New Joker Revealed!!!

therewasme

I reckon [from the look of the figure] that there gonna make his voice stupid crazy [You know, like saying a stupid little ultra crazy mumble in the start, middle and end of every sentence] "We've got to Myaa! kill the Myaa! BATMAN!!!! Cackle cackle cackle."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoah, just looked at it a bit more closely.... Look at his torso!!!

They've made him all hunched and way shorter and more built than the joker we all know and love.

I hate this. Alot.

I like the look of Batman quite a bit. It is very reminiscent of the art in "Year one" to me. The Joker looks great, although I agree the hair seems outrageous. Maybe it translates better in the cartoon, or will look a little better when the actual toy gets made.

I will definately be buying this line, that is if I can find them anywhere and Mattel doesn't short-pack all the main figures for "Malibu-Batman" and "Ski patrol sky shadow under-sea garbage barge Saturday night fever Batman".

P.S.- I've said it before and I'll say it again... all I care about is - What does the Batmobile look like???!!!

Yoah, just looked at it a bit more closely.... Look at his torso!!!

They've made him all hunched and way shorter and more built than the joker we all know and love.

I hate this. Alot.

No, I think that's just the way his costume looks. I think it has a series of belt type of clasps on it all the way down the chest. If you look, there is another belt looking thingy close to the bottom of the pic. I think he will be standing upright. I don't mind the figure - after all, it would be right after the accident that caused him to be the Joker in the first place - who's to say his hair didn't grow back gradually? Maybe he was a little crazier right after the accident, due to some chemical reaction? I'm willing to give it a try. If it's bad, then I won't watch it.

But we can blame Mattel six months from now when we can't get our hands on the Joker cus he comes one in every 3 boxes.  Honestly, the worst thing about this news is that Mattel is doing this line, too.  What about DC Direct?

I kind of like the Joker.  The best thing about Batman is the openess to interpretation.  The animation won't bother me as long as this show is written well.  The Joker and Mark Hamill from the Animated series was my favorite character, especially when written by Paul Dini.  This series has a lot  live up to.

If this series stinks they better get the old ainmated series in a Box set pronto!

Mike

That brings up an interesting question. Everyone has been so concerned with the voice of Bats, what about the voice of Joker. I can't think of anyone other than Mark Hamill as the voice of the Joker. Since they are going with a new voice for ol' Bats, I think there will be a new voice for Mista J too. What do you think?

Well, I guess here's my answer.

Rino Romano: Batman

Alastair Duncan: Alfred

Kevin Michael Richardson: The Joker

Tom Kenny: The Penguin

Gina Gershon: Catwoman

Steve Harris: Clayface/Evan Bennett

Adam West: Mayor Grange

Ming Na: Detective Ellen Yin

It's gonna be tough to hear a different voice for both Batman and the Joker. Nice to see Adam West is included in the cast though. ANd Gina Gershon as Catwoman?!? MEOW!

Everyone has been so concerned with the voice of Bats, what about the voice of Joker.  I can't think of anyone other than Mark Hamill as the voice of the Joker.  Since they are going with a new voice for ol' Bats, I think there will be a new voice for Mista J too.  What do you think?

Well, I guess here's my answer.

Kevin Michael Richardson: The Joker

It's gonna be tough to hear a different voice for both Batman and the Joker.

Yeah, I had a feeling they'd use a different voice for the Joker

strike 2

All I have to say is that the writing wil have to be pretty good to make up the difference, imo. (And if the Joker looks this different, what does that mean for Catwoman, Two Face, Penguin, etc...?) After all these years of basically the same looking Joker, this version will take a while to get used to. I don't blame Mattel for this, they had to work with what they were given.

I really don't care for either. I really loved the look of the Bruce Timm Animated series. I don't think I'll be able to get used to the different voices either. BTAS was the perfect superhero cartoon. This new "The Batman" has a lot to live up to. I just don't like the new style, it looks more like a caricature than a cartoon show. Who knows, it could be alright and we'll all be kicking or selves for bashin it.

It looks likt this is one that has the light up chest emblem. I don't mind the basice figure (it has knees!) but the lack of a cape really turns me off. I think the first figures that should be made are the regular figures - limit the gimmics and give us the original costume. Sort of like what was done with JLA. Even though the JLA line doesn't have the most articulation, I have to admit the sculpts are dead on and they have the characters in costumes they actually wear.

That joker is absolutly horrendous IMO......I can't stand that Rasta Joker....(I have nothing against reggae) but I really wonder what people are thinking sometimes.....or smoking. I think that "thing" is awful. Bats is pretty cool looking......but the Joker is.......well I already said it.

the thing I can't believe is how so many people like it.......it seems pretty split.

That joker is absolutly horrendous IMO......I can't stand that Rasta Joker....(I have nothing against reggae) but I really wonder what people are thinking sometimes.....or smoking. I think that "thing" is awful. Bats is pretty cool looking......but the Joker is.......well I already said it.

the thing I can't believe is how so many people like it.......it seems pretty split.

I just think of it like a diferent artist's vision of the character. Kind of like a Jim Lee Batman and a Neal Adams Batman. Same character, but visually, very different. Neal's was not as bulky as Jim's. If you throw Frank Miller into the bunch, then you really have a different style. I'll give it a chance, like I said, if the toon sux then I won't be picking up the toys for my kids.

After reading the Toyfare and hearing what the show is all about i realized why they made the joker the way he was...they are making him more pyschotic then in a younger year more unstable as a young man would be in his mental state,,,the joker we all know and love is crazy but alittle mature in age this is what they are tryong to get across...i happen to think its great...im looking forward to seeing what happens

Oh, so thats the reason they made joker so kerrezy.

Kudos to them for making him different due to age.

I like the basic bats figure but that gear and emblem sucks bad.

in my opinion, this is the joker i've always wanted. i know people don't like it, and i LOVE mark hamill's joker rendition, i think his voice is perfect...

but in my opinion the joker has never looked crazy enough. while i don't like the hunch of the figure, i think the head and hair capture the craziness i always thought was missing from the joker's look. if you don't like it, whatever, but my personal opinion is that it's a unique change that i respect.

in my opinion, this is the joker i've always wanted. i know people don't like it, and i LOVE mark hamill's joker rendition, i think his voice is perfect...

but in my opinion the joker has never looked crazy enough. while i don't like the hunch of the figure, i think the head and hair capture the craziness i always thought was missing from the joker's look. if you don't like it, whatever, but my personal opinion is that it's a unique change that i respect.

Have you seen a full body shot of the Joker yet? I'm curious to see the rest of that outfit he has on.

That Batcave playset looks pretty good. I mean not Batman Forever Batcave good, but still, pretty good. I just hope it’s 6 inch scale. Now the Watchtower playset looks sucky. I mean where’s the computer room, and half the time the JLA would be outside in space. I mean come on. How about an interior to the playset, so everybody doesn’t have to go on constant space walks all the time.

a rep at Hasbro just told me that the Joker's secret identity is a young version of Bob Marley. The soundtrack is a must have too. With tracks like "don't, batman, don't cry!" I think hasbro has a hit right here. cool.

Rasterfarianism is a religion not a type of music!