$5.95, What Does It Mean To You???

JayC

5.95 is the worth of the magazine i bought today so i could see these pics up close in their packages, and baroness is blue, not black, and hard drive looks better than that other pic.

Before I had internet access, I bought Tomart, Lee's, ToyFare, White's Guide, etc... almost monthly. I still have a stack of my favorite issues. Eventually, I slacked off until I stopped buying them; I think it was a combination of not finding them and riunning out of room. Now, I flip through them everytime I go to the book store; even with the photos on the net, old habits are hard to break. Instead of my eyes being glued to the newest photos, I just click on ther link. ;)

As far as paying to see images, I'd wait it out, like I do now. Hasbro has had a few Insider exclusives; and while some have leaked out, I've still managed to wait untill they were 'publically revealed' (vs renewing my subscription just to get the mag).

thats what YOJOE.com is for my friend.......I don't know what any magazine could have that could top that website. I frequently visit there.....probably one of the best fan websites out there.

I agree that YoJoe.com is probably the best free resource to G.I.Joe figures, accessories, vehicles etc out there but in certain circumstances it pays to have a good Joe resource on hand when you have no possible access to the internet.

An extreme and not-likely example, at a collector's fair some guy has a massive box of weapons for say 10c each or whatever and your no expert on Joe weapons. A good resource on hand aside you when looking through this box of weapons can become crucial.

I have never really been a fan of the price guides in the back of these mags as some of the price reccomendations are way out of proportion either listing values too high or too low but out at the fairs etc, they can still become a useful tool in deciding over whether a toy is worth buying or not. It just provides that extra little bit of help so overall I do believe that these mags are worth buying occasionally but not all the time.

Roughly I buy one of each of the titles mentioned a year (usually when they feature guides on G.I.Joe or other lines I have interest in). Maybe not the best guides but they are worth it. If I'd never bought these things in the first place, i would have passed up on many cheap toys and accessorie etc as normally i would have thought they were overpriced.