The Dark Knight Returns From Toy Fair 2004

bullseye

By "that darned kid" are you talking about the doll that comes with the Joker? IT's a doll the joker used as a weapon in the comic. Not an actual person. Also their proportions are off cause they were off in the comic. They're modled after Frank MIller's art and are actually dead on. BAtman is over fifty years old in the story so he's a little hunched over. If you dis-like they way they look bash Miller's art not the toy company because there just working with what they were given material wise. ----Dan

I really like these. I think the likeness to Frank Miller's art is great. I also like how Superman comes with the kryptonite arrow that Bats used... well, I shouldn't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet. Where's the Green Arrow?

Hm.. the ad on the back of the current Toyfare makes Superman's hair seems to look a lot like Ronald Reagan's. Glad to know it was just the angle or something.

In anycase, I'd really like to own these figures. My friend also pointed out how big Batman looks, but to me it's dead on with the comic. Hopefully I can get a deal on these if I buy all four at my comic shop.

(Is it me or is Superman looks like a wider version of the JLA/Modern Age figure?)

Sorry I don't buy statues....I KNOW these are figures but they may as well be statues with that limited articulation...

Batman and Superman actually have the same articulation as standard DCD figures. Robin and Joker... well, Joker's pretty much a statue. He does have some articulation, but probably the only point anyone's going to use at all is the neck, and that not much. Robin could really use at least knee articulation, and elbows would be nice too.

i'd wanna see clark kent. he could come with a base that has a horse and a fence and a meadow with butterflies...heheh.

i will DEFINITELY be getting that batman, and although the joker is a statue, the sculpt is spot on...and i like collecting batman/joker merchandise. the superman's alright too. robin's the only one who holds no interest.