Anyone Completed Collecting

Ren

So far I've got Short-Fuze, Scarlett, and Rock and Roll complete.

Any one actually own the entire series? If so how much did it set you back? (Of course I mean loose, not MOC, I wish I meant MOC.)

I'm looking for a complete straight arm Breaker with decent paint, he was my first joe, strong memories, and I haven't found one that meets my criteria, if you know of one, please let me know, thanks.

I have all the original 82-83's in swivel arm form but I never cared for the strait arm versions. Not only can the not move their arms to well, but their waists are way too big. But more power to you if that's what you want to collect. I wish you luck.

I have the complete first series straight arms including the mail in cc. I bought all of these figures new in 1982. As far as what it cost, I used to buy them from a store called GEMCO for something like $2.50 each. I've had them for over 20 years and are the pride of my collection.

I have all the original 82-83's in swivel arm form but I never cared for the strait arm versions. Not only can the not move their arms to well, but their waists are way too big. But more power to you if that's what you want to collect. I wish you luck.

That's very true. But I would like both versions, eventually. One for "extreme poses" and the other for museum quality display.

Thanks for the kind words! #US1#

I have the complete first series straight arms including the mail in cc. I bought all of these figures new in 1982. As far as what it cost, I used to buy them from a store called GEMCO for something like $2.50 each. I've had them for over 20 years and are the pride of my collection.

Lucky you not all of us are 20 thank GOD for Ebay!

That's awesome!!!!!:o:o The straight arms I had were completely destroyed through the years. Now the earliest Joe I have kept from childhoos was the Falcon Glider Grunt and a straight arm stalker that are completely in pieces, missing a arm here, a head or thigh there, oh well they were well- loved and went on many special missions with the newer joes until they sacrificed themselves for the greater good. (or bad :unsure: @sad@ @sad@ )

I got all my straight arm figures on accident really... I got back into collecting in 2001, and just started picking things up on eBay and places like Brian's Toys and GIJoeforsale. I won an auction of Zap, Scarlet, Rock N' Roll, Grunt, Flash, and Breaker that came like C-8/C-9 with all thier accessores for $40. I didn't realize from the picture until after I got them that they were straight arm and not swivel. After that, I just picked the rest of the '82 figures up one by one, all for bewteen $10 and $15 each.

#US1#

I got all my straight arm figures on accident really... I got back into collecting in 2001, and just started picking things up on eBay and places like Brian's Toys and GIJoeforsale. I won an auction of Zap, Scarlet, Rock N' Roll, Grunt, Flash, and Breaker that came like C-8/C-9 with all thier accessores for $40. I didn't realize from the picture until after I got them that they were straight arm and not swivel. After that, I just picked the rest of the '82 figures up one by one, all for bewteen $10 and $15 each.

#US1#

Awesome Auction, you got a great deal on those!!! Hopefully I'll stumble upon one of those in the near future, but that was probably a one in a million auction, right place right time kinda deal, with my luck.

Yeah, I picked up all the straight-arm figures a couple of years ago. That's what got me back into collecting.

The first Joe I had as a kid was a straight-arm Rock N' Roll and I loved it.

A few years ago, I decided I wanted to collect all the straight-arms again. Then it went on from there.

They're not as fun to play with, but I think they're still my favorites, for sentimental reasons...

I wish I was 20. I have had these straight arms for over 20 years, but i was 11 yrs old in '82 when I started collecting G.I. joe

As far as what it cost, I used to buy them from a store called GEMCO for something like $2.50 each.

Ah Gemco. I haven't heard that name in a long while. I got some of my figures from them when I was a kid. Before there was Target, there was Gemco.

I have none, but will strat buying the MOC's of this series when I have some cash and finish completing my 1984 series

Money! You're gonna end up with the premier joe moc collection. You need to put a website up with collection pics so I can drool like Homer Simpson and admire your collection. Hope I don't get into a bidding war with you! I'll lose for sure lol.

I wish I was 20. I have had these straight arms for over 20 years, but i was 11 yrs old in '82 when I started collecting G.I. joe

Huh isn't that true. I was 3 when I got my first Breaker, So by the time time I was 11 or so I had damn near every joe up to and including the Terrordrome! Too bad most died of battle wounds and major vehicle/playset accidents :unsure::(

As far as what it cost, I used to buy them from a store called GEMCO for something like $2.50 each.

Ah Gemco. I haven't heard that name in a long while. I got some of my figures from them when I was a kid. Before there was Target, there was Gemco.

And Woolworth's and Clark's Drugs here in So-Cal. Don't forget when Sears and Mervyn's had bangin' Joe sections!!!!

I have none, but will strat buying the MOC's of this series when I have some cash and finish completing my 1984 series

Money! You're gonna end up with the premier joe moc collection. You need to put a website up with collection pics so I can drool like Homer Simpson and admire your collection. Hope I don't get into a bidding war with you! I'll lose for sure lol.

@smilepunch@ No I will actually be pretty gradual about my purchases :) But I will post pics when I get a chance :)

So far, I have Spirit, Mutt, SS, and Quick Kick. Next up will be a MOC Blowtorch I think :)

I've tried to get a vast expanse of RAH eras. I've got Accessory pack #1, a very close to mint punched Storm Shadow v1, Buzzer, Footloose, and an unpunched Chuckles, all MOC, but I would gladly trade them all AND my left foot for a complete Series 1 moc collection. Even with a dent in the cards here and there....Takers anyone?? <_<:D

I have all of them and they set me back 3 to 6 bucks per figure. I call it creative collecting :)

How did you pull that one off? Searchin' for wrongly described ebay auctions? You're talkin' 'bout loose, of course. If you got MOC's that cheap, I'd be pullin' my hair out right now!!

I have all of them and they set me back 3 to 6 bucks per figure.  I call it creative collecting :)

How did you pull that one off? Searchin' for wrongly described ebay auctions? You're talkin' 'bout loose, of course. If you got MOC's that cheap, I'd be pullin' my hair out right now!!

No...just the loose guys. It takes an initial investment, though. I buy lots and resell the figures I don't want to keep. Actually, come to think about it, I have never paid a penny for any GI Joe I have.

I have all of them and they set me back 3 to 6 bucks per figure.  I call it creative collecting :)

No...just the loose guys. It takes an initial investment, though. I buy lots and resell the figures I don't want to keep. Actually, come to think about it, I have never paid a penny for any GI Joe I have.

Yeah but that's the smart way to do it....No angry g/f's or wifes going that route. #US1#