Tripwire. I love his costume and his mine detector. Very cool. ALSO it seems that every type of Tripwire I see is dead mint. All of his variations are indestructable!!! Whenever somweone has one for sale or my own persnal Trips, they are insanley mint!!

MAN is 1983 hard!! I'd say that Snowjob,Torpedo, and Doc are in a 3 way tie,,,but I can recall being stoked when I got my first torpedo. The idea of a scuba diver on the Joe team was awesome!!! Isn't Deep Six v1 from 1983?

We should also do a pole on fave vehicles and/or playsets from each 80's year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO it seems that every type of Tripwire I see is dead mint. All of his variations are indestructable!!! Whenever somweone has one for sale or my own persnal Trips, they are insanley mint!!

Dude that is so true. lol, even my childhood one is mint!!! And I played with him just as hard as the others, if not harder 'cause he was one of my favorites!!! Strange indeed!!

I have his orginal, Tigerforce and RAHC and all 3 they are like new out of the package. When I go to shows, They will have a few Tigerforces layig around and Tripwire and maybe Flint will be perfect shape. TF Frostbite is one I always find crappy.

Deepsix is 1984

Over teh next few weeks I'll post polls for fav Cobras, vehicles etc based on years....maybe break the monotony and have fav ARMY,Navy, MArine, Airforce in seperate polls. Maybe fav Tigerforce figure.....lots of cool stuff/ I don't want to overdo it but it is tempting.

Again, out of the ones I had, it comes dowm to a 3-way tie between Airbourne, Duke, and Gung Ho. Ultimately, Duke (cool overall) and Gung Ho (w/ his grenade launcher) cancel each other out/; because, for whatever reason, Airbourne was one of my all time favorites; the helmet, the rifle w/ the knife on the end (bayonette?). :) Even after my Airbourne 'lost a leg', he still stayed on the team.

You forgot Rock N Roll. He was my fav figure and I always wanted to find his 83-84 version. Not to mention you forgot Short Fuze, Steeler, and Clutch.

I voted for Doc, I'm the only one, and also surprised, everybody always talks about how the joe medic, and cobra medic ( scalpel ) were so cool , and I'm the only one to vote for him so far. LOL Did LifeLine replace Doc after he died? @loll@

I also voted for Doc....there was just something cool about them glasses and tough bro man attitude in the cartoon (kind of reminds me of today's JL Green Lantern)

I also had big battles as a kid and I would have a lot wounded and I also liked the tv show MASH, so I used to set up the prison (at GI HQ) as the field hospital....I'm surprise that I'm not a doctor..

Notables

#2 - Snow Job - Those damn skies

#3 - Duke

@afroman@

I'll post this again.....

Destro is not in this particular poll as he is not a Joe team member....only Joes.

Also Clutch Steeler etc are not in this poll as they have already been introduced as characters in the line when it started back in 1982.

SOOOO when I post 85's poll Snake Eyes will NOT be in it because he was in the 82 line (it will be interesting to see who all the Snake Eyes fans vote for)......same goes for Roadblock and Hawk come 1986.

SOOOO when I post 85's poll Snake Eyes will NOT be in it because he was in the 82 line (it will be interesting to see who all the Snake Eyes fans vote for)......same goes for Roadblock and Hawk come 1986.

To me that doesn't seem right. Just becase a figure was made in a different year all it's versions should be listed. The 82 Snake Eyes was great, But I think the 85 version was better. If you want to do a poll for the best figure of each year, all the figures should be included. IMO

I say Snow Job. I got the RAHC "Whiteout" version of him (my first Snow Job Figure) and it was a pretty cool figure.

Tripwire is a close second. Both Snow Job and Tripwire had the best kick-ass personalized accessories that year.

As far as what should be included in the year for these polls, everyone should just follow what YoJoe.com has listed for that year. Simplier that way.

D'OH!! I voted for Duke before I remembered Airborne!! I used to LOVE Airborne. That was the only Joe figure I played with out of context. I mean he would climb the furniture as an adventurer or take on the moster figures I may have had, or just whatever. He was awesome. But I still love the '83 Duke 'cause he was the first mail-away figure I ever sent off for. Man that was so exciting as a kid, to send off for a special figure you couldn't get anywhere else. In this day and age of "I got it on eBay and it came three days later.", mail-aways were so great back in the day and seemed to be more special. ( I never did get that Steele Brigade figure or that Wolverine tank I sent off for though...dangit!) (sob) @grumpy@