Will The Catwoman Movie Suck?

GTA Sith

Many people said that the Catwoman will suck bad because of Halley Berry. I bet you that they are a bunch of racial a**hole but in the old Batman show Catwoman was black and for once give the movie a chance. This is the first step of WB trying to bring DC Comic movie back to live after the Batman and Robin mess. But Halley Berry did a good job in the X-Men movie and is a well respectful actress.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my god ,well first, the costume is the stupidest thing ever, and catwoman is black (not being racist) but when you change the main characters looks sooooo much, you can tell from the star the movie will blow

It will suck because of Halley Berry, not because of her race. 'because she can't act. Factor in the hositility of changing a well known character so much, and you have a bomb in the making. Hell, Warner still might not release it because they fear it'll give the upcoming Batman flick bad karma.

I don't have a problem w/ Halle playing the character; my problem is that they took the name and apparently nothing else. As far as I can tell, the costume, origin, supporting characters, etc... have nothing to do with comic character of Catwoman. The Flash took a similar appproach;, and thankfully, was canned before it hit the air waves. Birds of Prey, while, at least, connected to the "Bat-Family", took "creative license" and flopped. I guess WB/DC haven't learned from their past mistakes. :(

I think that WB/DC needs to learn from Marvel, while you can make changes its best to stick to the story line/character traits that made the comic popular in the first place. If you want to do something different then great do something different, but don't slap a name that already has a good story attached to it and then change it to something else that is only remotely similar or worse only the same in name.

catwoman is black

Since when? I couldn't care less if the old Batman show cast Eartha Kitt as Catwoman....Catwoman is NOT black. Check out the new Hush comic! She's as white as rice. If they made a movie called Malcolm X but cast a white guy in it, THAT would be wrong....Millions of black people would shout out to the moon. But if Catwoman is cast black, us white people are supposed to be cool with it so we won't come off as racist....I LOVE the double-standard.

I boycotted Daredevil because the casting of a black Kingpin, and I WILL NOT see Catwoman because first of all, it's not Selina Kyle and second because the character is supposed to be white....

It's not being racist but actually being a comic-book purist. I would also not see Blade if David Hyde Pierce was cast as the vampire hunter....A comic-book purist. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's not being racist but actually being a comic-book purist. I would also not see Blade if David Hyde Pierce was cast as the vampire hunter....A comic-book purist. Nothing more, nothing less.

You know if they did that it would have to be the greatest Super-hero spoof movie of all time. And he would have to act like the character that he plays in Fraizer while doing it.

Though I do have to say that Duncan did play the role of Kingpin very well, while his skin was of the wrong pigmentation everything else about him was perfect for the role and I really can't think of a white actor that could have carried it off as well.

I just think the movie will suck because it sounds dumb. I heard she's going to talk to a CGI cat. @loll@ Also I think I heard she'll have powers similar to the TV Birds of PRey HUntress character which is just lame. THe whole appeal of the bat characters is that they have no powers and go out night after night trying to make a difference because they want to, not because they got bit by a radioactive cat or whatever stupid origin they come up with. If they want Halle Berry to play her, fine. THe costume while sexy is completley retarted. Duncan made a fine Kingpin. The only time I dis-like the changing of a character's race is when it's just to throw in a big name or for shock value like the rumored Beyonce as Lois Lane but I'd be just as upset if I heard Britney Spears was up for Lois. --Dan

I don't think color has anything to do with it......Halle Berry is hot a crap....and if you really want to get technical....her mom is white. That has nothing to do with my opinion on the new Catwoman movie anyway. I thought it was a bad idea from jump, like someone else said earlier, the only thing that is in common with the catwoman we know and love is the name. Honestly I think its gonna bomb......I haven't heard anyone say "I want to see Catwoman" It sad cause its still a comic property film......I don't know what they were thinking.

Oh and Mike Duncan was great as Kingpin......and if they ever put kingpin on the big screen again....it should be Duncan. @firedevil@

the only thing i casn say is that the costume sucks big time!

looks more like a black mouse than a cat, so...the story could be good, and the effects and all, but the costume doesn´t show respect :D

I'm not too big on this movie. To me, this catwoman is only catwoman by name. The costume sucks, and from reading an excerpt from Toyfare, the plot sounds terrible to. Just because she's a woman who dresses like a cat does not make her catwoman. Bring back Michelle Phiffer Dammit!

catwoman is black

Since when? I couldn't care less if the old Batman show cast Eartha Kitt as Catwoman....Catwoman is NOT black. Check out the new Hush comic! She's as white as rice. If they made a movie called Malcolm X but cast a white guy in it, THAT would be wrong....Millions of black people would shout out to the moon. But if Catwoman is cast black, us white people are supposed to be cool with it so we won't come off as racist....I LOVE the double-standard.

I boycotted Daredevil because the casting of a black Kingpin, and I WILL NOT see Catwoman because first of all, it's not Selina Kyle and second because the character is supposed to be white....

