Transformers.com Update!

Stickskiller

Bulkhead should be the new version of springer, but he does look good.

Its hard see any detail on OS. He still is a must get for me. I don't see the need to repaint Signal flare so soon but at least they gave him a new name.

The repaint of Strongarm is awful #yuk@#

@smiletransform@

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Hasbro, why have you forsaken me?

Bulkhead looks really good...the name still puzzles the hell out of(honestly, #WTF# ), mainly because I just associate that word with naval ships...

Hopefully he will have something that is MTMTE. Maybe combine with a larger ship.

Also OS's head is very G1-ish

I hope OS is huge. We need big bots :)

Hasbro's press release says he is 16" tall, just like Unicron.

Quick questions first:

- Why even post repaints?

- Why rename Signal Flare while keeping Strongarm's name the same?

- What wave is going to be released in Summer '04? Wave 4, perhaps?

Quick guess on Bulkhead's name:

- "Springer" is probably in use or at least taken by Jerry Springer.

Now, onto Omega Supreme:

Without better pics to get a closer look at this guy, I'm pretty mixed in my reaction. The figure does look really cool, but there's also some big concerns. I like his G1-ish head and hands, and I'm starting to see the resemblance w/ the bulkier torso section as well. The color placement is a bold step, and something that may grow on me in time. The carrier/gunship mode looks pretty sweet; there's not much to be done w/ a mode like that except pack it w/ guns and electronics since there's no articulation to be had there. The train thingy is where I fall off the bandwagon. I mean, there are NO attempts to conceal the huge wonkin' hip joint between the front and back halves. Also, it looks like (and correctly so) that the back half is just carrying the arm w/ a closed fist to "conceal" its bot mode function. I'm hoping the transformation ends up being much more complex than it looks, 'cause right now it seems like all you do is fold out a couple things on each alt mode and then stick the halves together. <_<

And last, but not least, Bulkhead:

This dude is cool! Clean bot mode, sleek alt mode... what's not to like? Unless of course it's that silly chopper blade gun thingy he's gotta hold in bot mode. I know there's not a whole lot to be done w/ a feature like that, but the prop-gun just doesn't do it for me. I would love to see if they could engineer something where 2 blades each split between the 2 forearms (which would mean the forearms run along the top of the alt mode) and then fold backalong the forearms in alt mode, kinda like the spikes on Batman's gloves. They could even be painted silver to look like sharp blades, which could be used almost like a ninja-slash katana-style weapon! (I'm getting excited about this - I've gotta draw it up now!) :D

All in all though, I'd say the future of Energon is looking as good as ever. #US1#

Its like crap to me, im even more disapointed than i thought that i would be , even my son thinks that it sucks.  i wish that the colors and the vechicles modes  were better, im glad they fired that idiot that was picking the colors for energon, check him out on the allspark.

dude if toys make you that mad you should stop collecting, every post I have seen that you have done is negative.

Its my opinion, take as that. Energon has been a huge disapointment , i just cant get into it, all the figures look terrible, bad colors, preschool type designs, goofy vechile modes, they just suck. @grumpy@

Supreme is awesome, but the pictures for Bulkhead don't include or show that cannon thing we saw on that one test shot on TF Club. Strongarm and Offshoot look really nice as repaints, but why...why more repaints...? :(

Not as if Armada had very few...

Its like crap to me, im even more disapointed than i thought that i would be , even my son thinks that it sucks.  i wish that the colors and the vechicles modes  were better, im glad they fired that idiot that was picking the colors for energon, check him out on the allspark.

dude if toys make you that mad you should stop collecting, every post I have seen that you have done is negative.

Its my opinion, take as that. Energon has been a huge disapointment , i just cant get into it, all the figures look terrible, bad colors, preschool type designs, goofy vechile modes, they just suck. @grumpy@

WOW that sucks that you cant enjoy them like everyone else. I for one think the toys are amazing and wouldnt want them to resemble the exact same color schemes as older toys. Thats how they go stale.

But it is always nice to have a difference of opinion, unfortunately its costing you the love of TF :(

Omega looks awesome to me and I really like the other guys as well. So far Energon is shapping up to be an Awesome line.

All you collectors that speak bad about it just have to remember that it is NOT G1 and never will be. Armada and Energon were created for kids, not 25 and 30 year olds. That is what the reissues are for. So if you dont like it, fine, dont buy it.

Armada and Energon were created for kids, not 25 and 30 year olds.

Actually I think Energon has kids and older collectors in mind since every thing has a G1 nod to it.

Well a G1 nod is just that, a nod. Giving classic names and using a slightly classic look is a good way to recognize your roots and attract older collectors. But Hasbro bread and butter are not collectors, but rather parents buy toys that there kids want. So while the new line may have a nod th the past, it will still be designed for kids.

