Pics Of My Armed Night Force Team

Chazz

I sit up till 4AM because its the only way I can be sure of winning most Joe eBay auctions that are 8-12 hours off local time, and check Gi Joe HQ at 6AM cause that when the updates happen, all for a hobby I consider a minor part of my life.

i've been there too bro, sitting up until two in the morning for an ebay auction to end @wink@ this is defiantely the most time and effort i've put into gettting anything at retail stores, and i'm realy proud that my hard work paid off. not to mention like you said the money, if somebody isn't willing to do the same they shouldn't betch and complain about others that are.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fun stuff.

Redeems AM very well in the face of his detractors--me thinks.

All it takes is a lil' imagination and magic happens.

I really like the decent weapon slection for the team and the "fix on Roadblock.

I still wish they'd given him the Battle Corps head--IMO, the best Roadblock sculpt to date.

Great work Chazz!

--Ken

I'll say this again Chazz, in know way let anyone get to you man. You army is wicked and nothing to be guilty about. You are in the realm of die hards! lol And I have been known to stay up till 3am for ebay auctions and wake up at 6am to get one, etc. We are insane but hell what you going do? @loll@

Draven #US1#

if somebody wanted them as bad as i did they could have done the same thing i did.
i didn't wait for my packs to just fall out of the sky, i went after them with everything i had.

Ya' know!!

LOL... @loll@ Amen, dude.

Besides calling TRUs and searching the stores, ya' really gotta do is talk to the staff as often as you can. Whenever you're there, stop and ask a few of them; and if you can, talk to guys higher up in the "chain of command", as it were. Not every TRU employee (in this case) is gonna know what you're talking about, but there are some that do know something about the toys or at the very least, the status of their inventory.

And above all else, TRU Exclusives shouldn't be, and later on, won't be that hard to find. At least, that's been my experience.

but you know what, if somebody wanted them as a bad as i did they could have gotten up early before TRU even opened to make sure they were the first in, snuck away from work to check TRU, went over there minutes on their cell phone for being on hold by TRU employees everyday, drove all day to 6 TRU on a daily basis only to find nothing 6 out of the 7 times, not giving up when they say they don't have them and going anyway on a 2 hour drive just on blind faith.....in other words, i went through hell to get those packs thats why i don't feel guilty. if somebody wanted them as bad as i did they could have done the same thing i did. you should feel the same way to bro.

i saw this as my only chance to own the type of army i've always wanted....and i took that chance for everything it's worth. i didn't wait for my packs to just fall out of the sky, i went after them with everything i had. if somebody is hattin' because they didn't have the drive, dedication, and the heart to do what i did well they can suck a dead man's @#$% for all i care.

Chazz you are one die hard gijoe collector! this post above any other should be "post of the year!" i swear i could here the national anthem playing softly as i read that!!!!! #US1#

ya did what you had to to get those packs...and i admire the heck out of you for that! straight up!! enjoy em' you deserve them brother!

but driving 2 hours on a gut feeling! your a bigger man then me..dont think i would of done that!

but i think my favorite line was "well they can suck a dead man's @#$% for all i care."

@loll@ @loll@

Great stuff!

TM

AMP IT UP! That was awesome! What's the bike Action Man was riding from though?

thanks man, it's half of the silver mirage motor cycle from RAH. they need to make a new bike for the joes IMO.

but driving 2 hours on a gut feeling! your a bigger man then me..dont think i would of done that!

that 2 hour drive paid off, it got me six packs at once! :D usualy when i get a gut feeling about a store having something it's about 75% right. call it a gift i guess @wink@ but i had called and they said they didn't have any in the store, i went their anyways and they had one case in the back just waiting for ol' chazz.

Besides calling TRUs and searching the stores, ya' really gotta do is talk to the staff as often as you can. Whenever you're there, stop and ask a few of them; and if you can, talk to guys higher up in the "chain of command", as it were. Not every TRU employee (in this case) is gonna know what you're talking about, but there are some that do know something about the toys or at the very least, the status of their inventory.

i totaly agree. when it comes to talking to them in person i've found they are more eager and willing to check. after i drove that 2 hours to that store and didn't see any i was on my way out the door, but than my good gut told me to ask somebody even though i had called already, and i did. the chick looked them up on the computer and said it looks like they've got a case in the back. she searched for about 10 minutes (which is along time for a TRU employee) and came out with one case.

like they say, it never hurts to ask.

thanks Draven, McFly, Doc, and Arrow, i'm glade you guys dig the dio! :D

I just got my set in the mail from Chazz (A true American Hero. Thanks bud!)

Aside from the eyebrows, the paint jobs them were better than I expected. Even Roadblock's eyes didnt seem so crazed.

My biggest issue with the set was the craptacular weapons choices. So I gave them my own. Usually I try to use gear relevent to that character.

FLINT: The black version of his original backpack that comes with Dart. I dont have a copy of his old shotgun so I used the one that came with Turtleneck Destro. Another good candidate is the backpack with removeable shotgun from the Headhunter. And I gave Flint the black cel phone.

TUNNEL RAT: Original backpack, pouch and the gray-green version of his rifle that came with Dinohunter Ambush since it matches. The black versions of his gear from the original NF would be ideal for this version as well if you have them.