Yes you are being a racial about Halley Berry as Catwoman but they are using a different person this time. I am sick of these racial crap about this Catwoman movie and raciam still happen today my friend. Michael Clark Duncan did a good job as Kingpin and it was hard to find a white actor to played Kingpin. You can't have your cake and eat it too these days. Halley Berry is a good actress and she made alot of good movie in her years and she did a nice job with Storm in X-Men.

Actually its not being racist, the guy just likes his comic movies to be accurate to the comics. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it cant be doen, and changes nead to be made, such as Duncan in DareDevil. No one else could do it. But he did. And no one else will ever be able to do it now. He made that role his. Halle Berry has never made a good movie. She has co-stared in a few good movies, but she had nothign to do with them being good. Shes hot, thats the only reason she got the roll, that and shell take any part thrown her way as long as the money is there. She was "given" an oscar becasue she was black. Not becasue shes got any talent. Its funny when she was makeing the first X-MEN movie she was complaining about "being reduced to a comic book movie". Wasnt one of her first movies the FLintstones or something? Anyway she is not right for the part, and in my opinion is not worthy of it. I hope this movie bombs. Hell I dont nead to hope, it will. I would also like to know how in the hell this movie cost over $100,000,000? A solitary Catwoman movie shouldnt cost more than $50 million tops. This is outrageous. The only thing this movie will do is hurt Batman, and any chances of a good Superman.

What I want to know is why the hell they even decided on a catwoman movie in the first place.

Its not like she's a big standalone star, she's a supporting character.

The scarey thing is if this bombs, then they wont bother to release another Batman movie because of how bad catwoman did.

But I dont think It will do that bad in the box office. Granted its not a A-grade character, but Halle Berry will carry this film money wise.

Well, Halle is a good actress but I also agree that the costume sucks.

I havent seen any plot or trailer of Catwoman so I can't say it will be a bad movie.

However DC/WB are starting a totally new Catwoman in this film so it maybe end up to be good or worse.Nobody knows.

If u are really looking foward to this movie.Just ignore the comics fans.

They just think about the comics but not a movie.

catwoman is black

Man you got a screw loose, You can't even compare X to Catwoman. And you wanna talk about race casting, Terry ( Al Simmon's best friend ) was black in the Spawn comic's but was white in the movie And Priest a white woman who was supposed to be Chapel a black man. Or Cleapatra played by Liz Tyler ( who's as white as can be ).

I WILL NOT see Catwoman because first of all, it's not Selina Kyle and second because the character is supposed to be white....

Oh and how do you know she's supposed to be white, when it's not even Selina Kyle. it's not Selina Kyle so there's no reason for her to have to be white. So all you're saying is you're gonna boycott a black super hero movie, what are people to think. You need to thank about how you word thing's.

i think that they were jst tring to take a dfferent spin on cat woman.in an interview they said she is just an incarnation of catwoman not the catwoman we knew or know.kinda like vampire slayers ,you do not have just one slayer you have many only we know buffy and( we love buffy and miss her very very much)sorry got off track,you have many different incarnations and different stories.i guess you could say tales of the catwoman.halle said she was bringing her own stuff to the table .i think halle is a great actress she played a great part in monsters ball and i believe she won that oscar on her own not because she was black american but because she played a great part.i did not like her as storm,to me storm is a woman with grace,and great chracter who is as beautiful as the sunset/sunrise in egypt and holds great mystery and strength about her like a egyptitian goddess.but then could you really find someone like that in the real world.the catwoman movie does not seem like it has a great plot.her villian is sharon stone who owns a cosmetics company and she and halle have a huge fight scene at the end of the movie.to dc halle played storm ,storm is someone we all love and know and watched so they figured while she is hot let her play catwoman.the outfit could have been better though.but see the movie for yourself if you like it then who cares what anybody else says.by the way barbershop 2 was funny as hell.

i think this movie will suck. and i think you guys are all nuts.

comparing catwoman to malcolm x? hahahahah malcolm x was a real person! a fictional character can have all sorts of liberties taken without consequences because they don't exist! not to mention, x's race is a very important part of his mythos. catwoman has the capacity to be black; she's even been black before, in the eartha kitt days.

regardless, this movie will suck, and it's not even because of halle berry.

the costume is really really lame. it sucks beyond belief.

as people have already said, there seems to be no connection to the catwoman mythos. kinda like "steel". having catwoman not be in gotham, not connected to batman, not anything from her actual character...it's just not a good idea.

i'll skip it.

Oh and Mike Duncan was great as Kingpin......and if they ever put kingpin on the big screen again....it should be Duncan. @firedevil@

I agree 110% Robbie he was awesome and if anyone didn't see it because of it missed out on a lot, but I believe the Catwoman movie might suck because right now of the costume being the worst I've ever seen, but that is all I think I may change cause Halley Berry is a good actress not saying oscar worthy, but she was great in Monster's Ball