New Wave Pics On Ecay Valor And Venom

xprime187

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..i just noticed something...

is there some strange fetish/fanatsy.. about using neon green and Yellow? ...Eel rocks..but why not blue to fit in with water?

is electric eel a toxic swimmer now?

we dont have any toxec swimming joes...

LOOK OUT ACTION MAN

TOXIC CRUSADERS ARE COMING TOO!

good these figure get worse as i look at them...it the Raptor has ANY neon on it...im done with Hasbro...and they will fell my wrath at the con.

Just for the heck of it, here's my idea of Firefly...

Edited!

Even if the paintjobs don't change much...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF THE PROM TUXEDO SHOES ON FIREFLY!!!

:unsure:

sorry.

man Hasbro's firefly is perfect for a new custom!!!

throw RAHC Big Brawler Head on the body and you have a Christopher Lowell custom :o

YAY!

@propeller@

I don't think the figures look that bad. Yeah, I'd prefer more earthtone (ie realistic) coloring on the figures. I think most of us can agree that most of the molds are actually pretty cool. If you don't like the paint schemes, just remember something...these figures will be repainted. Most of the GvC figures received some kind of repaint and were rereleased. Chances are, if you don't like these paints schemes, you'll like the next one. At the very least, you can mix and match parts to achieve a prefered version (that's what I did with the previous GvC Stalker figures).

I'm actually looking forward to that Snow Serpent repaint. Even though his proportions are a little cartoony, I'd like to Army Build him. I can't wait to see the Joe Snow Wolf figure. I'll probably convert (head swap) all the extra Snow Wolfs I'll accumulate to create a team of snow-mission Joes. I did that with Frostbite and it worked pretty well.

Regarding Zartan, he's not that bad. He's different, but he's not horrible. If you don't like him, use a previous version. I don't mind the scull-cap/doo-rag on him. Look at it this way. He's a master of disguise and an infiltrator. He goes on stealth missions, so wearing that type of commando hat isn't too far-fetched. Once again, if you don't like his head, switch it with a previous version. His new costume fits in with the new Cobra "Super-Villain" theme, so I understand it.

A lot of people here are complaining about the new direction of GI Joe (aka more fantasy/sci-fi elements). I hear your pain (I've been a GI Joe fan from before 1982), but these things aren't made for adults like us. If you want realistic military figures, go buy BBi's stuff. If you don't like VvV, don't buy it. Based on wear I live (Los Angeles), the new Joe stuff sells pretty well. Obviously, somebody likes it.

And if you don't like VvV, just imagine what the next Joe theme is gonna be. It certainly isn't going to be more realistic. I'm betting it's space themed (to coincide with our government's renewed interest in NASA).

Neon paint, t-crotches, AA buttons, "squeezy legs,"...YUCK!  VvV is going downhill fast...

I personally think it looks great and about the neon colors, Look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&category=2467

Um? What's your point? They still look like crap...save the Baroness and Destro.

well,,i'm just glad i'm not a completist....there are a couple figs. i like but overall, i'm not to impressed.....it seems a rare thing when hasbro gets the big 3 right......

1. figure mold [details, realistic proportions]

2. sensible paint apps.

3. appropriate accessories...

Ya know what? I've noticed a lot of people giving praise to Jinx, but haven't seen anyone mention this:

1) Look at how far apart her legs are...much more extreme than if she had an o-ring type crotch. (hint, hint)

2) Look at the picture of her from behind. The waist line seems to be almost a straight line...as if there is no O-ring crotch there...almost like VvV Stormy.

3) What is that "skirt" hiding? Possibly a T-Crotch?

Well, I've kinda calmed down a little, but I'm still very disappointed. I will admit that with the right colors, these figures would be nice, except maybe for that goofy-looking salad-bowl-for-a-helmet thing Dusty's got on. (lol) BUT...it doesn't look as bad to me now that I know it's removable. I didn't know it was. It still looks kinda funny, but...ah.

It's just when I saw that awesome Stalker sculpt, and noticed those ridiculous yellow (FREAKIN' YELLOW!!) patches on a black jacket, I just got so frustrated I wanted to scream, "WTH HASBRO??!!" GGGRR!!!