Thanks Stick :)

Dev, I agree but I think TF has a lot more adult collectors than normal lines. Otherwise 2 companies couldnt be doing reissues. I fully agree the kids are number one but I truely feel older collectors are a major influence in the creation.

Omega doesn't look bad, but still not what I was expecting. I guess I expected it to be more G1 than it really is. Half of it almost looks like the space ship Macross from the Macross series. That, combined with Shockblast's head, makes me thing Hasbro might be seeing how far they can push Harmony Gold, who's notoriously lawsuit-happy.

Bulk Head looks much better colored and apparently transformed better than the early test shot. I like enough to want one now.

Offshot and Strongarm: pass....

Thanks Stick :)

Dev, I agree but I think TF has a lot more adult collectors than normal lines. Otherwise 2 companies couldnt be doing reissues. I fully agree the kids are number one but I truely feel older collectors are a major influence in the creation.

I agree, we do have some influance, other wise like you said both Takara and Hasbro would not have so many reissues and woul dnot bother to have the G1 nod. Its just that I think when it comes to the bottem line, the collectors take a back seat to kids. So you just have to remember that while we are important to Hasbro, we are not the most important. And because of that a TF may not look quite the way we want it to because ultimatly it is marketed for a kid.

So over all I think we are on the same page, and i think that we should just enjoy the fact that TF are still around.

I can't even view the pics!

they wont show up.

all i see is the text describing each fig and when its coming out.

bloody........

nevermind.... my comp was lagging...

strong arm didnt need a repaint, imo the colours dont suit him

wouldnt mind picking up the signal flare repaint since i dont have the original yet anyways.

bulk head is very cool.

omega supreme is quite an intersting looking fig.

hope the price for him is reasonable.

his starship mode resembles tidal wave.

OMEGA SUPREME IS OMEGA SUPER KEEN! >__<

My love for Energon is so strong, I think I even want to buy those Hawaiian Punch repaints. But when you're talking about repaints, why paint them so awkwardly?

I mean... Not to toot my own horn but...

hound12345.jpg

Tom

bah... the colors are horrid.. and the transformations are even worse lol

just.. Why do the toys need to be so basic? look at the train onewith the crane on the back, you dont even do anything to it. just flip up the front of the train part. and open the crane claw.

unless this thing can walk, the original is twice the toy this will ever be, and the original was designed by some no name company 20 years ago @loll@

Admittedly I'm not really surprised with the look of him, a bit of Gen-1 Omega Supreme twisted into a new flavour, which is nice. Remember people, not G1 ;)

It looks like my guess of a Battleship in the blurry art sketch thread was spot on, I'm not disappointed with him at all. The pictures are a little small at this point and I'd like to see some bigger shots and close-up shots before I make too much of a decision on him. From the pics that are shown however, he doesn't look half bad.

Stickskiller, I don't see how you can think that he looks like Prime in any way because he doesn't. That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but I think you're way off spot on that one bro ;)

It'll be interesting to see what "special features" and gimmicks Hasbro has incorporated into this figure, I hope they didn't go to gung-ho with them.

Maybe he'll say "Omega Supreme - Angry! Constructicons - Die!" because, may we ever forget, this is supposed to be Generation One # 2 @haha@

Tom

I love the homage to G1 Omega Supreme since he was always one of my favorites. Before the prototype pics were released I was hoping and praying he would turn into a city/base since it's been so long since we have had one. I release that it probably will never happen becuz of those silly "drop-tests" (probably a city/base would be possible if it could split into smaller components....that's why G1 Metroplex or Fortress Maximus cant come out here in the US - since they're one large brick of plastic). The train and battleship aspect of E Omega is cool....I am not super-wild about a crane...but meh...its ok.

The ONLY thing I dont like is the color scheme. It's not the colors....its how they PLACED them. Since its VERY obvious Omega splits straight down the middle, I dont like how the colors make that more obvious. I'd rather have a UNIFIED color scheme over both the crane and battleship mode. Right now, he looks a bit Frankenstein-ish because it looks like two random colored vehicles were slapped together to contstruct him. I want him badly.....I am just worried if I buy him this summer, that later in the winter or in '05 I will hear that Hasbro is repainting him...perhaps in better color scheme. I NEVER woulda believed they would repaint Unicron so quickly.........but they did.

i realy like this figure! omega supreme looks like a tough figure! and i can almost guarantee that everyone of you that say you wont have it will get it! and i am also wondering how he will combine with prime! the basics suck! i never liked signal flare, and the colors of strongarm look feminen!