SHORT-FUZE: Dark green version of the original '82 helmet and green visor from one of the weapon packs (Visor painted silver.)Graphite pistol from v11 Duke. While Id much rather have a copy of the original, Im forced to make do with JvC Recondo's. Id use the original Short-Fuze mortar backpack, but it wont stay on his back. Maj Bludds original backpack makes a suitable replacement

ROADBLOCK and BEACH HEAD: Their original gear. Or rather the copies thereof that came with the original JvC versions of Heavy Duty and Beach Head. Everyone else in the pack I *MIGHT* be willing to understand not having the molds for their weapons, but we KNOW the weapon molds for these two exist. The two times it would have been ACCEPTABLE to re-use Roadblock's gear (NF and BJs 8-pack) and they forget about it. Go fig.

ACTION MAN: A cell phone and Shipwrecks graphite machine pistol, since most AM figures are usually issued with pistols or similar lighter firearms, presumably for ease of movement.

All the other weapons that came with the set have gone into the storage tray I plan on storing NFII in when I take them off display

nice choices doc!

hey chazz i was tinkering w/ your idea of replacing the original roadblock arms with the night force RB but instead i put JvC roadblocks arms on perfect fit too! the skin color is a tad off but it looks kick @ss! really "bulks" him up looks good too!

TM

nice choices doc!

hey chazz i was tinkering w/ your idea of replacing the original roadblock arms with the night force RB but instead i put JvC roadblocks arms on perfect fit too! the skin color is a tad off but it looks kick @ss! really "bulks" him up looks good too!

TM

Sweet TM I will have to try that as well before I go on Ebay to look for some RAH Roadblock's

1) Im jealous.

2) Im really digging the color choices for the night force. black and green is good.

3)I cant believe that now I am going to have to buy the cobra packs AND the night force packs.

4) Im jealous.

but you know what, if somebody wanted them as a bad as i did they could have gotten up early before TRU even opened to make sure they were the first in, snuck away from work to check TRU, went over there minutes on their cell phone for being on hold by TRU employees everyday, drove all day to 6 TRU on a daily basis only to find nothing 6 out of the 7 times, not giving up when they say they don't have them and going anyway on a 2 hour drive just on blind faith.....in other words, i went through hell to get those packs thats why i don't feel guilty. if somebody wanted them as bad as i did they could have done the same thing i did. you should feel the same way to bro.

i saw this as my only chance to own the type of army i've always wanted....and i took that chance for everything it's worth. i didn't wait for my packs to just fall out of the sky, i went after them with everything i had. if somebody is hattin' because they didn't have the drive, dedication, and the heart to do what i did well they can suck a dead man's @#$% for all i care.

Chazz you are one die hard gijoe collector! this post above any other should be "post of the year!" i swear i could here the national anthem playing softly as i read that!!!!! #US1#

ya did what you had to to get those packs...and i admire the heck out of you for that! straight up!! enjoy em' you deserve them brother!

No doubt man!! :)

Chazz...you're my new A REAL AMERICAN HERO!

Your words are us action figure collectors (and army builders)....pledge of allegiance

ONE MAN...FOUR STORES...SO LITTLE TIME!

ARMY BUILDERS DON'T SCALP...THEY AMASS AND UNITE!!

f997194e.jpg

;)

Chazz 4 Prez! @haha@

I think the NF paint jobs are a little shoddy ('specially along the eyes),but they're not that bad at all,Hasbro has done really good paint jobs on these RAH re-release sets,isn't the next one supposed to be an 'Urban Team' according to the Fans' Choice?

Chazz 4 Prez! @haha@

I think the NF paint jobs are a little shoddy ('specially along the eyes),but they're not that bad at all,Hasbro has done really good paint jobs on these RAH re-release sets,isn't the next one supposed to be an 'Urban Team' according to the Fans' Choice?

I was surprsied how good they where to be honest. I wasn't expecting them to be good at all. And yes, I believe that is the next pack. I hope we get a good Night Creeper and maybe a Crimson Guard out of it. Of course I want a real red CG at some point too.

Draven #US1#

f997194e.jpg

;)

@loll@ i love it man!! @loll@ what i do, i do not for just my country but for all of man kind. buying these figures up encourages hasbro to put out more sets like these in the future. just remember, one man can make a diffrence #US1#

hey man, i think that pic'll make a kickass sig @cool@

BTW TM, i love your idea about useing the JVC roadblock's arm, i'm defiantely gonna have to try that! the paint jobs aren't that bad at all like some of you have already said. it defiantely looks better in person than it did from pics.

no problem Doc, glade you got the set okay.@wink@

joe_colt Posted on Feb 18 2004, 03:55 PM

cant.......stop.......laughing.....action man,...there's a hoot.....Hasbro's hitting the bong again, what.s next, action force?(lol)! 

No, BattleForce 3000. LOL That would actually be kind of cool.

They should also put out another BattleCorps set.

QUOTE (Viper Hunter @ Feb 18 2004, 12:40 AM)

i love it man!!  what i do, i do not for just my country but for all of man kind. buying these figures up encourages hasbro to put out more sets like these in the future. just remember, one man can make a diffrence 

hey man, i think that pic'll make a kickass sig

That pic is awesome, the speech was one of a kind, and I agree with the last thing he said. #US1#