Okay, I'm Gonna Attempt To Cheer Myself Up Here...

Devilbat

Okay...as you all may know, I'm really ticked-off at Hasbro right now. As much as I've defended them over the last couple of years, they've just pushed me too far with VvsV Wave 4 or whatever wave the craptacular neon one is coming up. But as I had stated in that other thread, I finally got a Patriot Grizzly the other night at Wal-Mart. It was the very last one they had left, and it was on clearance. Now it wasn't a bargain like the ones at Target, but hey; I got it for 19 bucks instead of 35, so I didn't do too shabby I thought...

But this thing is really nice. It has great colors, awesome details in the sculpting, and at has some action features that make sense for a tank and are nice. I had no idea you could load the missiles into the launcher and fire them. The only thing I was disappointed in, if you could call it true disappointment, was the fact that the treads don't move; they are immobile and have plastic wheels under them, like the H.I.S.S./H.I.S.S. III. But that's no big deal really. It's truly an awesome tank that I'm very pleased with, and it is worthy of the name G.I. Joe. I'd hold it up to any RAH vehicle.

...but the first thing I did when I got it home was tear off that Wild Bill sticker from the driver's seat. (lol) Hasbro really outdid themselves on this thing, and I wish there were more cool vehicles like this out there for GvsC/VvsV. I just can't decide if I want Switch-Gears or Grunt to drive it. I think Grunt would look the coolest, the version that came with the Battle Blitz or whatever and had that cool helmet with the goggles. He just looks like a bad-@$$ tank driver, moreso than Switch-Gears IMO. (See? I can be positive!) (lol)

I think the Leatherneck that's coming with the new MECHS would look cool with the PC! ;)

a8_1.JPG

I still haven't got one...I was waiting for the price to go down at Target, and I missed the boat, er tank. I see 'em on ebay for $10 - $15, but add $10+ for shipping and it doesn't seem worth it...

Maybe someday... :D

I still haven't got one...I was waiting for the price to go down at Target, and I missed the boat, er tank. I see 'em on ebay for $10 - $15, but add $10+ for shipping and it doesn't seem worth it...

Maybe someday... :D

Check Target bro cause I got mine from the on clearance for $8.74

I think the Leatherneck that's coming with the new MECHS would look cool with the PC! ;)

a8_1.JPG

Geeze'o Pete that thing looks sweet. Another diamond in the rough, so to speak. I've been waiting for new Joe and Cobra mechs for a long time. Finally!

Okay...I think the anger is subsiding a little...(lol)

DB,have you seen the Talon Jet mold as well?It resembles the F-22 Raptor and look terrific.

If there's one thing that Hasbro has been solidly improving on in both terms of mold design and paint colors,it's the vehicles.IMO,the Night Adder ('cept for its handle),Pirahna Boat,and even the new Mechs sport some great designs and paint colors as well...which is why I have good hopes that the Talon Jet will reflect a 'realistic' paint scheme.

Don't give up on G.I. Joe just yet,buddy! ;)

DB,have you seen the Talon Jet mold as well?It resembles the F-22 Raptor and look terrific.

If there's one thing that Hasbro has been solidly improving on in both terms of mold design and paint colors,it's the vehicles.IMO,the Night Adder ('cept for its handle),Pirahna Boat,and even the new Mechs sport some great designs and paint colors as well...which is why I have good hopes that the Talon Jet will reflect a 'realistic' paint scheme.

Don't give up on G.I. Joe just yet,buddy! ;)

Yeah dude, I've actually seen it. And yes I'll agree; it does look promising, I will admit.

I haven't totally given up just yet. It's just that the VvsV Wave 12(?) pics are really discouraging to me, and I've taken a big blow. But I'm not down for the count yet! Thanks for the encouragement though, bud. Never has "Cobra Commander" seemed so benevolent to me before. (lol)

I think the Leatherneck that's coming with the new MECHS would look cool with the PC!  ;)

a8_1.JPG

Now this Leatherneck is a rare instance when a VvV figure is vastly superior to a RAH version.

I actually agree with you here. I don't really care for any RAH Laetherneck's but this one is cool imo.

Draven #US1#

Yeah I took love the Patriot Grizzly. Infact the Desert Attack Chopper and this tank are probably the two best things to come out of the JvC line in my opinion.

They are both displayed proudly on my shelf. This is surely one instance where all the gimmicktry works, I love the launchers, the red spot light on the DAC, holding the DAC like a gun, and the cool sounds on the tank itself. I've complimented both of them with oil drums and tank shell crates from Build-a-Rama and the whole dio looks awesome.

Anyone that knows me though, knows I'm old school. So I treat the DAC as the new modernized Tomahawk and I have Lift-Ticket & Lifeline as my crew. Likewise I look at the Grizzly as the new modernized Mauler and fittingly I have Heavy Metal driving it with his co-pilot and tank driver Bazooka :D

...but the first thing I did when I got it home was tear off that Wild Bill sticker from the driver's seat. (lol) I just can't decide if I want Switch-Gears or Grunt to drive it.

That's too funny, the first thing I did was rip off that damn sticker too. Not only did it look ugly, but there is no way I'm putting Wild Bill in a tank (isn't it interesting that on the picture on the back of the box that sticker says "Duke" instead of "Wild Bill"?)

Switch Gears was made to ride in this tank. He's perfect because all that sticks out of the hole is his head and chest. You'll never have to see those ugly pants again!

Louis

http://gijoe-comic.tripod.com

...isn't it interesting that on the picture on the back of the box that sticker says "Duke" instead of "Wild Bill"?

Yeah man. Sometimes I think Hasbro's clueless sometimes. Why not have Jinx pilot an orange Rattler? Brilliant!! (lol)

I'm kinda concerned about something though; in the right-hand seat compartment on the front of the PG, there's one of those wires holding the canopy shut, and I have no clue as to how to get it off. I tried pulling on the canopy, but I thought I was gonna break it! But also I haven't actually opened the dang thing to see if you can un-tie it from the bottom somewhere...oh wait; yep, there it is! (lol)

a8_1.JPG

This Grunt is awesome, he definately looks like a bad @$$ tank driver. He'll be my choice for the PG.