Will The Catwoman Movie Suck?

GTA Sith

catwoman is black

Since when? I couldn't care less if the old Batman show cast Eartha Kitt as Catwoman....Catwoman is NOT black. Check out the new Hush comic! She's as white as rice. If they made a movie called Malcolm X but cast a white guy in it, THAT would be wrong....Millions of black people would shout out to the moon. But if Catwoman is cast black, us white people are supposed to be cool with it so we won't come off as racist....I LOVE the double-standard.

I boycotted Daredevil because the casting of a black Kingpin, and I WILL NOT see Catwoman because first of all, it's not Selina Kyle and second because the character is supposed to be white....

It's not being racist but actually being a comic-book purist. I would also not see Blade if David Hyde Pierce was cast as the vampire hunter....A comic-book purist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Man you got a screw loose, You can't even compare X to Catwoman. And you wanna talk about race casting, Terry ( Al Simmon's best friend ) was black in the Spawn comic's but was white in the movie And Priest a white woman who was supposed to be Chapel a black man. Or Cleapatra played by Liz Tyler ( who's as white as can be ).

Not to be picky but, Cleoptra was Macedonian (Greece) as most of the ruling class in ancient Egypt. So if Taylor had a small tan she might not have been to far off.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/we...ly/aa031699.htm

I totally agree with you who think Duncan did I good job! Who could have done a better job?

Halle is not playing Selina so why should her skincolor matter? The movie is most likely to suck but for other reasons, dress ect.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone want to see this movie? Seriously, how many people are going to see this one on opening day or even in the theater? I'm smelling a flop, I just hope that this doesn't hurt the chances for WB to release the new Batman movie or a future Superman movie.

catwoman is black

Since when? I couldn't care less if the old Batman show cast Eartha Kitt as Catwoman....Catwoman is NOT black. Check out the new Hush comic! She's as white as rice. If they made a movie called Malcolm X but cast a white guy in it, THAT would be wrong....Millions of black people would shout out to the moon. But if Catwoman is cast black, us white people are supposed to be cool with it so we won't come off as racist....I LOVE the double-standard.

I boycotted Daredevil because the casting of a black Kingpin, and I WILL NOT see Catwoman because first of all, it's not Selina Kyle and second because the character is supposed to be white....

It's not being racist but actually being a comic-book purist. I would also not see Blade if David Hyde Pierce was cast as the vampire hunter....A comic-book purist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Man you got a screw loose, You can't even compare X to Catwoman. And you wanna talk about race casting, Terry ( Al Simmon's best friend ) was black in the Spawn comic's but was white in the movie And Priest a white woman who was supposed to be Chapel a black man. Or Cleapatra played by Liz Tyler ( who's as white as can be ).

Not to be picky but, Cleoptra was Macedonian (Greece) as most of the ruling class in ancient Egypt. So if Taylor had a small tan she might not have been to far off.

I didn't say she was black, just that Liz is as white as can be.

Michael Clark Duncan did a good job as Kingpin and it was hard to find a white actor to played Kingpin.

Really? You mean in a poppulation of a over a billion people on Earth not one person could play the Kingpin? Incidentally, comic creators whose name escapes who wrote Code of Honor had Kingpin in their book and they cast wrestler King Kong Bundy as Kingpin. He is a spot-on match if I've ever seen one! If I knew how to post pictures, I'd do it.

And for the guy talking about the Spawn movie, I didn't notice the casting change....I don't read the Spawn comic...Marvel and DC are the only companies I dare venture in.

Jeez, Matthew, you really have to get over this race thing.

You actually had the energy to boycott Daredevil just because Kingpin was black? Should it matter? Sounds awfully racist to me

catwoman is black

oops, sorry I meant white. i rushed though that post

I wish I had boycotted Daredevil cause the movie sucked.

This SAME EXACT topic has been discussed in this forum in many other threads, so at the risk of repeating my opinion... I'll repeat my opinion.

It doesn't matter that Catwoman is white, black or whatever... the movie is going to suck!

The costume just shows that the creators are all about making a Grrrl Film and not a Good Film.

Did anyone actually think the Laura Croft movies were good? What about Charlie's Angels?

Pretty Woman + Skimpy Outfit = Big Weekend Opening + Huge Dropoff the Next Week

I am predicting that this movie won't even come close to making the $100M it cost to film it (much less the $50M+ they will spend to promote it).

--Aaron

Michael Clark Duncan did a good job as Kingpin and it was hard to find a white actor to played Kingpin.

Really? You mean in a poppulation of a over a billion people on Earth not one person could play the Kingpin? Incidentally, comic creators whose name escapes who wrote Code of Honor had Kingpin in their book and they cast wrestler King Kong Bundy as Kingpin. He is a spot-on match if I've ever seen one! If I knew how to post pictures, I'd do it.

And for the guy talking about the Spawn movie, I didn't notice the casting change....I don't read the Spawn comic...Marvel and DC are the only companies I dare venture in.

i'm pretty sure that after several unsuccessful auditions from white actors, michael clarke duncan auditioned and impressed the filmmakers. so they chose him. but they didn't set out to have a black kingpin just for the sake of it.

Actually, I recall reading that they thought the cast was 'too white'. 'and that it was silly in this day and age that a Kingpin of crime would be a fat white guy.

