Energon Figs

jarethke

Either Hasbro is using cheap stuff or I'm out of luck. I have never ever broken a TF (heck, my RID Magnus fell a couple of feet on to hard floor and yet there is not a visible dent). As for Energon figs, I have made it a priority to point out areas of fragility based on my experience with them.

1. Energon Starscream: The arm connector is weak and susceptible to breaking, especially during transformation to robot mode. Do not use excessive force.

2. Energon Skyblast: His wings are made of relatively crappy plastic and if you're not careful while flipping them around, they break right of his arm and it can never be fixed unless you're lucky.

3. Energon Cruellock: I have not had a problem yet, but I lean towards issuing a good, healthy warning to anyone with the dino head: do not overbend it or place excessive stress on the plastic as it might cause it to snap!

Anyways, it's a warning as much as it is a rant that Energon figs are cool but cheapo. If anyone feels they can add to this, please enlighten us all. And if anyone has similar experiences or words of advice, then that might be nice, too.

I've got skyblast, doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the wings.....hell, i pulled em off and switched which arm they were on (only one side had colouring, i wanted it to show in bot mode)....my only beef with hasbro's figure quality is the quality of the paint job...leaves a fair bit to be desired. @smilepunch@

I've got skyblast, doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the wings.....hell, i pulled em off and switched which arm they were on (only one side had colouring, i wanted it to show in bot mode)....my only beef with hasbro's figure quality is the quality of the paint job...leaves a fair bit to be desired. @smilepunch@

Lol i did the same thing.

I thought it was pretty cheap of them to not paint the other side as well.

The only problem I had with Starscream was a little looseness in the elbows for certain poses, but that was easily fixed.

How?? Mine has the same problem.

Also, the only figure(s) that feel cheap to me thus far are/is Perceptor. The paint apps missing on his Mini-Con components compared to the pic on the card back are pretty major stuff, actually. Ball joints have popped off easily too - and they don't get better w/ age!

First I loosened the screws in Starscreams upper arm enough to remove the forearms. Then I put a thin coating of Superglue around the pins on the elbows. Then after making good and sure the glue has COMPLETELY dried, I reassembled the arms. Clear nail polish will work as well.

I also put a tiny drop of Superglue in the hole in Ravages scope and spread it around using a paperclip so it'll stay on the Powerlinx pegs better. As I noted earlier I have one on each of Starscream's PL pegs. Looks really cool in Hypermode. And fitting since he's the only other character whos G1 counterpart has weilded Megatron in gun mode. (And off topic, Screamer has a really cool profile on the Hasbro website which reflects his character development on the show)