Who Will You Army Build?

MattMan91

The only thing that I know 100% I will army build is the Snow Serpent

and the Swamp Rat, and perhaps the Eel. Other than that I could maybe seeing if it goes on clearance is the Neuro Toxin and the Razor Troopers. The B.A.T.S at this point look horrible

Zero. And I'm not saying that because I'm so utterly disgusted with Hasbro right now. I just don't see anything I'd want to army build with those waves.

Well, I may consider that new B.A.T., even though he's been WAY over-done lately. How many versions are we up to now, 14? (lol) And I might do a few of the Razor troopers, but not many. Personally I see the Neurotoxin/Sand Scorpion as striclty a repaint and not a new character/troop-builder. As mad as I am at Hasbro right now, I LOVE the colors on that figure. Much better than Sand Scorpion, although he's cool too. A bright spot amidst what I see as a dark time for G.I. Joe.

Swamp Rat to me, seems like an individual character so I wont army build him. I see him as a Venom expirament that went wrong and now stalks around the swamps outside of Cobra HQ. Not really following CC's orders bit still helps cobra out from time to time

I really need some Cobra frogmen but I just don't care for the Day glow Eels. I will deinaly pick up 1 but if i like him enough I might get 4 or 5. I'd really like to see this figure painted in Grey Black and Red, like his RAH counter part.

Nothing else appeals to me to army build. THANK GOD! My wallet needs a rest.

Really other than building up my VvV Vipers, I don't think i want to build any other troops. Unless they come out with a VvV Cobra troop (like the infantry pack) I don't know that i will ever "army build" any more. I might amass small squads of 2-6 here and there but as far as getting 12 or more of one fig, I think I may be done.

Venomous Maximus is, obviously, an individual, and the leader of the V-Troops, based on reports.

Razor Claw is an individual. The Razor Troopers are his army.

Neurotoxin is an individual. The Sand Scorpions are his army.

The Jury's out on Swamp Rat and Electric Eel for the moment.

I still say that the Snow Serpent repaint will be Snow Serpents, packed with Snow Wolf, a V-troop, making that pack an army builder. I *know* The Snow Cat name is wrong, in any case.

As far as thing I will army build: The new BATS will be SAATs to me: Sneak Attack Android Troopers. Smaller than a normal BAT, and controlled directly by Overkill to be swift, and accurate. Unlike the normal "Kill, Destroy, Fire" BATs programming, these guys can be set on actual missions, doing meticulous actions, and coming back unscathed. If, however, their antannae are severed, and their link to Overkill severed, they revert to typical "Rend, Mayhem, Babble-on" programming, and simply attack everything in their vicinity.

That reminds me, I gotta get some of those APCs, and bulk up my normal BAT army.. and here's hoping the new Overkill is cool!

I've also got my sights on one for a Billy custom leg.

I've got 4 of the 2002 Snow Serpents, so I might army build these in greater numbers, makign the four originals officers (officers tend to be gray, or have gray highlights, in my world). Then if I can find two or thre Polar Blast snowmobiles, I think I'll have a nice looking Cobra Arctic Army.

I won't army build V-Troops. I think they'll look cool as a team, but as an army,,, nah. In my world, they're a small handful of experiments, and that's it.

Hopefully some of the Wave 4 "Cobras" we havent gotten names for yet will be decent troops. But otherwise, I'm only buying "one per" of VvV, and army bulding only what fits into the GvC line. Snow Serpents do that, BATs can be made to fit, but otherwise, there's a lot of incompatibility between these two lines, and I'm not ready to change over just yet.

I'll pry get a few dupes on these:

Neurotoxin, swamp rat and razor troopers.

they, along with sand scorpions and razor claw make up my Coil armies....

Zero. And I'm not saying that because I'm so utterly disgusted with Hasbro right now. I just don't see anything I'd want to army build with those waves.

Well, I may consider that new B.A.T., even though he's been WAY over-done lately. How many versions are we up to now, 14? (lol) And I might do a few of the Razor troopers, but not many. Personally I see the Neurotoxin/Sand Scorpion as striclty a repaint and not a new character/troop-builder. As mad as I am at Hasbro right now, I LOVE the colors on that figure. Much better than Sand Scorpion, although he's cool too. A bright spot amidst what I see as a dark time for G.I. Joe.

Well, multiple versions of a trooper aren't too bad. We have 17 versions of Duke, Cobra Commander and Snake-Eyes too.