Not taking away from Duncan, he did the best job as it. I don't see any other actor currently who could have done a better job. I wish they did more with him as a crime boss though, sort of worked up to his fight scene a bit more. Made it more shocking or what not.

Catwoman is not the first black superhero movie at all. Remeber Mentorman back in 1993, it was about a school teacher who got hit by a mentor and become a Superhero. The movie was like a comdey then a Superhero movie but also it was made by Marvel which it was comic book series until it got can. The movie was crap as hell in all but when Blade cameout it was a hit and it started the whole Marvel Superhero movie from there. Pluse the movie save Marvel from going out of bussiness. But I hear that a Black Panther and Luke Cage are in the work. I did like the outfit of Catwoman but it the first step of rebulid DC Comic Movie and hope that WB is not screwing it up.

And I don't know what your problem is GTA Sith... you post just to stir of controversy that isn't there.

--Aaron

No kidding

Your first post said "IF YOU DON'T LIKE HALLIE BARRY AS CATWOMAN YOU ARE BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Hallie Barry sucks, who made the last Bond movie suck??

I KNOW I KNOW

HALLIE BARRY!!!

With such classic lines as "Yo Momma"

you have bond, you are in england, british sports cars, english accents and you cast a woman that says yo momma? Seriously, She has sucked ass since she ripped off David Justice.

Catwoman will be crap, I was checking out her interview basically saying it has "Nothing to do with Batman, and Catwoman. This is a New Catwoman."

Nobody wants a new Catwoman, we only got one movie with the old one @loll@

I want Batman, not some horrible hooker outfit.

Many people said that the Catwoman will suck bad because of Halley Berry. I bet you that they are a bunch of racial a**hole but in the old Batman show Catwoman was black and for once give the movie a chance. This is the first step of WB trying to bring DC Comic movie back to live after the Batman and Robin mess. But Halley Berry did a good job in the X-Men movie and is a well respectful actress.

oh and one more thing. She hasn't done anything special. She gets banged by whats his face and wins an oscar? bull... and the first catwoman was black? Nobody remembers that one, who do we remember...

thought.jpg

the old batman show had just random people at times, remember the adams family dad as the riddler?

What really makes me mad... why didn't they give the Joker his own movie? he is a million times better then Catwoman. @hmmm@

Heck they should have done that just to get Harley into a movie. I rather have Harley then Catwoman. But knowing the WB they'd probably put her in some motorcycle chick get up and say that the name was because she's always riding Harley's.

Hey, I think you're onto something.... @smilepunch@

But seriously, there are a thousand different characters you could have chosen for a DC movie.

Heck, I'd prefer a Green Lantern movie over a new Batman any day.

Ok but the point is you can't talk about double standard's, when it happens in both cases. In fact at a time all movie and tv role's where played by white's even the roles the are made about some one of color. I know that was along time ago but if your gonna talk about it happening in a movie or 2 you should check around, before you act like it never happens the other way around.

Ok I just read the post that was quoted there. Yes King Kong Bundy looks the part but I'm guessing that I probalby have more acting ablity then he does. Daredevil could have been better I will admit to that but without Duncan I think it would have been completely unwatchable. And Bundy would have turned it into a parody of itself. But yes he definately would look the part.

I doubt Catwoman will be a flop. In the eyes of "comic fans" it probably will but the general public will go see it. I think more than anything to me, it is a disappointment. I was really wanting something along the lines of the comic. Story and costume wise. Just like Birds of Prey and the now canned Flash (thank god) they take their liberties with the characters, turning them into a shell of their comic counter-parts. Too me this Catwoman will be Catwoman in name only. I don't particularly like the way I have seen Berry play CW. In the limited views I have had it seems like she plays the character much like the 60's campy Catwoman. Not something I really want to see anymore. I'm sure i will go see it eventually but it doesn't have a whole lot going for it in my opinion.

Heck they should have done that just to get Harley into a movie. I rather have Harley then Catwoman. But knowing the WB they'd probably put her in some motorcycle chick get up and say that the name was because she's always riding Harley's.

Hey, I think you're onto something.... @smilepunch@

But seriously, there are a thousand different characters you could have chosen for a DC movie.

Heck, I'd prefer a Green Lantern movie over a new Batman any day.

Hell, I'd rather see an Aquaman movie made before Catwoman.

I'd LOVE an Aquaman movie!

Kevfett, who would you want to star as Aquaman? Would you want him to be the orange shirt/clean shaven version, or the armored/hook/bearded version?

I'd want Aquaman to be his clean cut version, like the one they've just returned to in the comics.

And I don't know what your problem is GTA Sith... you post just to stir of controversy that isn't there.

--Aaron

Indeed. Anyone states that people who hate a movie because of a certain actress makes them a racist is just as ignorant as any real racist.

The bottom lines are.

Comic fans are bitchy, we want what we want and that's it.

Halley Berry CANNOT act. Go to the IMDB and see her list of films, just sad.

Halley Berry's two films that she got praise for were Swordfish and Monster's Ball. Both which she showed her fun bags. Conspiracy by the MAN maybe?!?

If she shows her fun bags in Catwoman, and hit’s a bunch of people with her Catmobile (Forgetting afterwards to avoid time in the jail!) it would be the greatest comic movie since Barberella.

This post just went down the drain.

Thank you!