Statues And Busts, Why Or Why Not?

jeffbohn

Scam?

That's taking things pretty far.

I have the Zartan mini-statue and I love it.

I think the sculpt, detailing and paintjob are all amazing. I'll never see that level of artistry or detail in an action figure. I've been especially unhappy with the look of the JvC versions of Zartan in particular.

I collect characters I enjoy. I'm not a completist for any line.

I love the look of the new Snake Eyes mini-statue which I might pick up.

I'm definitely getting the Firefly bust one of these days. I mean wow. That one's perfect to me.

I'd be really happy if they put out a visored Cobra Commander mini statue (the bust was just too much of a tease!) and a Baroness mini ( I didn't like the glasses or the likeness on the bust).

I'd also love to see a Tomax & Xamot mini-statue combo!! @twins@

I have all the busts and I enjoy collecting them very much. My firefly should come today in the mail. So now I gotta change my setup.......the statues are cool but I collect the busts and really don't feel like spending the money to pick up the statues. I may get the snake-eyes....but I don't know.

I'll continue collecting the busts as long are Palisades keeps making them .

I have all of the mini-busts, mini-statues and statues that have come out so far. I think they are great and I love to display them. As soon as I can figure out how to post some pics I will.

statues and bust are justtoo expensive for me to collect at the moment.

Same here, I would rather spend the money on RAH. But those staues and busts are beautiful pieces of art that I would love to own, and I think they would complement my display of RAH and lend a more "adult collection" credibility to my Joes. (even though that's not a real concern to me, I think it might help others see my joes in a whole new light.)

I have the Cobra Commander, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow mini-busts. I managed to get them for about half price (~$20) which was great. I think these are the best ones - the other ones I don't care for too much. The Firefly bust also looks wicked, though, but now I'm waiting again to see if I can get one on sale ;)

I buy the mini busts, not interested in the statues (too static/boring poses) or life size busts (just too big!).

I have all of the regular mini busts, just got firefly last week, not interested in exclusives because they they are kinda.. blah... I have the regular versions already plus it gets monotonous having two of everyone on display. I buy them because they are like trophies that capture the essence of each character, I will always have the figures as toys but these are just cool representations kinda like art on my desk just something neat to look at not necessarily play with. They are the perfect size, small enough to display a lot of them next to each other yet big enough to show detail even from far away unlike any figures. And they look a lot better then anything else put out its a shame palisades cant sculp the new figures in the same style for hasbro even as a seperate line from the gimicky ones.

I have the Cobra Commander, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow mini-busts. I managed to get them for about half price (~$20) which was great. I think these are the best ones - the other ones I don't care for too much. The Firefly bust also looks wicked, though, but now I'm waiting again to see if I can get one on sale ;)

I'd probably pick up a lot more if they were around $20 range,that's a great price to me,I just don't have the money to spend on little mini-busts when I could blow $40 on Joe figures themselves (or Transformers).

I'd love to own more of them,but like I said...price is the main subtraction to me.

I like them. They look pretty neat and the variants are kinda cool.

While Im not opposed at all to owning them. I simply dont have the money nor the display space for them. I barely can keep up with the RAH re-issues and Transformers that grab my fancy as it is.

But credit where it's due, they're very nice and Im glad GI Joe collecting has grown beyond simply action figures. It means something I like has really grabbed hold of the psyche of an entire generation enough to make them.

They're perfectly fine and look cool enough.

I just have no interest in them myself. I army build, so about the time I would evn consider possibly buying something like that, my army building mentality would grab hold, and remind me of what the money could be better spent on. ;)

They make G.I.Joe pens and shampoo containers too, so what do I care if they make them or not? It just puts the characters in the minds of mORE people with different tastes, and therefor a demand for the figures in whole.

The detail and care given to these things is awesome. The Cobra Commander mini-bust is just so friggin' cool looking... Palisades manages to really nail the likenesses of these things. You can really tell they put a lot into them. If only Hasbro put this much effort into getting things 'right'. The white stripe on CC's helmet for example (like the cartoon).. details like this that a lot of Hasbro's newer offerings seem to lack.