Cobra Ranks

kenshin

I would say the Infantry are at the lowest. A step up would be Viper and from there it sects off. For example before one is a Snow Serpent they have to be an Eel. Obviously the highest "acheivable" rank in the Cobra Empire would be Crimson Guard.

Guest gunslingercbr
I would say the Infantry are at the lowest.  A step up would be Viper and from there it sects off.  For example before one is a Snow Serpent they have to be an Eel.  Obviously the highest "acheivable" rank in the Cobra Empire would be Crimson Guard.

you haven't been reading your filecards. time to reread the original VIPER FILECARD:

"If you want to get anywhere in Cobra, you have to start out as a Viper. That's the bottom of the pyramid..."

of course, it goes on to describe Vipers as just Infantryman, which means that the new Infantry pack serve the same purpose as Vipers. Not very well planned out on Hasbro's part.

that being said, the new Infantryman are just new versions of the original Cobra Officers and Soldiers, who existed at the same time the Vipers were created. If the Cobra Soldiers were around simultaneously with Vipers, and the Vipers were still described as the lowest part of the Cobra ranks, than the standard COBRA ranks above Vipers, and thus so do the new Infantryman, since they are obviously meant to be the same.

. Obviously the highest "acheivable" rank in the Cobra Empire would be Crimson Guard.

That is not so either. Crimson Guardsmen are e-4 equivalents. While Morays, Hiss Drivers, Stinger Drivers and Officers. Whole the rank of 0-4.

Most people agree that the Viper was meant to replace the Cobra trooper.

.  Obviously the highest "acheivable" rank in the Cobra Empire would be Crimson Guard.

That is not so either. Crimson Guardsmen are e-4 equivalents. While Morays, Hiss Drivers, Stinger Drivers and Officers. Whole the rank of 0-4.

Most people agree that the Viper was meant to replace the Cobra trooper.

THERE IS A DIFF BETWEEN ENLISTED AND OFFICERS THOUGH ALSO.....

I always thought the infantrymen were kinda 'fased out' when new tech came in and vipers were initiated into the cobra army.

And DOCHOLIDAY56, lay off the caps lock.

In my Joeverse, the infantry are the lowest on the totem pole period. The Vipers are the advanced infantry, storm troopers, that type of thing.

furthermore, I make a distinction between the various paint schemes on the vipers. For example the Latest incarnation (v10) are my Terrordrome Honor Guard. The green ones are my field troops, the black/purple version are my night operations vipers and so on.

I make a distinction between the various paint schemes on the vipers. For example the Latest incarnation are my Terrordrome Honor Guard. The green ones are my field troops, the black/purple version are my night operations vipers and so on.

COOL.....good idea

thanks --- and just to expand a little:

The tele-vipers, night vipers, and all the other vipers are pulled from the viper ranks. So, ie an infantryman becomes a viper and then can stay on to eventually become a veteran viper (version 1) or can branch off into a specialty like night vipers, techno vipers, toxo vipers, etc.

additionally, when night viper goes out into the field he can bring with him a few of the black/purple vipers to serve as his back up type of thing. I guess that would make those vipers like apprentices or something. Or, perhaps they're just vipers with a different colored uniform to match the mission.