Cobra Ranks: Perhaps The "official"word.

ARROW

Okay,a month or so ago, someone asked for this and I just found it:

A warning: this is going to surprise some people, but it comes directly from the source--Hasbro--via the 12" Hall of Fame Cobra Commander booklet which I have in my hand as I type this, so for what its worth:

DEPARTMENT OF DESTRUCTION COBRA HANDBOOK: Operations Manual

The rank structures are as follows:

From highest to lowest rank (Ranking numerology is Hasbro's) ( some have been rearranged as they were listed out of sequence.)

00-Emperor

0-Commander

1-Destro

1-Zartan

1-Firefly

1-Crimson Guard Commanders

2-Major Bludd

2 1/2-Drednoks ( no joke!)

2 -Crimson Guard

2-Ninja leaders

2-COBRA Officers

3-Flak-Vipers

3-HEAT-Vipers

3-Eco-Warriors

3- Nightcreepers

4-Air Commandos

4 Snow Serpents

5-EELS

5- Night -Vipers

6-Vipers

6-B.A.T.S.

Okay, this answers a question or two, but it also raises about a dozen other questions. Obviously it was created in/around 1991 because of some of the sub-lines mentioned ( Eco Warriors and Air Commandos) so its time-locked in that sense. It obviously does not address any figure additions to the line past the 1992 time-frame.

It does not address where Dr. Mindbender, or Baroness fit in, nor Storm Shadow--though in SS's case he may not have an actual rank. It does not address where a variety of COBRA personalities, such as Copperhead, Scrap-Iron, Croc-Master etc, etc, fit into the scheme of things. It certainly does NOT address where the COBRA soldiers fit into the scheme of things ( perhaps at this point they don't exist--having been replaced by VIPERS??)

Its the most "official" ranking structure yet shown, none others having been leveled thus far, but I doubt its going to satisfy anyone.

--Ken

hmm.....I'm surprised to see Zartan and the Dreadnoks on this list. I always thought they were more "free-lance" types.

Yeah, but the dreadnoks did hold more sway with CC than some nameless troops, using the revenge of cobra mini-series as a reference.

I would assume that Baroness is level one, right there with Destro, Same with SS. I would even go as far as saying Zarana is level one along w/ Zartan, because if I recall she was close w/ CC, even closer than CC was with Baroness as far as internal confidants go.