E-hobby Astrotrain

transformersrule

Just got my Purple Astrotrain in today from BBTS and all I can say is... yuuck.

The purple is just too....pink? I don't know how to describe it, I'll just say it doesn't look that great on a Transformer. I just feel cheated that I had to wait almost 20 years for a show accurate Astrotrain and although it was promised, it just didn't deliver.

If you want a Astrotrain, go with the #11 reissue. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I'm not getting it, because it looks like puke in all the pictures. :P

the color scheme is horrid. I'll take my black and purple, over grey and light purple :D

I'm not getting it, because it looks like puke in all the pictures. :P

I figured the horrible colors were because the original pics were edited to anime colors (most evident in that out-of-box pic). Well, I wasn't planning on shelling out $50 for him anyway, but if there was a good deal on one, I might consider it.

I would take a pic, but mine is buried in that pile I posted earlier

yeah, I saw that.

how about some shelves on the wall? I didn't noticed if you had run out of room there. I'm running out of room myself

20042196266077991594783.jpg

@loll@ @loll@ I'm not too crazy about Astrotrain purple either. But then again, most of the TFs never colored correctly in the first place i.g. Magnus blue color.

Here is Anime Astrotrain in his true color:

Train:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/reminator2/im...rotrainveh1.jpg

Shuttle mode:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/reminator2/im...rotrainveh2.jpg

Robot mode:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/reminator2/im...rotrainrob1.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of a G1 astrotrain? I don't think it had those colors.

@loll@ @loll@ That would be the perfect Astrotrain Anime color if they were choose the U.S. g1 Astrotrain purple color.

Anyhow, the g1 Astrotrain purple tone is very much closed to my decepticon signature color

True the E-hobby version is a bit too light, but i think he looks pretty damn good. A LOT better than the cheap half-assed black/white version.

Just add some chrome to the exhausts, some more defined lines on the shuttle's windshield (technically it should just be called shield here since there's no air in space, thus no wind either) and it will look superb!

Now if i could only find a store that has the item in stock and that ships worldwide.

I got my ANime Astrotrain today and I love it very much. Definitely worth the money. How do you see pink on him? All I see is yellow, gray and light purple. Where is the pink?

If you guys want an anime version of AstroTrain get this version.

Sorry, let me clarify. I don't see pink on it, it just that the purple is not as dark as I had hoped. Again, it's hard to explain. It is a lot closer to the show than the orginal and definately more so than #11, but it still disappoints somehow. The purple is not a dark purple (to me anyway), it is lighter, almost pink.

To be honest, I hadn't seen any pics of it on the internet. I just assumed it would be great (know what happens when you assume......) I think Reminator did a wonderful job with his photos.

Again, this is just my opinion. I am still glad to possess Astrotrain again, but in hindsight I should have just purchased two #11's vs. buying two of the E-Hobby version. To me, it just wasn't worth the extra money.