Want Cobra Troopers?

Forcehunter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know who the scalpers are, and so do you. They're not always the first guy to find the newest wave on the pegs, but they sometimes are.

Forcehunter called the J-Team about a problem in the Jacksonvile scene, we thank Forcehunter for his information. Through grassroots, trading, and cost+shipping to those who can't find it, we ARE finding everything we need, but that doesn't mean the scalpers are safe.

Until next time - Punching Scalpers in the chest so hard they shoulders touch ...

Look out Fitty cent, You have met your match!

sacagawea_dollar.jpg

@loll@

Haha! @lol@

We could start an anti-anti-scalper group, and call it the INDIAN Outlaws. @wink@

Forcehunter called the J-Team about a problem in the Jacksonvile scene, we thank Forcehunter for his information.

J-Team? @lol@

So, do you guys, like, go into Wally-Worlds and TRU's, in full out Sandtrooper gear, yelling things like, "Red Team, GO! Red Team, GO!" and "Alpha group, we have a perp in aisle twelve, buying the last Cobra Infantry 6 pk. He's 4'10, 85 lbs, and wearing a pokemon shirt...approximate age: 12. Take this bastard down!"? @lol@

Through grassroots, trading, and cost+shipping to those who can't find it, we ARE finding everything we need, but that doesn't mean the scalpers are safe.

Yeah, and through the Outsiders campaign, I've been able to get the 2 infantry packs I wanted. What's your point? @wink@

Until next time - Punching Scalpers in the chest so hard they shoulders touch ...

Ya know? I kinda took it as a joke when I saw your first couple of posts, and was just jokin around with you, but now I realize you really do think there is some kind of war going on between your "coalition" and toy scalpers. @lol@

I don't even know what to say, all I can do is just chuckle over the thought of a bunch of men entering TRU's and Walmarts, like they're some sort of regulators or gang, and it's a turf war between them and the evil "scalpers." haha @lol@ ahhhh.....

Uhhhhh.......... I don't know what happened here, but I just want to state that I just wanted some help from sandtroopers.com members to help me find some extra packs. That's all. They have helpped me with the Target B-Wing a few years back, so i thought i would try again. I dunno how it lead to this. I don't remember this style, but they are good at helpping find stuff.

Ok, so everyone knows the call for unity and that is good. It was NOT my intention to mention this, but due to MANY recent e-mails about an ugly practice, I'm calling it out. Sandtroopers NEVER wants to take a stance of attempting to tell anyone what they should do or how to collect, but are we just fooling ourselves? Let me clarify, the whole UNITY thing is to bring collectors and site owners as well as staff all to the "same page" in terms of helping each other out with the very reason we are here: COLLECTING. The scalping issue has become a "feel good" thing to those that would voice an opposition to it. Well that is fine and dandy, but when I hear of the VERY PEOPLE bashing scalpers from one hand while putting fresh new figures on E-Pay with the other hand, that is just plain ridiculous. If you are doing this, you REALLY are NOT helping anything. Sandtroopers is NOT against putting items on Ebay for sale/profit, but what we are standing against is that when a BRAND NEW toy comes out and is grabbed off the shelf to be put on Ebay, that is just a greedy practice.

Before Ebay things went like this:

Consumer has been waiting for new toy.

Consumer goes to store.

Consumer sees new toy.

Consumer gets that warm fuzzy feeling of collection enhancement.

Consumer makes purchase and is happy (The purchase is made at fair retail market intended price point).

Now that we have Ebay, here's how it is:

Consumer has been waiting for new toy.

Consumer goes to store.

Consumer finds nothing.

Consumer is upset.

Vulture has swooped in to intercept the consumers right to purchase new product from the shelf.

Vulture then offers new product on Ebay for a stupid amount of money.

Consumer either pays the vulture's price, waits for more product to arrive and hopes to find it or even worse... leaves this hobby.

There shouldn't be the extra step that the "vulture" adds to our buying process, he is taking what is rightfully intended for the Star Wars collecting consumer and making a profit from it. To hear that some people that fly the UNITY flag are doing the same thing is REALLY disturbing. I feel that this is a situation that we can NEVER win. Sandtroopers has gotten some heat (from other "helpful" sites) over troops getting extra figs and offering them to others for cost plus shipping, I SAY CONTINUE THIS PRACTICE OF COST PLUS SHIPPING WITH ALL ABANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!! We must adapt people!!!!!!!! If this is how we can take this hobby back, THEN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to help and you are so inclined, get a fig for yourself and get one extra to offer another trooper. This process has been effective to the max at Sandtroopers, I have had 1000's of e-mails from real people that say so and are SO HAPPY with this process!!! If you think that one should only get 1 fig for ones self and that will stop the scalping, then you are old school and outdated. We must combat this effectively, so far this is the only way that has been proven. I don't mean to come across as "militant", but hey..we are SANDTROOPERS! Do what you want troops, it is up to you.....

The fight rages on.....

United, We Find!

Pushing Scalpers to the left so hard, they hearts end up in the right side of they chest

um Jason there makes great points, i do that for a local friend of mine and a friend in Canada, by getting them stuff,. And try to help some people .

um Jason there makes great points, i do that for a local friend of mine and a friend in Canada, by getting them stuff,. And try to help some people .

Valid points, Sandtooper Jason, if that was your first post we would have gotten off on the right foot. Oh well, Jason's a nice guy after we talked it's all good. #US1#

Thanks Mart' and SKA,'

Unify!

And, Fred, Uncle George is still a Sandtrooper, but he is on assignment, performing a 'sweep and clear' of the scalping element on the enchanted island of Puerto Rico!

Now, a special V-day wish :)

scalpervalentine2004.gif

Thanks Mart' and SKA,'

Unify!

And, Fred, Uncle George is still a Sandtrooper, but he is on assignment, performing a 'sweep and clear' of the scalping element on the enchanted island of Puerto Rico!

scalpervalentine2004.gif

but question, when visiting your site, i see a huge thing for BRIANS TOYS why support them when they are huge Scalpers. So i am confused.

Thanks Skarapz,

About Brian's Toys (which was also brought up earlier), Brian Semling helped get Sandtroopers.com off the ground in early 2000 and he continues to advertise (and support our efforts) at our site. Brian also buys direct. What I can say about the high prices on items is - vote with your dollars and buy elsewhere when appropriate. I've found more and more that many of the e-tailers charge that increasing finders' fee and there are times to know when this is the way to go or not.

Thanks Skarapz,

About Brian's Toys (which was also brought up earlier), Brian Semling helped get Sandtroopers.com off the ground in early 2000 and he continues to advertise (and support our efforts) at our site. Brian also buys direct. What I can say about the high prices on items is - vote with your dollars and buy elsewhere when appropriate. I've found more and more that many of the e-tailers charge that increasing finders' fee and there are times to know when this is the way to go or not.

Ok, but he gets TRU exclusives and puts them up and wants like a crap load of money. How is that helping people. He is the exact thing you are against. Thats like MADD having Alcohol ads on their website and pamplets.

Thanks Mart' and SKA,'

Unify!

scalpervalentine2004.gif

I remember Collazo's toy (sales) website from a few years ago.

Yes, I do....

That's why Sandtroopers gets no love from me.