New Wave Pics On Ecay Valor And Venom

xprime187

I forgot to rant on that Zarcrapatan. First I like the outfit and huge symbol well not the belt to much, but that damn head pisses me off! Zartan needs a damn hood not that condom on his head! I hope the last Zartan head and or hood can fit on this body.

Draven #US1#

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, please apply the logic correctly. Character figures have a place but I was calling for a larger ratio of the figures produced to be army builders which are often the more desireable figures.

Which is why presumably Army builder figures have a higher rate/chance of repaints or repacks....

Neo Viper: 7 times in 2 years, considered worth the investment to re-work to an O-Ring Directly ,with another vairant coming in single packs

CLAWS: 6 Times in two years,considered worth the investment to re-work to an O-Ring Directly, with another vairant coming in single packs.

Sand viper: 3 times in one year

Iron Grenadier: 3 times in one year, with another vairant coming in single packs.

BAT V3.2: 5 times in 8 Months,with another vairant coming in single packs, and most recently 3 of them in one reatail package, AND that figure was a re-work of an existing mold.

The nearest any non army builder comes to that is the Wave 1 Gung Ho Mold and Wave 4 Wild Bill, which managed 4 re-releases over more than 2 years, one as a Driver figure, and will likely never be used again, or Recondo, Released 4 Times, Once as a different Character.

Hasbro do acknowlage army building yes, but they also have years of reaserch showing that (in general) Kids buy Hero figures more readiliy Villan ones, this was true thoughout RAH.

Army building is a much more recent phenominon, and the two sources have to be balanced, unless we're going to go back to the theory that only late teen to 20 something collectors with lots of disposable income buy Gi Joe.

At most Hasbro should alter the case assortments from their current "two of every pack" to favour Army Builders more, not produce fewer characters.

The money is better spent on Corps! figures (for accessories), Power team elite for the vehicles, weapons, and custom fodder, and the BBI line for the realism, and vehicles

Gi Joe's, its terrorist's have natty uniforms, tanks and fiughter jets, high tech weapons like Androids Holograms and Lasers, are able to create an island from an undersea volcano to serve as their own country, clone someone from a mix of multiple long dead corpses . They generally Act like an army instead of like Terrorists.

Arms Dealers keep large ammounts of high tech weapons on stock and can thus raise and equip their own armies.

In Gi Joe, The Flamethrower, Long removed from the modern Battlefield due its to short range and dangerous to use nature, is still used by elite forces, allongide Lasers Railguns and Hovercraft.

If its realism you're after it left this series in 1982. Gi Joe is a miltary themed line not a realistic military line.

If its realism you're after it left this series in 1982. Gi Joe is a miltary themed line not a realistic military line.

I wholeheartedly agree, as long as the military theme doesn't dissappear into star brigade manimals with day glo talking backpacks and weapons trees, I'll be a happy man. At least VvV doesn't take the ball and run with it, unlike G.I. Joe 90's er um discrepancies.

i am gonna cry again

THIS FIGURES SUCKKKKK

LOL @loll@

THESE FIGURES ROCK!!!! :)

see, the younger people like them!

and firefly does look like prince! @smilepunch@ @loll@

i almost fogot, cant you give a head swap with a few extra figs you may have gotten by army building with zartan to make regulay nok's? or as Mater Collector calls them "DreadHead Troop Builders"

lol

Edited by MattMan91

The money is better spent on Corps! figures (for accessories), Power team elite for the vehicles, weapons, and custom fodder, and the BBI line for the realism, and vehicles

Gi Joe's, its terrorist's have natty uniforms, tanks and fiughter jets, high tech weapons like Androids Holograms and Lasers, are able to create an island from an undersea volcano to serve as their own country, clone someone from a mix of multiple long dead corpses . They generally Act like an army instead of like Terrorists.

Arms Dealers keep large ammounts of high tech weapons on stock and can thus raise and equip their own armies.

In Gi Joe, The Flamethrower, Long removed from the modern Battlefield due its to short range and dangerous to use nature, is still used by elite forces, allongide Lasers Railguns and Hovercraft.

Now you are taking things out of context. I never said that realism was the most important attribute for me. Playability far outweighs this and if I was into strictly realsitic toys I would be better off collecting 21st century toys or BBI figures as well as vehicles but I favor the Joe line because of the greatness and poseability of the figures . The 21st Century and BBI figs are impossible to play with yet their vehicles and accessories are far more playable than anything that is offered by the valor vs venom line. The BBI blackhawk and 21st century Huey are the best helicopters offered for any 1:18 line because they come with great non spring fired weapons and can fit many figures and are just better toys than many of the new joe vehicles. That these vehicles also lack gaudy paint jobs and stupid designs is also a plus (think night adder where the front of the plane looks like snake).

You know, my family's going through a tough time and my mother's been depressed for a while now. I showed her the pic of these figures and she couldn't stop laughing. Guess these figures were good for something after all. Who knew?

I hope your mom feels better soon. Depression is a major pain.

You know, my family's going through a tough time and my mother's been depressed for a while now. I showed her the pic of these figures and she couldn't stop laughing. Guess these figures were good for something after all. Who knew?

I hope your mom feels better soon. Depression is a major pain.

@bestwishes@ @bestwishes@

i am gonna cry again

THIS FIGURES SUCKKKKK

LOL @loll@

THESE FIGURES ROCK!!!! :)

see, the younger people like them!

and firefly does look like prince! @smilepunch@ @loll@

i almost fogot, cant you give a head swap with a few extra figs you may have gotten by army building with zartan to make regulay nok's? or as Mater Collector calls them "DreadHead Troop Builders"

lol

hey mattman you dont speak for all of us. Im young and I dont like em. They look like theyre for kids who are really young @smilepunch@ Boy...am I glad I got out before I had to see these as a Joe collector

MattMan im 16 dude :)

Make a liar out of'em for just one year? @loll@

Agreed. But there's a difference between a military theme done well and this putrid crap Hasbro's trying to push off on us. There's just too many crazy color choices and other issues for me to see these things a legitimate, well-done G.I. Joe toys. Yeah, they have the name, but they're NOT right. Man...Hasbro's gonna have to work hard this year to hang onto me when it comes to G.I. Joe...

Im confused :)

;) Just something I always joke about, when somebody corrects me on something.

Like if somebody asks me the time and I say "it's 9:45" and somebody else says "actually it's 10 till!" and I'll say "awww hell...make a liar out of me for 5 minutes!" :)

I'll be posting my opinion when the new waves are seen from upclose. For now, I'm thinking of making the purple guy formerly known as Firefly, my new Alley Viper leader. Zartan well have to be costumized to look like Jesse James (West Coast Chopers) to have a bad @ss Biker feel.

Admit it... You guys are gonna say they all suck and they blow but you know when they come out that you going to be buyin them just like everyone else...

"I'm not going to buy any..."  "Well... Maybe this pack and this pack and this one and I need three of these..." ;)

Y'know Outsiders, I'll be totally honest man; for a split second, I got really mad at that comment, to think that you'd imply I'd roll over for such hideous figures. But you know what man, I really hope you're right. I truly hope Hasbro makes me eat my words and take back what I said. I really hope they don't turn out to be as bad as they look in the pics. But I doubt it. Geeze they're horrible! And what's so frustrating is that it's because of seemingly stupid and/or careless little problems here and there that make them awful. Aw...just don't want to talk about it anymore. I get mad all over again when I do...

Sorry y'all.

P.S. And Outsiders, I meant I got really mad in a totally objective way. I ain't hatin'dude. (lol) You're still a bud in my book. I just get bent out of shape over those wave 12(?) figures.