My point is why does Hasbro waste our time with this stuff? They should be well aware of the fact that there is a more discerning young-adult/adult collector market out here that would love more realistic detailing and colors. If the kids are such a big market for them, make a line strictly for kids, and give the adults perhaps a more limited or smaller collector-oriented line. I get aggravated to think I have to wait around for repaints of figures that should have been done right the first time. I also at times get this overwhelming feeling sometimes that there are chimps in charge of Hasbro's G.I. Joe department or something. I just can't believe anyone who is a true fan of RAH could be doing some of the crappy things they've done and are continuing to do. I've also entertained the ridiculous notion that Derryl DePriest has it in for RAH fans and is doing everything in his power to screw the 3-3/4" ones up so bad that maybe everyone will turn to the 12-inchers. I know that's ridiculous, but man, the twelve-inch stuff, if you grew up on that stuff, you've got it made my friend! They're done right, and us RAH fans are getting the shaft on some level of severity with each wave. And some loyal RAH supporter every now and then slips in a VvsV Snake-Eyes or a VvsV Viper sculpt, or a GvsC Wild Bill. (lol) They may be ruined my wierd colors, but it's almost as if someone tries at times to make something resembling cool Joes and Cobras, and someone else slaps ugly colors on it or gives it the wrong weapons and/or accessories. That's the one thing that makes me so frustrated about G.I. Joe these days; inconsistency. RAH was CONSISTENTLY great up until about '90 or so. GvsC/VvsV? We've had controversy since day one, and we've hung on, hoping things would improve. And when it seems they have and /or will, Hasbro takes three step backwards. Grr! (Someone show me some good pics of an o-ringed VvsV Duke or something before I sell my collection on eBay.) (lol)

Joes:

-Stalker: Really does look good, hopefully a repaint w/ dark green jacket comes soon, or another artic deco Stalker.

-Dusty: Also, pretty nice. Don't care as much for the lighter tans on the figure tho.

-Tunnel Rat: If the whole figure was black/white like the pants, he could be decent. Hopefully, they aren't serious about the neons from the waist up.

-Jinx: Looks a bit bulky, but I wouldn't mess with her. Would be cool if the bandana actually can be put over the eyes to simulate a blindfold.

Cobra:

-Eels: Yellow I could kinda tolerate, if the figure has the "electric" motif going. Translucent green doesn't work so well, but translucent blue or solid blue would be great.

-Zartan: Decent colors could still save him (no purple, same color "mauve" that was on wave 8 Zartan). Only thing that really bugs me is the huge belt.

-"Slash"/Firefly: I'm surprised they didn't use more of the BTR Firefly (maybe the same head?) which I also haven't seen in stores around me yet. If the colors are darker, it could be a "night-attack" Firefly. Hasbro does need to do regular (de-pegged) versions of the o-ring BTR figures at some point, maybe as a store exclusive.

-"Slice?": Has a decent outfit that I'd like to see an o-ring version of, but with a head wearing the "fencing mask" like the previous versions have/

-Snow Serpent: Looks alright, but I'll probably just pick up one. This figure was best served as the driver of the Polar Blast imo, and thats where the bulk of my JVC SS army is involved.

Ya know what?  I've noticed a lot of people giving praise to Jinx, but haven't seen anyone mention this:

1)  Look at how far apart her legs are...much more extreme than if she had an o-ring type crotch.  (hint, hint)

2)  Look at the picture of her from behind.  The waist line seems to be almost a straight line...as if there is no O-ring crotch there...almost like VvV Stormy.

3)  What is that "skirt" hiding?  Possibly a T-Crotch?

Nah...look at her back; she has a sword sheath on, and usually the t-crotch AA figures don't have a hole in their back for backpacks and such. That's my theory and I'm stickin' with it. But you never know...

And I just took another look at the pics, and I'm upset and disgusted all over again. Ugh. We've got fire dept. Jinx, salad-bowl-for-a-helmet and cammo-less Dusty, Power Ranger Firefly, AA Slice (AA says it all), craptacular neon Tunnel Rat, Superzartan (with a friggin' black toboggan on his head!!!), leisure-suit pants Stalker with YELLOW patches on a BLACK jacket, what seems to be a very ugly Night Force, and the most blinding, brightest neon figure Hasbro's ever done; Neon Viper with the new BA feature (blinding action). (lol) The Destro is the only good-looking figure in those auctions, and maybe the Baroness. What a travesty. This has to be THE ugliest wave of figures I've ever seen. The Bionic Six were more toned down than these abominations! The end has to be near. Hasbro's gettin' ready to save me some money in 2004...

@deer@ umm?

Hell....I got nuttin' really!

Either I'm just too uninspired to give an all out ranting or raving review of any kind, or I'm finally just numb (or immune) to the initial hype over seeing new product. @zzzz@

You folks have covered most everything anyway, so I'll just thrown in this for now...

JINX SUCKS! That's so NOT a G.I.Joe! <_<

you do know that the swamp rats "tail" comes off right?

That doesnt really matter to me, the point is is that he looks like a ninja turtle figure and could easily pass for Rat King or Master Splinter. There is far too much animism in the Joe line, we have a half man/ half scorpion, a half man/ half rat, and a half man/ half electric eel. $10 says the new Road Pig will have a snout if he is ever remade.

Admit it... You guys are gonna say they all suck and they blow but you know when they come out that you going to be buyin them just like everyone else...

"I'm not going to buy any..." "Well... Maybe this pack and this pack and this one and I need three of these..." ;)

If you look at peg warming figures you will notice that army builders tend to be absent. I believe that Hasbro does have an idea of what figures will sell and made mention of it when apologizing to fans about the cancellation of wave 8 and the pushing back of the televiper

Its one thing to recognise that some figures are going to be more popular than average, another to recognise the army builder trend, its a different matter entirely to produce figures you think won't be popular enough to sell, it is nonsensical to the point it simply does not happen.

For that matter by your logic Hasbro, because they recognise the Army builder Phenonenon, should only produce army builder figres from now on...

Hasbro was also forced early on in the GVC run to pair less popular characters with popular army builders because retailers didnt want to be stuck with peg warmers

Wild bill,Shipwreck,Wet Suit, Dusty and Frostbite are less popular? and here was me thinking that theyt we're well liked and long established members of the team....

No, please apply the logic correctly. Character figures have a place but I was calling for a larger ratio of the figures produced to be army builders which are often the more desireable figures. It is nonsensical to produce an equal ratio of the character and army builder figures when a drastically smaller percentage of character figures are desired.

As for the Wild Bill, Shipwreck, Dusty, FB figures, yes they are popular but if they werent paired with more desireable cobra troops they wouldnt have sold as well and if they were originally paired together they would have moved slowly at best. (at any time on ebay you can own a large lot of these figures for a song.) Once those that wanted them owned a set there is little to no chance that they would go out and get another, leaving the rest as peg warmers while the army builder sets would sell out so fast that many collecters wouldnt be able to get their fill

Admit it... You guys are gonna say they all suck and they blow but you know when they come out that you going to be buyin them just like everyone else...

"I'm not going to buy any..." "Well... Maybe this pack and this pack and this one and I need three of these..." ;)

The money is better spent on Corps! figures (for accessories), Power team elite for the vehicles, weapons, and custom fodder, and the BBI line for the realism, and vehicles

-Jinx: Looks a bit bulky, but I wouldn't mess with her. Would be cool if the bandana actually can be put over the eyes to simulate a blindfold.

The bandana does and is meant to go over her eyes, the idiot in hong kong who put these up for bid probably didn't know any better

As for the Wild Bill, Shipwreck, Dusty, FB figures, yes they are popular but if they werent paired with more desireable cobra troops they wouldnt have sold as well and if they were originally paired together they would have moved slowly at best. (at any time on ebay you can own a large lot of these figures for a song.) Once those that wanted them owned a set there is little to no chance that they would go out and get another, leaving the rest as peg warmers while the army builder sets would sell out so fast that many collecters wouldnt be able to get their fill

This makes me think of all the Hacker/Scalpel and Barrel Roll figures that were readily available for a very... very long time.

You know, my family's going through a tough time and my mother's been depressed for a while now. I showed her the pic of these figures and she couldn't stop laughing. Guess these figures were good for something after all. Who knew?

Ghost Bear????

Mech Armor?

Translucent "Electric" Eel?

Alpine's shorts?

WTF???????????

Sad, very Sad.